Author Topic: Connecticut gun maker moving to South Carolina  (Read 2045 times)

Waitone

• friend
Connecticut gun maker moving to South Carolina
« on: June 19, 2013, 07:13:38 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/19/connecticut-gun-maker-moving-to-south-carolina-in-wake-tighter-state-gun-laws/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Internal+-+Politics+-+Text%29

It will be interesting to see the incentives SC provided.  What is interesting to me is Horry county is a tourist destination (Myrtle Beach comes to mind) as opposed to an industrially oriented area such as the upstate.  My guess is a few of the principals have a serious golf addiction.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Connecticut gun maker moving to South Carolina
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 01:38:07 AM »
I suppose it was too much to hope the other Connecticut gun maker would be leaving...
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 05:23:18 AM »
My guess is a few of the principals have a serious golf addiction.
That and liking women in bikinis, I can see no other reason why they would go down there instead of the Upstate. Heck, even around Columbia would make more sense.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 07:59:54 AM »
That and liking women in bikinis, I can see no other reason why they would go down there instead of the Upstate. Heck, even around Columbia would make more sense.

I can. If they plan on trying to attract existing talent to their company, rather than just draw locally, the location would be a perk for moving.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 08:54:08 AM »
Never heard of them.  What do they make?

OK, I see.  Black scary not-AR rifles.  http://www.ptr91.com/products/
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 10:03:30 AM »
What's up with their plastic trigger group?

They list it on every model of rifle they have like it's a good thing.  Sounds like something I wouldn't want.

My Plum Crazy lower has a plastic trigger group.  Horrible in comparison to either my GI DPMS kit or my RRA service rifle competition kit.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 10:34:53 AM »
What's up with their plastic trigger group?

They list it on every model of rifle they have like it's a good thing.  Sounds like something I wouldn't want.

My Plum Crazy lower has a plastic trigger group.  Horrible in comparison to either my GI DPMS kit or my RRA service rifle competition kit.

On a G3 type rifle the term "trigger group" refers to the pistol grip and housing.  The Navy polymer is a one piece grip and housing (almost what would be a lower on an AR) that is preferred by some RDB folks. IIRC HK made it for either our navy or their GSG-9 as an upgrade to the MP5.

The "trigger pack" (sear, trigger, hammer, other parts) is still metal.  

ETA: I think the Navy groups are ambi as well.  Prolly why PTR used them.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 11:02:33 AM »
Ah, OK.  Gotcha.  Thanks.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 05:11:57 PM »
Latest rumor is a high percentage of CT employees are using the relo as an excuse to go over the wall.  When co's relo to a lower cost area wages and bennies are usually frozen for a period of time.  New hires come in at the lower competitive labor rates.  Everyone wins except for the taxpayer who has to pay the bribes.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 05:18:04 PM by Waitone »
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon