Author Topic: "No Terrrorist Involvement/Threat"  (Read 1354 times)

bratch

• friend
"No Terrrorist Involvement/Threat"
« on: August 16, 2006, 06:17:54 PM »
Reading the news every morning on FOX or CNN I've started noticing this little gem "There was no terrorist involvement/threat".  It was in EVERY story about the missing Egyptian students along with just about any other story about planes, trains or automobiles.  What do you guys think about the catch phrase? Can it compete with "Its for the children"?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 07:41:21 PM »
Good observation.  Why, it is for the children afterall.  Isn't it?....
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 05:25:31 AM »
Maybe it's my doubting, cynical nature, but it's less credible for Egyptians than for the arrest of the woman who raised a ruckus on a flight from England to the US.

I guess it's any unequivocal, "There's no terrorism involved," as opposed to, "At this time, we do not suspect any terrorism."

Any time Gobbermint sez something as a categorical statement, I tend to assume the opposite.

My batting average, there, would be the envy of any who've ever played baseball--by better than double. Smiley

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 07:07:20 AM »
And see, I see it cynically from another standpoint:  The current administration has only benefitted from scaring the bejesus out of the sheeple.  Therefore, it would be in thier best interest anytime they can jack us up to Re-election condition Orange, or whatnot.  So, I'm not as skeptical when they say that these Egyptians pose no serious threat....or when some dumb wench loses it on a flight.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 08:50:38 AM »
Today, with all this Ramsey stuff dominating the news, I fully expect some form of terroist attack, arrest, or announcement in an attempt by the administration to grab the headlines and keep it in the forefront of the sheeples thoughts....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 09:11:16 AM »
Quote from: JamisJockey
Today, with all this Ramsey stuff dominating the news, I fully expect some form of terroist attack, arrest, or announcement in an attempt by the administration to grab the headlines and keep it in the forefront of the sheeples thoughts....
I hate to say it, but I wouldn't be surprised.