Author Topic: Rant: Running Shoes  (Read 2517 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Rant: Running Shoes
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2013, 12:33:35 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2013, 12:34:11 PM »
I'm guessing Ben wants something in a more subdued color than either bright white or neon vermilion.

Affirmative my friend.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2013, 01:01:30 PM »
Affirmative my friend.

Did you see my other link?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2013, 01:10:14 PM »
Did you see my other link?

Yes, but I only wore those shoes once. Back in 1984 when time displacement tech sent me back to 1984 for a mission. As you know, when temporal displacement takes place, only organic material can pass through, so I was inserted back into the timestream naked. I ended up having to avoid some cops, and while hiding from them in a department store (it was 0200) those were the only shoes I could grab (I was obviously in a hurry). They did go well with the trenchcoat that I also grabbed while in the store to hide the shotgun I took off a cop.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2013, 02:05:40 PM »
Yes, but I only wore those shoes once. Back in 1984 when time displacement tech sent me back to 1984 for a mission. As you know, when temporal displacement takes place, only organic material can pass through, so I was inserted back into the timestream naked. I ended up having to avoid some cops, and while hiding from them in a department store (it was 0200) those were the only shoes I could grab (I was obviously in a hurry). They did go well with the trenchcoat that I also grabbed while in the store to hide the shotgun I took off a cop.

I didn't need to read the highlighted part..... so I thought I would share with everybody.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2013, 02:08:18 PM »
I didn't need to read the highlighted part.....

It's OK.  He'll be back.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Re: Rant: Running Shoes
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2013, 02:14:47 PM »
Perhaps more people want more colorful shoes than plain old white ones? If that the demand, then the style is created to supply the demand.

Plain white or mostly white sneakers have been out of fashion for a few years now. I image the cod piece was met with some resistance when it became popular.
Not looking for plain white, I just don't want to look like I just kicked in a clowns face.

Sent via tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2013, 04:31:35 PM »
I just finished a mile and a half with the dog.  Heading to the gym now.

I just finished a couple mile run with the horse.  Heading back to work now.

:lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin