Author Topic: Couple discover 7,500 machine gun, shotgun & pistol bullets in their back yard  (Read 10073 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Wow, what would have happened if there had been actual gun in that pond?

I guess then the cat would have shot everyone, since they apparently assume the worst about the cat. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
I read the article, I wept.

For a nation of people who kept the Nazi's at bay, while enduring severe hardships, including the bombing of their cities, they have largely become a nation of, well, a nation of... (pick your word to insert here).

=(

bob

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
And most of the rounds look to be lead semi-wadcutter, so not exactly your Black Talon exploding rounds of death.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
I guess then the cat would have shot everyone, since they apparently assume the worst about the cat. 

Not necessarily a bad assumption.  The way the cat looks at me sometimes, I am happy that I am further up the food chain than her.  And I can use tools.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
I read the article, I wept.

For a nation of people who kept the Nazi's at bay, while enduring severe hardships, including the bombing of their cities, they have largely become a nation of, well, a nation of... (pick your word to insert here).

=(

bob

Gutted weenies?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
I used to have relatives that live in (f)GB.  I disowned them all after reading that.  I don't care that they may not actually share the viewpoint of those two       t%$#*waffles and 99.99% of the rest of the country - if the former relatives were worth being related to they would be going around with a ditching spade http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spear-Jackson-Grafting-Fibreglass-Shovel/dp/B0044TPTBS/ref=sr_1_38?s=outdoors&ie=UTF8&qid=1372707238&sr=1-38 banging people up side their heads for that and similar lack-of-thought.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Gutted weenies?

I believe they sell them in TESCO, next to the Spotted Dick.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

cordex

• Administrator
Seriously, Al Queida could bring the entire UK to it's knees with a single Fed/Rem/CCI 550 bulk carton.  :facepalm:
Or they could fund their operations for a year selling that same ammo in the US.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
It wouldn't be that surprising for two people to be hopeless bliss ninnies. When the government and media seem to share their point of view -  :O
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Regolith

• friend
Gutted weenies?

Literally. WWII did a pretty good number on their population - which had probably not fully recovered from WWI - and killed a LARGE number of men of military age, the population that was most likely to resist this claptrap and teach that resistance to their offspring.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Headline says 7,500, story indicates 2,300 or so. I'd guess that they were disposed when complete BS gun laws took hold and the former owner dumped them rather than turn them in and be charged or some such. I hope the owner is dead because I'm sure they will find them if not.

I wish I could show that brave british couple my closet. Brains asplodey.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
A far as I could tell, I thought they were all empties.

Maybe someone dumped them in the ponds to control algae?

I am disappointed in the attitude of fear so many of Great Britain's subjects have to anything related to firearms.  I wonder if that's happening in Australia as well.

Do you suppose that's the difference between subjects and citizens?

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 02:51:30 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
A far as I could tell, I thought they were all empties.

Maybe someone dumped them in the ponds to control algae?

I'm not sure why people are saying this. In the pictures I've seen, there are at least quite a few loaded .22 LRs. No empty casings that I've seen.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Headline says 7,500, story indicates 2,300 or so. I'd guess that they were disposed when complete BS gun laws took hold and the former owner dumped them rather than turn them in and be charged or some such. I hope the owner is dead because I'm sure they will find them if not.

I wish I could show that brave british couple my closet. Brains asplodey.

According to the story: 2200 were found in first pond and 5600 were found in the second pond.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

griz

• friend
I think he's right to be concerned that his cat might get hold of the ammo.  If a single cat had a few thousand live rounds, I think it could take over the whole country.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

MechAg94

• friend
Does anyone have the gif with the cat blasting away with his AK?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Does anyone have the gif with the cat blasting away with his AK?

Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.