Author Topic: hope you oklahoma folks are ok  (Read 4056 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
hope you oklahoma folks are ok
« on: May 20, 2013, 05:22:40 PM »
heck of a storm hope y'all had safe spots and families are safe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: hope you oklahoma folks are ok
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 05:34:11 PM »
Still southwest of me but getting close. Tornado on the ground about 35 miles away tracking towards me
City of Moore was flattened by a mile wide F5.
Gonna be a long night.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 05:47:22 PM »
Tornado on the ground a little less than 20 miles due west tracking mostly east. that one might get too close for comfort. Latest radar shows it tracking a little to the north of me.
Could be a long night these storms are already having a big impact in my work area.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 06:06:37 PM »
Dodged the first bullet, tornadic cell tracked north of us.
Just getting started good.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 06:38:06 PM »
Moore, Oklahoma was hit very hard.

News videos are show entire neighborhoods wiped out, nothig left but piles of debris.
So far only 2-3 reported fatalities but recovery is just getting started.

http://www.newson6.com/story/22301266/massive-tornado-rips-across-moore-hits-elementary-school

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 07:06:11 PM »
Another circulation feature has popped up to the southwest. this one is on a direct track for my location but it is right now weaker than the last one.
Lots of rain right now and only moderate winds so far.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 07:12:38 PM »
Up north here a couple of hours. The earlier cell calmed down by the time it got here. Sitting on the edge of another one now that is rumbling pretty good but it is calm, too calm.

I hate seeing those pictures from OK. A good customer of mine lost a daughter in Joplin when that big one hit town.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 07:21:17 PM »
I'm good , storm missed Lawton.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 07:23:57 PM »
Up north here a couple of hours. The earlier cell calmed down by the time it got here. Sitting on the edge of another one now that is rumbling pretty good but it is calm, too calm.

I hate seeing those pictures from OK. A good customer of mine lost a daughter in Joplin when that big one hit town.

jim

A woman I went to school with lost her son in the big Joplin tornado. He was working at a convenience store and he was the last one getting everyone else into the walk in cooler but didn't make it in himself.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 07:42:16 PM »
Seeing reports of another tornado on the ground in extreme NE Oklahoma, RADAR showing debris in the air. That one is in an area I cover for work. Sparsley populated, mostly rural area. No details yet, still in progress.
This was the same tornadic storm cell that tracked just north of my place earlier.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 07:43:06 PM »
Crossing into SW MO. now.

Samuel Adams

• friends
Re: Re: hope you oklahoma folks are ok
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 08:04:07 PM »
some sad reports from one school. prayers for all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 08:08:56 PM »
some sad reports from one school. prayers for all

KFOR just reported up to 24 victims in the elementary school, gone from a rescue to recovery effort.  :'(

RoadKingLarry

• friends

Samuel Adams

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 09:56:02 PM »
Well , i'm now on ALERT.  ???

Could be going to Moore....... I will know in 72 hours or less.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 10:01:18 PM »
Death toll is up to 51 as of 1900 PDT.  From the sound of things it's probably not done climbing.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2013, 10:04:52 PM »
Storms split Tulsa to the north and south.  Could be called up in the next 48 hours or so to go help.

Right now the reports about the deaths in the one school is that they drowned.

Right now listening to OKCPD scanner on the computer and the biggest issue is trying to get parents and children together.

http://tunein.com/radio/Oklahoma-City-Police-s147235/
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2013, 10:32:26 PM »
Death toll is up to 51 as of 1900 PDT.  From the sound of things it's probably not done climbing.

If history is any example, I doubt we will know for sure for at least a couple of days.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2013, 10:33:44 PM »
If history is any example, I doubt we will know for sure for at least a couple of days.

So very sad, tragically sad.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2013, 11:04:27 PM »
Amazing video on CNN showing the total destruction and the massive size of the funnel clouds.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 11:17:50 PM »

Tulsa too?

Cripes.  I'm supposed to be in Tulsa next week.

Could you guys switch off the twisters for a few days?  I'll need an airport to land on and a hotel to stay in and an office building in which to interview.

So, if you could suspend the tornado festivities for a brief period, that would be awesome.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2013, 11:32:56 PM »
Tulsa was missed this time around. Just "normal" storm damage there, so far.
What brings you to Tulsa.

Samuel Adams

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2013, 01:41:33 AM »

[snip]

What brings you to Tulsa.

Job interview.  Third level, face-to-face, on site.  This is after a month+ of screening interviews, video Skype, online tests (3), and two technical interviews.  Next step is in-person Spanish Inquisition.

Someone forgot to mention that there would be a SHTF weather exercise included.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2013, 03:00:59 AM »

Latest radio report are saying 91 dead.
Moore was hit 14 years ago, May 4th, 1999, with an F5 that is the current record for size and strength for a tornado in Oklahoma.

Samuel Adams

• friends
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2013, 03:14:07 AM »
if i remember right that one holds the record for highest recorded wind speed at earth surface