Author Topic: identifying poisonous snakes.  (Read 3564 times)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: identifying poisonous snakes.
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 11:02:08 AM »
Unless it's a Natalie Wood.

bob

How long you been waiting to use that one?  =D
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 11:20:31 AM »
I expected a pic or two of the current administration.  ;)

or any administration.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2013, 02:43:09 PM »
Right!  :lol:
Avoid cliches like the plague!

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2013, 09:28:24 PM »
Non poison snakes have round pupals in their eyes.  Poison snakes have slit eyes.  That is, if you want to get that close to see which is which....chris3

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2013, 09:38:39 PM »
if younz guize stopped eating the venimous snakes, you won't get poisoned
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2013, 11:01:55 AM »
hey guise! what kinda serpent is this?

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2013, 12:22:24 PM »
hey guise! what kinda serpent is this?

It's a rattlesnake.

What did I win?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2013, 12:37:27 PM »
you win a PA timber rattlesnake, whats your shipping address?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2013, 01:20:33 PM »

Didn't look like the rattlesnakes we have out here, so I figured that you photoshopped it  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2013, 03:26:28 PM »
i was thinking about photoshoping him into a picture of the mens bathroom floor
and printing out a notice that the rodent problem has been solved.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2013, 04:31:34 PM »
Why kill it - even if it is poisonous?

Why not? It's a snake.

(In the interest of full disclosure, I had a traumatic incident involving a large snake and a small child [that'd be me] when I was a wee bit of a lad. I HATE SNAKES -- ALL SNAKES. I'm perfectly willing to leave 'em alone ... as long as they stay out of my house, out of my yard, and out of my presence.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2013, 09:56:45 PM »
i was thinking about photoshoping him into a picture of the mens bathroom floor
and printing out a notice that the rodent problem has been solved.

In which case you would have to add Esq. after its name.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2013, 09:59:05 PM »

17th House District Delegate
General Assembly Building
910 South 9th Street
Richmond VA 23225

Please mark Deliver to Addressee Only

stay safe.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2013, 11:46:52 AM »
17th House District Delegate
General Assembly Building
910 South 9th Street
Richmond VA 23225

Please mark Deliver to Addressee Only

stay safe.
At least send some rattlesnake eggs. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2013, 11:49:47 AM »
Here's one to identify:

=D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2013, 11:58:12 AM »
Why kill it - even if it is poisonous?
Where I grew up, we had a lot of copperheads.  Even the little ones would curl up and prepare to strike rather than run away.  We came across more than a few curled up in the middle of a cow trail daring someone to get too close.  Between fire ants, cow manure, and snakes, you learned to always watch where you put your feet.  They liked to also hang out on the concrete steps at the doorway in the evening after the sun goes down.  At least one time we saw a copperhead curled up on a bush about 3 feet in the air.  

There were lots of non poisonous snakes out there that hid and kept to themselves.  We often would not even see them.  

Outside dogs would help spot the snakes and at least bark at them.
Predator birds are more numerous now than when I was a kid.  That might help also.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge