Author Topic: Brady Campaign  (Read 972 times)

cambeul41

• friend
Brady Campaign
« on: May 21, 2013, 09:15:49 PM »
This afternoon the Brady Bunch called me to solicit my help to convince my congressman to vote for their idea of "common sense" legislation.

Normally I would have just politely hung up — yes, that is polite considering what I think of them — but today I was suffering back pains and I was not in the mood to be polite. I waited to see if a living person would come on line for two reasons: 1) to raise their telephone costs as high as possible, and 2) to give my opinion of what they called "common sense legislation."

No human came on for me to speak to. However, better yet, the recording ended with, "Press zero now to be connected to your congressman.  This is a free call."

WHEE! I got to talk for free to my congressman's telephone answerer to explain  my opinion of the Brady Campaign and my position on any bill that they support.

Am I a bad person for using my free call for exactly the opposite reason that Brady, et al, intended?
?It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.?
?Thomas Sowell

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Brady Campaign
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 09:27:39 PM »
It seems to me that it was very important to the Brady Campaign that they put you in touch with your congressman to talk common sense. It appears that's exactly what you did. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 09:29:09 PM »
Good job!!

*applause*
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 09:30:39 PM »

No human came on for me to speak to. However, better yet, the recording ended with, "Press zero now to be connected to your congressman.  This is a free call."

WHEE! I got to talk for free to my congressman's telephone answerer to explain  my opinion of the Brady Campaign and my position on any bill that they support.

Am I a bad person for using my free call for exactly the opposite reason that Brady, et al, intended?

It's an obvious vulnerability.  If they haven't patched it, they're prey, and deserve to be eaten.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 09:53:07 PM »
Bravo, Sir!!!   Well Played !!!!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 06:18:06 AM »
Well done!

But a question - doesn't everybody have free long distance calling now?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 11:01:26 AM »
Well done!

But a question - doesn't everybody have free long distance calling now?

stay safe.

No, but we no longer have to climb the pole to answer our phone  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin