Author Topic: There is no limit to the powers of bacon  (Read 461 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
There is no limit to the powers of bacon
« on: July 28, 2013, 07:52:59 AM »
New news on a subject we have pretty much agreed to let sink to the back pages - so I'm just concentrating on the bacon bits.  (link provided just top prove I'm not making this stuff up.)

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/bodyhorrors/2013/07/22/screwworm-myiasis/#.UfLdHVOhUeN (icky pictures, do not look)

“During her hospital stay, [icky parts deleted], aided by the application of raw bacon which served as an attractant and petroleum jelly occlusion.”

The power of bacon - it is awesome!

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: There is no limit to the powers of bacon
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 10:06:56 AM »
or to avoid suffocation by meat, a most ignoble death.

I beg to differ. Suffocating via bacon is noble indeed.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 02:35:04 PM »
Suffocating via bacon is noble indeed

A real man could eat his way out.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 04:48:32 PM »
Trying to decide what the beggin' strips commercial would sound like in a screwworm voice.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.