Author Topic: Any way to clean up a holster?  (Read 4473 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Any way to clean up a holster?
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2013, 07:18:19 PM »
my black holster for my daily carry has left its mark on a lot of pants, but its all behind the holster so open or concealed no one see's it any way.

but yeah, if I ever have money again I'm buying natural brown because it looks better and I've been wearing brown work pants, or rather was wearing brown work pants- all my clothes are in storage because I'm wandering and I also lost 30 pounds and need a complete new wardrobe
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2013, 09:58:21 PM »
My jeans get worn thin along the side seam from my holster rubbing on it.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2013, 06:08:54 PM »
My jeans get worn thin along the side seam from my holster rubbing on it.
I have several pairs of jeans that have a hole thru area over the right front pocket, right over where the front sight is on a J-frame.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2013, 06:23:05 PM »
I have several pairs of jeans that have a hole thru area over the right front pocket, right over where the front sight is on a J-frame.

That's what my Leatherman Supertool used to do. I took it as a sign that Leatherman Supertools don't belong in front pockets. YMMV
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2013, 11:40:58 PM »
Well, I think the answer is dependent on several variables.
Not all leathers, dyes, and finishes are equal.

But, I'm no expert.  I've used saddle soap very carefully in the past.  It does take off a bit of dye.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2013, 01:10:16 AM »
The dye is in too deep, and has been there for too long. Saddle soap doesn't help.

I'll just live with the holster as is. If I decide I need something for dress occasions when I'm going to be carrying openly, I'll get a new one. Maybe even spring for a beautiful Mitch Rosen shoulder rig.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2013, 09:43:05 AM »
Okay - I'm trying to figure out why one would choose a shoulder rig for open carry  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2013, 11:01:20 AM »
Okay - I'm trying to figure out why one would choose a shoulder rig for open carry 

It's a - - I said it's a joke, son. (Nice boy, but about as sharp as a sack of wet mice).