Author Topic: Buy George a new gun?  (Read 4696 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Buy George a new gun?
« on: July 19, 2013, 03:03:29 PM »
What do you think? Is this group legit?

https://guardamerican.com/index.php/blog/151-personal-self-defense/950-lets-buy-george-a-new-gun

Personally, I doubt Z is going anywhere without a gun, or three. I'm sure he's managed to get one, by now. Still, since the Feds are being ig'nant, and keeping him from getting his gun back, I'd consider kicking in to get him a back-up, or a spare, or whatever he needs.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• friend
Re: Buy George a new gun?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 03:24:11 PM »

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 06:11:19 PM »
Wouldn't doubt it.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lee n. field

• friend

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 06:19:06 PM »
A PF9.  Cheap publicity.

Isn't the PF9 what he had to begin with?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 07:37:42 PM »
Isn't the PF9 what he had to begin with?

Yup. They said they would give him one of those, or "another weapon suitable for concealed carry."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 07:41:06 PM »
GZ will need a Class 3 arsenal to deal with all the threats against his life...
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 07:50:05 PM »
Brad Thor (helluva name, huh?), a noted author has tweeted that he'll give GZ the roscoe of his choice, and a supply of ammo for same.  Drift the thread...  If somedood offered you the CCW of your choice and basically limitless ammo, what would you take?  I'm thinking some sort of uber-1911 in .45, just to get the most commercial value.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 12:56:30 AM »
Brad Thor (helluva name, huh?), a noted author has tweeted that he'll give GZ the roscoe of his choice, and a supply of ammo for same.  Drift the thread...  If somedood offered you the CCW of your choice and basically limitless ammo, what would you take?  I'm thinking some sort of uber-1911 in .45, just to get the most commercial value.

Pretty much. Also, because it would be the most awesomes.  :cool:

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2013, 07:26:27 AM »
Zimmerman is a marked man.  The president himself has pretty much offered him up for sacrifice.  Nothing George Z can 'pack', will save him from the assassin's bullet now.

Maybe going into the Witness Protection Program would help, but then that IS run by holder's DOJ, right?   With the propensity for 'leaks' this administration has, Zimmerman's new ID would be public knowledge in hours.  Holder's friends over at the New Black Panthers would be on Z like stink on, well, you know.   :O

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 07:35:04 AM »
If somedood offered you the CCW of your choice and basically limitless ammo, what would you take?  I'm thinking some sort of uber-1911 in .45, just to get the most commercial value.

So you would sell it and buy something else?

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 11:22:11 AM »

I think by "commercial value," he meant that you'd ask for the most expensive gun on your wish list. Not because you want to sell it, but because you'd have a hard time paying for it yourself. That, and the price of ammo.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2013, 05:14:38 PM »
Yes, unless stipulated I had to actually tote it.  I've got a fair number (chuckle) of handguns, but my choice for CCW has been a j-frame in a pocket and/or a Glock 9mm in a strong side holster. <ticks off on fingers> I think that comes to 8 Glocks aaaaand... uh... 6 J-frames, including my wife's purse guns, but not including the 3-inch full-lug M60 w/adj sights or the .22 Kit Gun.  In all honesty, though, I've stashed about half the Glocks with other family members.  In a moment of weakness and high BAC, I sold a co-worker a Colt LWC, which is about the only other CCW auto I'd consider.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2013, 05:33:39 PM »

ten-ish years ago I had something a buddy wanted.  He wanted to trade a gun for it.  He had a S&W model 13, 3" barrel, round butt.  I picked it up, and fell in love with it.  It would be perfect.

Alas, the gun had a sprung crane.   =(

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2013, 05:44:38 PM »
Any CCW of my choice and limitless ammo?

I'd push the luck and limits of such generosity and make an argument for two guns.  In Z's shoes, I'd be carrying both, every day, for the next decade.

#1 would be a strong-side carry.  Double-stack for a strong grip to minimize recoil.  9mm for capacity.  XD9sc just feels freakin' awesome with the 13rd mags and replacement floorplate where the frontstrap is extended but the backstrap stays OEM short.  Glock 26 would also be good, or CZ-75 RAMI possibly though I'd rather go polymer for weight and sweat protection.

#2 would be weak-side carry.  Single-stack for maximum concealment.  Pocket carry possibly, or IWB on the weak side, maybe ankle, or even something more tailored for concealment such as thunderwear or similar layered undergarment approach to concealment.  Though I'd still want it immediately accessible if I'm in a hand to hand situation and my strong hand is busy doing something like holding off a weapon-wielding assailant or something like that.  Maybe PF-9 again, but maybe even smaller.  Not a revolver.  Too much cylinder width.  I'd go with a 2-shot derringer before a revolver (though those are heavy).  Gotta be thin, lightweight, have a good fast draw that comes naturally to grip.  Owning a PF-9, I've found it to be too thin and difficult to get to come naturally to grip.  The XDs-45 is much faster and more natural in that regard, and practically the exact same dimensions as the PF-9.  I don't have any experience with anything smaller than 9x18 in semiauto (PA-63, not something I'd choose for this role over my XDs or PF-9), but I'd shop heavily in the .32 and .380 market for something that has second-strike capability in a DA trigger that fit my size and grip dynamics requirements.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Levant

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013, 10:50:00 PM »
Zimmerman, along with the whole world, has been notified that he is the target of a felony investigation.  He's a prohibited person.  All those who think prohibited persons are a good idea, here's how anything the government can do can be politicized and people lose their rights. 
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013, 10:58:24 PM »
He's still in Florida?!?!?! :O  I would have lit out of that state as soon as I was cleared from trial, I wouldn't have stopped until my wheels hit Idaho or some other equally .gov unfriendly state and to heck what anyone thought about me.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2013, 11:47:16 PM »
Zimmerman, along with the whole world, has been notified that he is the target of a felony investigation.  He's a prohibited person.  All those who think prohibited persons are a good idea, here's how anything the government can do can be politicized and people lose their rights. 

I thought you had to be indicted? Indicted is not the same as being the target of a witch hunt investigation.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2013, 12:17:38 AM »

Ummm, no.  He was found not guilty in state court of felony charges.  He has yet to be charged by the feds for Civil rights violations.   So he is not a prohibited person. 

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2013, 09:12:45 AM »
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/how-to/identify-prohibited-persons.html

The Gun Control Act (GCA) makes it unlawful for certain categories of persons to ship, transport, receive, or possess firearms. 18 USC 922(g). Transfers of firearms to any such prohibited persons are also unlawful. 18 USC 922(d).

These categories include any person:

Under indictment or information in any court for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
convicted of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
who is a fugitive from justice;
who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance;
who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;
who is an illegal alien;
who has been discharged from the military under dishonorable conditions;
who has renounced his or her United States citizenship;
who is subject to a court order restraining the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of the intimate partner; or
who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence (enacted by the Omnibus Consolidated Appropriations Act of 1997, Pub. L. No. 104-208, effective September 30, 1996). 18 USC 922(g) and (n).

What does "information" mean in the bold part above?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2013, 01:08:33 PM »
even more thread drift, I bet if "GZ's gun" went up for auction it could go for a tidy sum.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2013, 05:41:29 PM »
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/how-to/identify-prohibited-persons.html

The Gun Control Act (GCA) makes it unlawful for certain categories of persons to ship, transport, receive, or possess firearms. 18 USC 922(g). Transfers of firearms to any such prohibited persons are also unlawful. 18 USC 922(d).

These categories include any person:

Under indictment or information in any court for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
convicted of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
who is a fugitive from justice;
who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance;
who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;
who is an illegal alien;
who has been discharged from the military under dishonorable conditions;
who has renounced his or her United States citizenship;
who is subject to a court order restraining the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of the intimate partner; or
who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence (enacted by the Omnibus Consolidated Appropriations Act of 1997, Pub. L. No. 104-208, effective September 30, 1996). 18 USC 922(g) and (n).

There is no information in any court.  The DOJ is re-looking at the Febbie's investigation to see if there's enough for a show trial, err lynch mob, civil rights violation.   They have asked the state to retain the evidence from the criminal trial.   But so far there has been nothing come down from the Feds.  (Other then Holder and Obama fanning the flames.)

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2013, 08:12:51 PM »

According to Wikipedia, it's a "formal criminal charge made by a prosecutor, without the necessity of obtaining a grand jury indictment."

So, basically what the prosecutor did in the original case against Zimmerman.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2013, 08:40:22 PM »

How is he prohibited? He may be a target of an investigation, but he is not under indictment so there's nothing to (legally) trigger a prohibition.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design