Author Topic: We're about to be bombed!  (Read 1713 times)

spinr

We're about to be bombed!
« on: August 07, 2006, 05:57:47 AM »
So, the USDA is set to begin carpet bombing most of N.C., among other states.  shocked

Planes Dropping Rabies Vaccine

STAFF REPORTS
August 7, 2006 8:36 am

Fish-flavored food falling from the sky starting today is designed to vaccinate raccoons against rabies.

The packets dropped from airplanes are intended to stop the rabies virus from spreading west of the Appalachians from states along the Eastern Seaboard, where the disease is already widespread.

The aerial distribution of the vaccine-laced bait begins Monday through a program sponsored by the U.S. Department of Agricultures Wildlife Services Agency in cooperation with the N.C. Division of Public Health.

The bait will be dropped in portions of Buncombe, Haywood, Madison, Mitchell, Swain and Yancey counties and the northeast tip of Jackson County.

If you find a bait packet near your home, it's best to leave it alone unless it is on your lawn, driveway, or other area not likely to attract a raccoon. While wearing a glove, you can move the bait to an area of thicker cover where a raccoon will be more likely to find it. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water after any contact with the bait.

If a child touches broken bait, wash the exposed skin and call the U.S. Department of Agricultures Wildlife Services office at (866) 487-3297 for further instructions and referral.
Anyone else been subject to this before?  I hope I get it see one of the bombing runs...

Hhhmm, this ought to get the local 'chemtrail' conspiracists all in a tizzy.  Cheesy

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 06:17:49 AM »
I can see it now...

Conspiracy theories about how this is actually an attempt to breed a species of super smart raccoon overlords.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 06:40:54 AM »
an attempt to breed a species of super smart raccoon overlords.
What do you mean by "attempt" blasphemous unbeliever?!? My bandit-masked Overlords will have their vengeance upon thee tootsweet.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 07:39:13 AM »
This program proved effective in dealing with a rabies outbreak among foxes in south Texas...

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 07:47:52 AM »
And look what it's gotten you, Art!

Genetically engineered foxes that are smarter than your average bear!

CALL RANGER SMITH!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 08:00:27 AM »
Wha?  Free food?
brb, I'm getting a few buckets set up outside.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 08:14:55 AM »
Rising Teal - Falling Fish

I recommend #8 hard shot.

"Take 'em Folks! "

Smiley

Welllll

I mean usually  it is Rising Teal with Running Wabbit

I can do Falling Fish with Running Rabid Racoon.

I mean momma coon might not cut up the fish for the baby coons - I wanna help is all.

Tongue

28 ga of course, gotta give the fishies a "sporting" chance and all...

'Sides, I ain't ever shot "Fish Flurries" before...

I ain't bad - just consitent.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 08:23:22 AM »
Its George Bush's fault.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Preacherman

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 09:24:22 AM »
I can see the news report now . . . Cheesy

There were amazing scenes in North Carolina today following the first drop of rabies-vaccine-carrying food to the local raccoon population.

Apparently competition among the raccoons for the free food was so fierce that fighting erupted across a wide stretch of the Blue Ridge Mountains.  This spilled over onto local roads, where mobs of raccoons fought each other for scraps of baited food that had fallen into gutters and storm-water drains.

An eighteen-wheeler, trying to avoid the scurrying combatants, overturned and dumped its load of 40,000 eggs on the grass verge, leading to even more raccoons joining the food fight.

The noise brought several inquisitive bears out of the woods, and they joined in the eggstravaganza, gorging themselves on the thousands of eggs scattered for hundreds of yards around.

One bear, irritated at being hooted at by passing motorists, began lobbing eggs at vehicles on the nearby Interstate, which caused numerous reports to State Police of assault on vehicles.  Responding to these complaints, several State Police cars were bombarded by the bears, leading to their calling in air support.

The air support proceeded to drop water-bombs on the offending bears, who retaliated by calling in the local eagle population to poop all over the helicopters' windscreens . . .
cheesy
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 09:57:31 AM »
Preacherman -

That description is what the LegislativeCritters do around here when in session... Tongue

One should see how they fight and scrapple over  food down at the concession...

They call it a "Rotunda" for reason too...

crt360

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 01:23:49 PM »
I remember some time back they dropped little square bait blocks to help with the coyote rabies problem.  When I lived in SA, they dropped a lot around there and places south.  They looked like a big piece of dry dog food and probably smelled better than dead fish.  I never tried one, nor did I get beaned in the head by an earthbound one.
For entertainment purposes only.