Author Topic: Oh good god, the DUMB.  (Read 1782 times)

Phyphor

• friend
Oh good god, the DUMB.
« on: July 12, 2013, 03:41:57 PM »
Teen's death shows need for gun control

How sad. The grieving mother of a teenager shot dead Downtown says, “I never thought this day would come so soon.” Does that not imply that his demise by shooting would certainly come later?

How dreadful to have to feel that this was part of an every day experience. She expected it sometime, just not so soon! Something has to be done now to quell the rash of deaths by youths with guns. Does this not speak to gun control?

Jane S. Oaks

Indianapolis

From: http://www.indystar.com/article/20130712/OPINION10/307120009?fb_comment_id=fbc_1400093880203099_51757_1400342920178195&nclick_check=1

Now, the poor youth in question:

Police: Suspect, victim in July 4 shooting belonged to 'confirmed criminal street gangs'

The suspect and the victim in a July 4 Downtown shooting death were members of “confirmed criminal street gangs,” according to court documents, and argued with one another shortly before the incident took place.

Suspect Eron Bonner, 18, belonged to the “Grimmie Boyz,” according to a probable cause affidavit obtained today from the Marion County prosecutor’s office, as well as other gangs, including the East Side Gangsters.

“Grimmie Boyz is a confirmed criminal street gang,” the document states.

The 16-year-old victim, Monquize Edwards, was a member of the Homicide Goonz, detectives said in the affidavit. Members of a fourth gang, called Drop ‘em Squad, were also present at the time of the incident, police said.

Both Bonner and Edwards were Indianapolis residents.

More at: http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013307120024

Seriously? We need MOAR GUN CONTROL.  How about GANG CONTROL?  How about parents stop their damned kids from joining gangs and getting into crap like this?!?

Moms didn't expect it "so soon?" What in the actual *BLEEP?*
 :facepalm:
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Oh good god, the DUMB.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 03:40:12 PM »
Children of spawn-producers who are themselves the offspring of spawn-producers who were the offspring of spawn-producers have no contextual experience in the activities that are generally lumped under the heading of "parenting".

While SCOTUS may still frown on physical or permanent chemical sterilization, I am halfway convinced that SCOTUS would find an over-riding governmental concern that supports the passage of a law limiting certain portions of the population to one child which shall be whisked away at birth to be raised in places that as closely as possible replicate the Milton Hershey School as it operated from inception until approximately 1959.  http://www.mhs-pa.org/

Offspring of the current generation of spawn-producers shall be prohibited from reproducing.  Any person who feels aggrevied at the destruction of their genetic lineage shall be compensated in the amount of $10,000.00 in tokens and immediately turned loose in a warehouse full of heroin, cocaine, meth, and crystal salts dispensing machines.  Said facility to be swept clean of corpses twice a day.

Seriously, the current three generations of child-producing age (sexually mature pre-and teen-agers, young adults, and pre-menopausal females and all males) of certain portions of our population are beyond redemption, and the effort to habilitate their current offspring over the age of 6 months is beyond the capabilities of society and the economy.  Stick a spoke in the endless cycle and start over.

And for the record, the documented history of the former daughter qualifies both her and me for inclusion in this program.  Thank goodness I unleashed only one on society.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 03:53:11 PM »
Skid, why go through all that trouble?

Just leave trucks full of drugs and guns in strategic locations, drop a fence around the peremiter and give it 48 hours to sort itself out.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 09:28:32 AM »

Just leave trucks full of drugs and guns in strategic locations, drop a fence around the peremiter and give it 48 hours to sort itself out.

Only so I can avoid a charge of being thoughtless.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 09:32:17 AM »

Because then Kurt Russell would get a chance to star in another horrid movie.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 08:46:11 PM »
Because then Kurt Russell would get a chance to star in another horrid movie.

=D
I love those movies
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 04:57:33 PM »
Children of spawn-producers who are themselves the offspring of spawn-producers who were the offspring of spawn-producers have no contextual experience in the activities that are generally lumped under the heading of "parenting".

While SCOTUS may still frown on physical or permanent chemical sterilization, I am halfway convinced that SCOTUS would find an over-riding governmental concern that supports the passage of a law limiting certain portions of the population to one child which shall be whisked away at birth to be raised in places that as closely as possible replicate the Milton Hershey School as it operated from inception until approximately 1959.  http://www.mhs-pa.org/

Offspring of the current generation of spawn-producers shall be prohibited from reproducing.  Any person who feels aggrevied at the destruction of their genetic lineage shall be compensated in the amount of $10,000.00 in tokens and immediately turned loose in a warehouse full of heroin, cocaine, meth, and crystal salts dispensing machines.  Said facility to be swept clean of corpses twice a day.

Seriously, the current three generations of child-producing age (sexually mature pre-and teen-agers, young adults, and pre-menopausal females and all males) of certain portions of our population are beyond redemption, and the effort to habilitate their current offspring over the age of 6 months is beyond the capabilities of society and the economy.  Stick a spoke in the endless cycle and start over.

And for the record, the documented history of the former daughter qualifies both her and me for inclusion in this program.  Thank goodness I unleashed only one on society.

stay safe.

Any government that would do such a thing would deserve to be overthrown in short order.

But I would say that offering no-cost sterilization for qualified individuals, on a VERY clear voluntary basis, would be a good idea. I'm probably one of the few libertarians that supports birth control being handed out like candy, even on the public dime. Pennies now saves hundreds of dollars later.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 06:40:47 PM »
Any government that would do such a thing would deserve to be overthrown in short order.

But I would say that offering no-cost sterilization for qualified individuals, on a VERY clear voluntary basis, would be a good idea. I'm probably one of the few libertarians that supports birth control being handed out like candy, even on the public dime. Pennies now saves hundreds of dollars later.

It already is. There's a free STD clinic in a building I work at, and they have big old bowls full of free condoms. The sort of folks who need to use BC the most are the sort who are too stupid and lazy to use it when it's free, sadly.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 06:48:09 PM »
It already is. There's a free STD clinic in a building I work at, and they have big old bowls full of free condoms. The sort of folks who need to use BC the most are the sort who are too stupid and lazy to use it when it's free, sadly.

Has anyone informed Sandra Fluke about these bowls of condoms?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife