Author Topic: Swedish Euroweenies in the Men's Room  (Read 3014 times)

HankB

• friend
Swedish Euroweenies in the Men's Room
« on: June 12, 2013, 08:14:49 AM »
Someone PLEASE tell me that the source is the European equivalent of The Onion . . .

http://www.inquisitr.com/255241/urinating-standing-up-may-soon-be-illegal-in-europe/#yMYu88i6zGf4VMFI.99

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/13/sweden-left-party-toilet-stand_n_1590572.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news

Leftist party allegedly want to outlaw standing urination for men . . .  :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Re: Swedish Euroweenies in the Men's Room
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 08:45:07 AM »
I'm not a big fan of the Huffington Post, but that was a pretty funny video clip after the article.

I also predict that this measure will fail just because of the sheer cost of mandating the replacement of urinals with toilets.  As for practicality, I work part-time doing armed security, and if I had to take off my weapon, gun belt, and suspenders every time I had to pee then I wouldn't have time for any actual security-ing.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 09:16:43 AM »
Toilets typically use more water than urinals, right?  Why do the leftists hate the environment?

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 09:35:35 AM »
The feminazis are just jealous cause they can't write their name in the snow.
I am of the strong opinion that the male bladder empties best outside. Fortunately I live in the country and the dog and I agree on this issue.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »
The feminazis are just jealous cause they can't write their name in the snow.
I am of the strong opinion that the male bladder empties best outside. Fortunately I live in the country and the dog and I agree on this issue.

I like to mark my territory around the edge of the mowed lawn  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 10:49:16 AM »
There was a Jack Nicholson movie, I think it was "About Schmidt" where he has an overbearing wife who makes him sit to pee so he doesn't miss.  After 40ish years of marriage, she drops dead.  First thing he does is pee all over the bathroom. 
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

zahc

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 11:30:26 AM »
Urinals are an improvement over toilets due to 1) water use, which can be zero 2) you don't have to drop your pants 3) faster transactions 4) you don't have to touch anything

4) could be a win for cleanliness, but I'm disappointed at current urinal designs for not preventing backsplash better.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 12:41:06 PM »
It's not like if they get rid of urinals, men are suddenly going to sit down to pee. ;/ How many of you have urinals in your houses?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

zahc

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 04:13:15 PM »
I have one in every bathroom.

Also known as a "shower".
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 04:55:41 PM »
But the seat would always stay down...

I can see reason behind this...

Muwahahahaha!!

(no, really, any man who sits to pee for any reason other them he wants to is just stupid. Too be honest, I'm jelous. Women usually have to go more often, yet we're the ones who have to sit. Nature is stupid)
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 05:42:13 PM »

You know, I may be off base here, but isn't there a religious group of some kind that advises its men to urinate sitting down?

I seem to remember a discussion of this (not here) a while back . . .

Hmm . . .

. . . so I entered a Google search with the terms "men sitting to urinate religious reasons" and got these:

http://turntoislam.com/community/threads/why-do-muslim-men-sit-to-pee.54301/
http://www.suhaibwebb.com/ummah/men/standing-and-urinating-in-islam/
http://www.truthandgrace.com/muslimrestrooms.htm

So is it even remotely possible that this is an influence vector?
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 05:47:24 PM »
Given the concept and location, I'm more inclined to think this is an increment toward gender neutering neutrality.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 05:53:01 PM »

(no, really, any man who sits to pee for any reason other them he wants to is just stupid. Too be honest, I'm jelous. Women usually have to go more often, yet we're the ones who have to sit. Nature is stupid)

Well, there was a time when it was the custom for women to do it standing. :D
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 07:11:50 PM »

I can see reason behind this...

Muwahahahaha!!

Don't forget the extra risk of pregnancy sitting on a shared toilet!    =D

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 07:45:27 PM »
You know, I may be off base here, but isn't there a religious group of some kind that advises its men to urinate sitting down?
So is it even remotely possible that this is an influence vector?

"Piss be upon him"   :rofl:
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 08:55:47 PM »

Why would that matter?  Guys would just take the smaller target as a challenge.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2013, 09:37:39 PM »
Why would that matter?  Guys would just take the smaller target as a challenge.   =D

Postal Match!
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2013, 10:27:22 PM »
Think of them as full-blown retards. Because they are. I hope they get booted from Riksdagen in the next election.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila