Author Topic: Someone stole my gloves  (Read 1409 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Someone stole my gloves
« on: July 15, 2013, 02:19:28 PM »
I normally stuff my gloves into my helmet and take it all with me when I park my bike, but last week I had a bunch of other stuff to bring with me so I just left my gloves sitting on top of the saddlebags. This was in the parking structure that serves a police dept, court, senior center, and other .gov buildings for one of the most affluent communities in WA. When I came back a few hours later they were gone. :( Just and old beat up pair of gloves, but they were full gauntlets with additional armor and kangaroo palms. I got them from a local company that is out of business now afaik and any comparable product is well north of $100 even on sale. Sucks. I hate thieves.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 02:23:21 PM by Balog »
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

HankB

• friend
Re: Someone stole my gloves
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 03:10:07 PM »
Sorry you were ripped off, but let's review:

. . . This was in the parking structure that serves a police dept, court, senior center, and other .gov buildings . . .
So it's in a bad area - as wretched a hive of scum and villany as any place you can imagine - and you left your gloves unattended in the open?

What did you expect?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 03:25:59 PM »
These people derive their income from theft at gunpoint.

What makes you think they'll avoid the temptation of theft without using coercive force?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 04:19:33 PM »
That sucks, but things could be far worse.

In the late 90's, I'd stopped at a scenic overlook in the Grand Tetons national park in Utah. I parked my bike, and went down to the river to take photos. When I came back, I found my bike on its side. Someone had been sitting on it, put up the side stand, and then dropped it.

The tank was dented, the primary cover was dented, a mirror was broken, rear turn signal broken off, and a few other things. Total damage was close to $1000 just in parts.

Not criminal, but certainly stupid.

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 04:25:11 PM »
Sorry to hear that.  It's every bit as likely that an Upstanding Citizen there for private business decided he could use a set of gloves.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 10:21:59 PM »
I'd stopped at a scenic overlook in the Grand Tetons national park in Utah.

You mean Wyoming? That sucks. Could have been criminal, depending on their intent. But probably just garden variety idiocy and no sense of responsibility to own up to their actions.

When I had a motorcycle, I used to leave my gloves in my helmet, which was locked to the bike. Fortunately I didn't have any issues with anyone plucking them out of the helmet, though the possibility was certainly there.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 10:45:51 PM »
Some people will steal any damn thing given the opportunity.  I once had a basket of dirty underwear stolen from a barracks laundry room while I was waiting for a washer to become available.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 10:49:43 PM »
Some people will steal any damn thing given the opportunity.  I once had a basket of dirty underwear stolen from a barracks laundry room while I was waiting for a washer to become available.

When we were underway one of the guys in my berthing had his dirty briefs stolen out of his laundry bag.

I hate thieves. God help them if one tries to steal from my and I find out. :mad:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 11:04:45 AM »
These people derive their income from theft at gunpoint.

What makes you think they'll avoid the temptation of theft without using coercive force?

Yep.  Most .gov employees go door to door with a gun and rob tax people.
 :facepalm:

Don't hurt yourself, dude, next time you're stretching that far.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 11:05:55 AM »
Just the other day I was going door to door in MI taking money with a gun.

*expletive deleted*it was so cash, brah.

;-)

Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 11:14:35 AM »
[smartass] Yea, not the best idea since you were parked in a structure that services a court house. [/smartass]  You know not the most upstanding citizens are going to and fro the parking area (no offense Chris, Ned, et all.)  We have a blind guy that owns/runs a deli inside the court house building and ~ every six months or so you will see an article in the newspaper that somebody tried to steal from the guy.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 11:15:42 AM »
Just the other day I was going door to door in MI taking money with a gun.

*expletive deleted* was so cash, brah.

;-)

So this is what Stetson is doing on a daily basis...
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 04:03:18 PM »
Yeah, as much as I talk about the endemic corruption of the police forces in America I don't think it was a cop. Don't think it was someone for the court either, they have their own parking lot and this would be more of an overflow for them. The senior center is what uses this structure the most. It's just baffling, not that someone would steal but that someone would see a beat up, grimy and stained old pair of gloves and think "That's totally something I want enough to steal!"
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2013, 08:19:50 AM »
maybe they were just cleaning up the trash?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 11:01:48 AM »
So this is what Stetson is doing on a daily basis...

I picture Fitz and Stetson to be like Cartman and Butters on Southpark
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 06:13:30 PM »
That sucks, but things could be far worse.

In the late 90's, I'd stopped at a scenic overlook in the Grand Tetons national park in Utah. I parked my bike, and went down to the river to take photos. When I came back, I found my bike on its side. Someone had been sitting on it, put up the side stand, and then dropped it.

The tank was dented, the primary cover was dented, a mirror was broken, rear turn signal broken off, and a few other things. Total damage was close to $1000 just in parts.

Not criminal, but certainly stupid.

If it was a cheap, throw away japper it would be one thing, but a Harley?  I'd be looking to kill somebody!   [popcorn]

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2013, 08:41:02 PM »
Came out of a little grocery store one evening to find 2 teenage kids from the store front church next to the grocery store sitting on my bike.
Being only 1 year since the Navy I was still a little high strung and kind of lit into them. I suspect I expanded their vocabulary considerably. The girl on the back seat was crying before I was done. One of the "adults" came out and threatened to call the cops I said please do, I want to file a compliant. They all went back inside till I left.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 08:57:49 PM »
Back in 19992 or 2000 I had a Honda CB900.  The day I remounted the tank and fenders after painting them I parked in the lot at a Fred Meyers. I remember the truck I parked next to had a pile of stuff in the bed, covered by a blue tarp that was held down by cinderblocks.  When I came out the truck was gone, my tank was dented and there were bits of concrete stuck in the paint on the tank.  My head just about exploded!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 09:48:40 PM »
I picture Fitz and Stetson to be like Cartman and Butters on Southpark

More like Harry and Lloyd from dumb and dumber
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog