Author Topic: White House Down  (Read 5760 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: White House Down
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2013, 10:55:42 AM »
. . . All in all it's like disliking Star Trek because superluminal velocities violate known laws of physics.  It's a TV show.
Star Trek was meant to be science fiction, with a story set centuries in the future. So I found it easier to suspend disbelief at Warp 9 starships than it was to see Jack Bauer drive from one end of LA to the other and back in a matter of minutes during rush hour . . . and find convenient on-street parking at both ends.

Oh, and I think the inspiration for the sleazy white-guy president was Nixon, not Bush; he even looked a little like the former.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: White House Down
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2013, 12:22:26 PM »
Star Trek was meant to be science fiction, with a story set centuries in the future. So I found it easier to suspend disbelief at Warp 9 starships than it was to see Jack Bauer drive from one end of LA to the other and back in a matter of minutes during rush hour . . . and find convenient on-street parking at both ends.

It probably would be easier to engineer  a warp-drive starship than drive across L.A. during rush hour..... :rofl:

You're not the first to notice that.  Anyone who's had to navigate any large city would probably wonder how Bauer got where he was going there. 
BUT again it's ONLY a TV show ..... [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero