Author Topic: Valez funeral protests - *DUW* several pics  (Read 1264 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Valez funeral protests - *DUW* several pics
« on: August 04, 2006, 07:00:35 AM »
I made it a point to get a good look at the kooks protesting the Andrew Velez memorial service.

About what I expected - 30 or 40 dipwads with signs meant to do nothing but inflame, and six or seven hundred people there in support of the family and the minimization of the Idiots' Brigade.

Every time the Goober Squade would start a little chant, every one of the 400-plus motorcycles would fire up and drown them out. That's in addition to the hundreds of cars driving by in a constant stream of honking their horns and cheers of encouragement to the patriots' side of the fence.

Brad

It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 07:17:53 AM »
Who was Freddy Valez?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Iain

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 07:25:25 AM »
Assuming this is to do with Fred Phelps, so Valez will have been military.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 07:38:11 AM »
Ooops, got the names backwards. The memorial service was for Andrew Velez. Andrew's brother, Freddy, was killed in action November 2004 while serving in Iraq. Andrew died in Afghanistan in July.

The Kook Squad (aka as the Westboro Baptist Church or, more precisely, the family of the "reverend" Fred Phelps) was on hand to protest with their "God Hates Fags" and "Thank God for another dead soldier" signs. I got a good long look at them - they are, well... there's really no other way to describe them except to say that they are extremely strange.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 07:50:16 AM »
**SADShooter takes an unChristian moment to imagine details of Phelps & Co. future accomodations**

God bless the Velez family and the people shielding their grief from that carbon-based debris.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

crt360

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 02:02:19 PM »
Those Westboro Baptist folks are strange.  I saw an interview with a female representative of their congregation and she was your typical brainwashed, semi-void, logic-free, irrational cult follower type.  When asked a simple question that any normal person could have easily given a coherent reply to, she just got indignant and spouted some of their odd teachings.
For entertainment purposes only.

Stickjockey

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 02:05:23 PM »
**SADShooter takes an unChristian moment to imagine details of Phelps & Co. future accomodations**
That visual have anything to do with them saying, "Uh, excuse me; mind if I smoke?" a lot? :evillaugh:
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

Iain

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 02:06:45 PM »
There is quite a funny video I've seen of a male Australian TV presenter interviewing Phelps Jnr and pretending to make a pass at him.

Quite possibly is an Australian/British humour thing, but I giggled.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 05:47:11 PM »
Let me state my feelings this way: Phelps is a religious zealot, as bad as the Islamic extremists. Perhaps worse as the Islamists have centuries of extremist beliefs guiding them. Phelps dreamed up his twisted views and foists them on his family as a tyranical maniac. I feel qiute sure he'll burn in hell, despite the fact he seems/ purports to be extremely religious.

Somebody help me out with the name of the "motorcycle gang". Can't recall it, off hand, but GOD BLESS 'EM!!!!!!

Stay safe.
Bob
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 06:33:24 PM »
Quote from: Brad Johnson
Ooops, got the names backwards. The memorial service was for Andrew Velez. Andrew's brother, Freddy, was killed in action November 2004 while serving in Iraq. Andrew died in Afghanistan in July.

The Kook Squad (aka as the Westboro Baptist Church or, more precisely, the family of the "reverend" Fred Phelps) was on hand to protest with their "God Hates Fags" and "Thank God for another dead soldier" signs. I got a good long look at them - they are, well... there's really no other way to describe them except to say that they are extremely strange.

Brad
Thank you for pointing out that Westboro Baptist church is in fact Fred Phelps and family. Other than claiming the name, they have nothing to do with any Baptist individuals or organizations I have ever met. If satan has a particular designated tool in America, Phelps has to be near the top of the list of who it is.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 06:47:34 PM »
Quote from: Bob F.
Let me state my feelings this way: Phelps is a religious zealot, as bad as the Islamic extremists. Perhaps worse as the Islamists have centuries of extremist beliefs guiding them. Phelps dreamed up his twisted views and foists them on his family as a tyranical maniac. I feel qiute sure he'll burn in hell, despite the fact he seems/ purports to be extremely religious.

Somebody help me out with the name of the "motorcycle gang". Can't recall it, off hand, but GOD BLESS 'EM!!!!!!

Stay safe.
Bob
A good point that diverges a little is that motorcycle associations are coming a little more into the mainstream of "family values" recently than they had used to be potrayed as. Hollywood used to like to show all (Harley driving) bikers as criminals, but the recent resurgence in biking is showing that they are joe citizen with the same values and concerns as you and I. The particular group that is catching attention in regards to miltary funerals being assaulted by Phelps et al, I think is this one

http://patriotguard.org/

If you're an American, this picture had ought to hit home to you

Honoring Lance Cpl David J Grames Sanchez - Ft Wayne, Indiana
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2006, 07:51:55 AM »
Stand_watie: Thanks, Patriot Guard it is. Just went blank there! And you're absolutely right about the bikers!

Stay safe.
Bob
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."