Author Topic: Karma - she is a female dog, she is.  (Read 1345 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Karma - she is a female dog, she is.
« on: July 19, 2013, 06:20:12 PM »
HA!  HA!

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/07/18/heckler-koch-germany-dire-financial-straits/

Germany newspaper Die Welt reports that Heckler & Koch (Germany) have more debts than they have assets and they have been unable to cover the cost of interest payments on their debts. Their debts are 7.2 million euroes greater than their assets.

Does anybody remember  http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2007/10/09/hk-because-you-suck-and-we-hate-you/  ?

(OK, the rest of tje article indicates the financial problems may not effect US sales.  =(

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Karma - she is a female dog, she is.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 07:20:35 PM »
An excellent comment from Jon R. on the blog:

If H&K were run by real operators, they would have invaded the Czech Republic, Poland, France, Belgium, and the Netherlands and spent the spoils on Polish vodka, Dutch prostitutes, Belgian beer, and rebuilding their company so they can sell MR556A1's to over weight American mall ninjas for less than then the ridiculous MSRP of $3,300, when you can buy a SIG 516, which is basically the same rifle, for half that.

Because you suck H&K, and we hate you.

Polish vodka, Dutch prostitutes and Belgian beer does not sound so bad.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 07:26:06 PM »
Where's the "Ma Haw!" Picture?

Chickens come home to roost at HK. Couldn't happen to nicer, more deserving people.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 08:04:27 PM »
Is the US portion run as a separate company?

HK supplies handguns to ICE, FFDOs, and other agencies. Those first two probably are worth 20,000 pistols.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 10:30:38 PM »
I love my uspc 9mm, great gun. And I am a die hard sig guy.
As far as combat Tupperware goes I prefer it to a glock. It is my carry gun when I'm in a free state.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 11:45:50 PM »
HK GmbH-spricht9(ACHGHTUNG) or whatever the German side across the pond is called, (Brit Aerospace, or did they sell it back?) could probably be solvent within a year, if they just made semi auto non-NFA versions of everything they've produced since 1960, and new P7's that, I dunno, used CNC machining instead of hand-fitting, and just sold it at 50% of their ridiculous markups, cause people would buy it all up.

I do like my USP's. Although I got my .40 for $600, only $100 more than what Glocks were going for at the height of the '94 AWB, and my second USP 9 I got last year, only because I traded a guy on a local WI gun board a Glock 19 I'd gotten for "free" in my gun club's raffle...

I love them, but I sure don't $900-1000 love them.

I did have an HK94A3. It was nice, but I sold it in '97 for $3200, and got a Keltec Sub9 that did the same thing, namely look cool, get looks at the range, and squirt 9mm's for 1/6th the price, got a ban-era Colt AR that was the same size/weight/length as the HK94, and shot vastly superior 5.56, and I still had $2000 left over... I guess he was desperate for some better conceal-ability. (shrug)
I promise not to duck.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 10:19:53 AM »
My first experience with H&K was with a buddy's HK4, a cheap knock-off of the classic Mauser HSc made out of stampings, tack welded together.

The stamped frame broke.

H&K's current pistols seem to work very well, but they seem "bulky" to me. Their rifles carry price tags inconsistent with their design, performance, and workmanship. In fact, the ONLY H&K firearm I'd like to get is an MP5SD - but considering the insanely inflated prices its NFA classification commands, that's not going to happen. 

Then there was their mulish stubbornness about even offering their piston uppers to US shooters, delaying introduction for YEARS.  :facepalm:

And let's not forget their "Because you suck and we hate you" attitude, already mentioned above.

I shed no tears for them, their problems are of their own making.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 03:39:49 PM »
I've had exactly 2 HKs: Spoon's first pistol (USP40C), and the P7 currently in my carry rotation

The USP got traded for a Kimber after a couple years: she had trouble shooting it decently. The P7, I've got no complaints about.

Do I think they're worth the premium price the carry? No way in hell
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 07:53:30 PM »

I've played with the "NFA" H&K products. I wasn't impressed.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 08:41:54 PM »
I've played with the "NFA" H&K products. I wasn't impressed.
I have not.  Howsumever, I spoke with a guy (LEO) as I was buying his CX-4 Storm, and after money changed hands, that but for the giggle switch, he preferred the storm to the MP-5.  For whatever that's worth.  I had an HK-91 for a year or so, prior to the skyrocketing ( the FIRST time) price.  Not a bad bit of kit, horrible trigger, slung brass everywhere, heavy as guilt.  Had a P7 (PSP) and i just couldn't shoot it worth a damn with the clock ticking.  Really, really neat ambi design, sure wish I didn't suck with it.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 01:46:46 AM »
I've gotten to play with both the MP5 and the UMP(?). The older gun was MUCH better (I thought, as did Spoon).

I think they just let their image go to their heads

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 01:54:29 AM »
H&K, the Harley Davidson of the gun world.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 06:36:56 PM »
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I never thought of it that way... but SO accurate