Author Topic: Obama and the IRS  (Read 11198 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Obama and the IRS
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2013, 12:45:26 PM »
Benghazi....  I'm fed up.  It was election time and the White House and his Party conspired to control the release of information, public opinion and reduce impact to the election.

It was more than that. I'm almost certain. I firmly believe that Obama made a conscious decision to NOT send aid to the consulate, as a firefight would have ensued, and he would have to explain why we were having a firefight with protestors. It would have come to light that there were elements of al-Queda that launched a planned attack on the 9/11 anniversary.

I believe that Obama deliberately let those people die in order to not adversely affect his campaign.

It's my understanding that only the CIC can give the order for our planes to enter the airspace of a sovereign nation. Therefore, any stand down orders to the planes in Italy or in the Gulf would have been the result of Obama saying "no". Or would someone lower on the food chain give stand down orders that might countermand what the Commander in Chief wanted, whether or not they knew what the CIC wanted?

It's also my understanding, and this is only what I've read, that the order to stand down given to our special forces in Tripoli would have to come from the very top, meaning Obama.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2013, 01:33:06 PM »
It was more than that. I'm almost certain. I firmly believe that Obama made a conscious decision to NOT send aid to the consulate, as a firefight would have ensued, and he would have to explain why we were having a firefight with protestors. It would have come to light that there were elements of al-Queda that launched a planned attack on the 9/11 anniversary.

I believe that Obama deliberately let those people die in order to not adversely affect his campaign.

It's my understanding that only the CIC can give the order for our planes to enter the airspace of a sovereign nation. Therefore, any stand down orders to the planes in Italy or in the Gulf would have been the result of Obama saying "no". Or would someone lower on the food chain give stand down orders that might countermand what the Commander in Chief wanted, whether or not they knew what the CIC wanted?

It's also my understanding, and this is only what I've read, that the order to stand down given to our special forces in Tripoli would have to come from the very top, meaning Obama.

Which brings us back to the paradox: there is no record/evidence thus far provided of his movements or communication that night after the initial briefing. So:

If he gave the order, why?

If he did not give the order, why not?

If he gave an order which was not carried out (the story so far), why not?

We still do not know the correct question, much less the answer.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2013, 01:45:15 PM »
Big 0 captured OBL all by himself, but didn't have anything to do with Benghazi   ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2013, 04:11:15 PM »
Big 0 captured OBL all by himself, but didn't have anything to do with Benghazi   ;/

I believe the old proverb has it that success hath a thousand fathers, but failure is Bush's fault.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2013, 05:36:17 PM »
Which brings us back to the paradox: there is no record/evidence thus far provided of his movements or communication that night after the initial briefing.

The White House talking point on the Sunday morning talk shows was that where Obama was is irrelevant. That's pretty much all they've got to offer.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2013, 05:44:27 PM »
The White House talking point on the Sunday morning talk shows was that where Obama was is irrelevant. That's pretty much all they've got to offer.

Yeah. Dan Pfeiffer tried to peddle that on Fox News Sunday, et al. I'm not buying it.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2013, 06:33:39 PM »
My guess is that History will state that the US constitutional republic died a long time before now.
My point exactly.  Obama's contribution to our constitutional demise is that of tearing down all the constitutional bunting.  We no longer have all the trappings of a constitutional republic.  Both parties and their enablers inflicted damage that only became evident with Obama. 
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2013, 10:16:15 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2013, 10:31:14 PM »
Don't worry, in a few more weeks it will all be a distant, forgotten memory.  On to the next crisis on your favorite reality show.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2013, 11:36:38 PM »
What difference does it matter now?- Hillary Clinton, first woman president.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2013, 12:27:59 PM »
Now Max Baucus is criticizing the IRS behaviour  :O

WTF ???  First he votes against gun control and now this  ... is he changing parties?   =|

I'm almost starting to like the SOB.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2013, 01:19:38 PM »
Don't worry, in a few more weeks it will all be a distant, forgotten memory.  On to the next crisis on your favorite reality show.

The Press has already stepped past Fast and Furious.  The more time that passes the more these things are forgotten.  We just changed one word to the State Departments statement about Benghazi.... yeah, right.

It started with Fast & Furious.  Then Benghazi, then the IRS and "patriot groups", then the AP....  What's next?  It took the AP story for any Democrats to start raising questions about what is and has been going on.  But, Obama gave the direct order to take out OBL, but not to try and save the Embassy people.  Now of course they are trying to protect Hillary Clinton.  There is a bad smell associated with this presidency.  People thought Nixon was bad... in my opinion taken as a whole it makes Nixon into a great president.

As more information comes out, I expect the "I word" to be more discussed and not just by the far right.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 01:27:20 PM by slingshot »
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Poper

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2013, 05:00:51 PM »
in my opinion taken as a whole it makes Nixon into a great president.
That's not funny.

May be this will assist in the assessment of the Nixon-Obama comparison:
Will no one stand up for Richard Nixon? Richard Nixon was a combat veteran, a staunch and brave anti-Communist, a man who took on the liberal establishment and at times his own party's as well, a leader who often thought for himself and had the courage of his convictions, a president who assembled a first-rate Cabinet and one who—while flawed both in character and in policy judgment—usually tried to confront the real problems and deal with challenges of his times. Richard Nixon led neither the country nor his own administration from behind.
Source:  http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/he-s-no-nixon_728610.html

JMMHO,

Poper

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Obama and the IRS
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2013, 05:24:11 PM »
it gets better  lerner? lady in charge who planted question? is taking the 5th in front of congress

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2013, 06:31:37 PM »
it gets better  lerner? lady in charge who planted question? is taking the 5th in front of congress

To questions regarding her job and possible malfeasance? Cause for termination & forfeiture of benefits, with or without criminal prosecution.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2013, 08:20:46 PM »

The sheep dip must be deep.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2013, 08:51:28 PM »
Cause for termination & forfeiture of benefits, with or without criminal prosecution.
That'll never happen.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2013, 08:53:46 PM »
That'll never happen.

Harsh my fantasy mellow in two posts. Thanks.

You're right, of course. =(

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2013, 08:34:49 AM »

Can I do that when I'm audited by the IRS?  I mean if she can do that in front of Congress (although she is one of my "betters") then I, as a lowly peon, should be a able to do that with a lowly IRS agent, right?   I keep hearing from them that it's a "voluntary" system.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2013, 08:39:17 AM »
I don't even care about her that much at this point. Is she likely guilty of something, potentially criminal? I bet she is. But the fact that she's now taking the 5th, and she was the face of the IRS apology, to me means she's being scapegoated (or promised something) and there are MUCH bigger fish to fry. The investigation committee should be spending less time on her and more time on tracking down the big smelly fish.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2013, 08:43:24 AM »
And the lying continues.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/21/white-house-treasury-discussed-revealing-irs-probe/
Despite the preliminary strategy sessions between the White House and Treasury, Mr. Carney repeatedly said the White House did not know or approve of the Internal Revenue Service’s eventual plan: to plant a question at a panel discussion attended by a key IRS official.

But he acknowledged that Mark Childress, the White House deputy chief of staff, twice spoke with Treasury Department officials about the best way to let the public know that conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status had been singled out for special scrutiny and sometimes invasive questioning.

See boys and girls, that's the problem with lying.  Once you tell a lie, then you have to tell another one to cover that lie.  And then another lie one to cover that one, and so on, until you've told so many lies that don't know what lies you've told and finally all of your lies catch up to you when the truth comes out (and it will).

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2013, 04:36:34 AM »
Heard on a talking head show yesterday while driving (Rush?  I forget perzactly who as I don't generally listen to those programs anymore.) that the reason this is coming out now is so it will all be over and forgotten by the 2014 elections.  That made a certain sense, especially given the machinations of this administration.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2013, 05:18:06 AM »
seems lerner as a manager in the fec filed suit against a christian group in the 90's     and lost
payback time

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2013, 09:21:29 AM »
And Fast and Furious is making a comeback.  Seems the US Attorney for AZ was leaking derogatory information about the F&F whistleblower to Fox News(!?!?) in violation of federal law.  He facing sanctions from the AZ Bar.  Why he's not facing criminal charges is beyond me. 

Oh wait.  He's Holder's buddy.  My bad. 

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2013, 11:27:18 AM »
The fact that there aren't hundreds of .gov employees hanging from light poles shows that Americans are a remarkably patient people.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama