Author Topic: Couple discover 7,500 machine gun, shotgun & pistol bullets in their back yard  (Read 10074 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2350657/Couple-discover-7-500-machine-gun-shotgun-pistol-bullets-garden-weeding-pond.html

This reads like an Onion article but I believe it isn't one.

Couple moves into a rental home and are out back weeding and they discover some ammunition.

Who on here lost some bricks of ammo?  Who was recently over in England?  Fess up.

Now the pair are worried there may be more rounds of undiscovered ammunition in their home.
Mr Tipping said: 'It’s really unnerved us. I’m terrified that next time I’m mowing the lawn I’ll run over a bullet that hasn’t been found yet. One of us could be seriously hurt.
'We have friends with young children who could have put one of the bullets in their mouth, or one of our cats could have got hold of one - it doesn’t bear thinking about.
'We were planning to be in this house for years - now we want to move out as soon as we can.

You really have read the full article to get the appreciation of how  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm: it really is.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Gee, why can't that happen to me?   =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
What is a 2.2mm rifle round ???

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!

Really small.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
'We have friends with young children who could have put one of the bullets in their mouth, or one of our cats could have got hold of one - it doesn’t bear thinking about.

Our kids and cats have had plenty of opportunity.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
I... The stupid... The sheer ignorance... I can't...

WTF? Good grief! :facepalm: it's old WET ammunition, not a freeking A bomb!
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
If my cat had opposable thumbs, I would probably be dead by now. She could load the ammo herself.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
If my cat had opposable thumbs, I would probably be dead by now. She could load the ammo herself.

I wouldn't worry about the guns if Pharoh had thumbs. I'd be more concerned about all the edged weapons. Cats like an up close and personal kill.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

brimic

• friends
Mr Tipping is a foppish lad isn't he?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com

I think it's the tip of a tranquilizer dart. ;)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
It's made by the same company that makes the .9MM rounds I sometimes see mentioned in new stories.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
IIRC, they closed down a block or more of downtown London a few years back because someone saw a loose round of .22 LR laying on the sidewalk.
I promise not to duck.

CNYCacher

• friend
IIRC, they closed down a block or more of downtown London a few years back because someone saw a loose round of .22 LR laying on the sidewalk.

I remember that as well.  It was actually about 6 or 7 years ago, because I remember the job I was working when I read that article to my coworker.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Seriously, Al Queida could bring the entire UK to it's knees with a single Fed/Rem/CCI 550 bulk carton.  :facepalm:
I promise not to duck.

Pharmacology

• friends
Safe: Despite the thousands of bullets that were found, the police did not feel the need to evacuate the couple

I suppose they'll be quarantined and receive IV antibiotics for a few weeks, though.

cambeul41

• friend
What charges will be filed against the couple? Unlawful possession of explosives?
?It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.?
?Thomas Sowell

TechMan

• Administrator
What charges will be filed against the couple? Unlawful possession of explosives?

Probably.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
ONLY 7,500 rounds? Hell I got that in my bottom drawer alone! LOL How in the hell did you Brits go from the most power nation on early to a nation of panty-waist men who are affraid to touch a bullet? Wow....
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"I don't want to stay in a house where that kind of thing has been found in the garden. I'm gutted."

Indeed you are. I had no idea the Brits were so far gone that they called the fire department over some waterlogged cartridges, and the firefighters actually showed up.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TechMan

• Administrator
"I don't want to stay in a house where that kind of thing has been found in the garden. I'm gutted."

Indeed you are. I had no idea the Brits were so far gone that they called the fire department over some waterlogged cartridges, and the firefighters actually showed up.

That's because the underwater search unit was unavailable (seriously.)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
For me that be a happy skip down to Bass Pro, buy a turkey fryer and a cast iron pot and commence to repurposing all the projectiles.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

AZRedhawk44

• friends

I think the "2.2mm" rounds are actually .22LR rounds, and the brit journos and info sources forgot about the imperial measurement system and mislabeled the cartridges as metric.

They're rimmed.  Look to me like .22LR rounds.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
How long does the .22 LR have to be in the ground before they turn into machine gun bullets  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

AZRedhawk44

• friends
How long does the .22 LR have to be in the ground before they turn into machine gun bullets  ???

Until your culture's man card decays into frilly lace doilies, I think.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!