Author Topic: I can't believe the new "bugging" scandal hasn't been posted yet  (Read 9143 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: I can't believe the new "bugging" scandal hasn't been posted yet
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2013, 03:48:08 PM »
Got it from this link:
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/edward-snowden-sauron-nsa/

Then watch Feinstein embarrass herself defending Clapper. “Well, I, I, this is very hard. There is no more direct or honest person than Jim Clapper, and I think Mike and I know that. You can misunderstand the question. Th, this” — et cetera.

Clapper pretty clearly lied. Maybe he lied because he felt Sen. Ron Wyden, who questioned him, had no right to an honest answer. That is, maybe he lied because, rightly or wrongly, he felt justified in deceiving the Senate in a public hearing, for national security reasons. But it is not credible to claim that the top spy in America didn’t understand a straightforward question by Sen. Wyden, or didn’t know what he was saying. The way Sen. Feinstein squirmed and got all shifty and mushmouthed undermines one’s confidence in the government. As George Will said later on the program, we really do live in a world in which the terroristic threat to America lives in the shadows, and our security agencies have to deal with that. That said (Will continued), we also live in a world in which the government has just been discovered using its tax agency to harass people for political reasons. Why is it reasonable to trust that the people who run this government would handle this massive data grab responsibly?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: I can't believe the new "bugging" scandal hasn't been posted yet
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2013, 04:46:45 PM »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero