Author Topic: Ross township PA town council meeting gets shot up.  (Read 2078 times)

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Ross township PA town council meeting gets shot up.
« on: August 05, 2013, 10:43:32 PM »
Here is the link, horrible reporting at best. But none the less.
Want to bet there is some sort of zoning dispute behind this?

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2013/08/2_people_dead_in_shooting_a_town_council_meeting_in_pa_report_says.html#incart_river
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

freakazoid

• friend
Re: Ross township PA town council meeting gets shot up.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 10:56:52 PM »
Wonder what kind of pistol he used to shoot through a wall with, and had a scope mounted on it. Maybe some type of revolver? And it really isn't clear on if Bernie Kozen had his own gun or if he used the shooters own gun on him. ??? Graaaa, details!
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 12:50:50 AM »

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 05:15:13 AM »
Stopped by ordinary citizen, no high body count of kids, no aggrieved minorities. This goes nowhere in the news.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 08:43:41 AM »
http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130806/NEWS/30806031

From the article:

The man identified by witnesses and police as the gunman — Rockne Newell — has had a long-running feud with the township.

He got a building permit from the township to have a storage structure on the property, but then built a dwelling without first getting a zoning permit or certificate of occupancy from the township.

Over the years, authorities have responded to Newell's property as a result of neighbor complaints and on one occasion in 2009 found human fecal matter in buckets there, according to previous reports in the Pocono Record. The township determined he was improperly disposing of sewage with no septic system or permit for one.

In a previous article, Newell said he couldn't afford septic hookup fees.

"If I lose this property, I have nowhere else to go," Newell told the Pocono Record in June. "What they're doing to me, what they've been doing to me for so long, it's wrong."

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 11:16:06 AM »
A man with nothing left to lose...
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 12:50:30 PM »

I reserve judgment until all the facts are in.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 01:38:05 PM »
I've just heard that the nutjob's Facebook was full of left-wing-ness. Can anyone confirm?

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 06:31:19 PM »
I've just heard that the nutjob's Facebook was full of left-wing-ness. Can anyone confirm?

I think i found his page . 

https://www.facebook.com/rockne1865

He's confusing ......... =|

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 06:46:11 PM »
I found his page, too, but I can't see it. What's there?

According to what I've been able to dig up, he supports the second amendment, hates religion, voted for Obama, and is quite the little leftist.

http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2013/08/06/rockne-newell-facebook-page-obama-voter-anti-fracking-anti-christian-leftist/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rockne-newell-facebook-page-obama-voter-anti-fracking-anti-christian-leftist

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 06:54:23 PM »
If you do a bing image search on his name, you will find pics of him, but more telling, pics of his property. I would have been telling him to clean it up, which is what the township may have been doing.

bob

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 04:24:23 PM »
Wonder what kind of pistol he used to shoot through a wall with, and had a scope mounted on it. Maybe some type of revolver?  . . .
Newspaper article today said he had a .44 Magnum; also that he used a Mini-14 to "blast a barrage of gunfire through a wall."

During arraignment, a judge asked him if he owned any real estate . . . he replied "They stole it from me. That's what started all this." I gather it's some kind of zoning dispute, but I've no idea what "the rest of the story" is.

Story said he's 59 . . . from his picture in the paper, I would have guessed at least 10, maybe 15 years older.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 01:12:25 AM »

So that's why that story disappeared so quickly. Other than supporting RKBA, he was an Obama-voting, lefty moon-bat. And two weeks later, no one knows his name. Hmmmm.

https://www.facebook.com/rockne1865?fref=ts

I voted for Obama & I find these actions of his administration Unacceptable! I call Obama to do what he promised I call upon him to close Gitmo To end all Federal marijuana prosecutions to Pardon Bradley Manning & Release him immediately! To stop all prosecutions of whistleblowers!

there is no one dumber then those that listen to Rush Limpbrain or Cuckoo for Coco Puffs Beck, and believe!

I stand for the Second Amendment, you can have your sheep herders God! most of the Bombings of civilian's in the 20-21 century have been over God! he who can Murder more people in the name of their God wins! if there was a God do you think he, she, it would stand for it? after all a God could do his own killings! the only other explanation is your God is as insane as some of his followers! so if you pray, pray its the former rather then the latter! I stand for the Second Amendment, you can have your sheep herders God! most of the Bombings of civilian's in the 20-21 century have been over God! he who can Murder more people in the name of their God wins! if there was a God do you think he, she, it would stand for it? after all a God could do his own killings! the only other explanation is your God is as insane as some of his followers! so if you pray, pray its the former rather then the latter!
Unions
February 25, 2011 at 1:05am

This is how it worked before unions & will again without unions, in the government The Democrats get elected they fire all the Republicans, the Republicans get elected they fire all the Democrats if you didn't kickback a part of your check to the party boss you got fired, if you didn't do free work at the party boss's house's on government time you got fired, do you really want to go back to that. I know someone that got fired because he bought a car with leftist bumper stickers on it off a college professor to fix up and sell and got fired because he drove it to work, the union got his job back and everybody put the bumper stickers on their cars in protest plus all over the factory. LOL courts have upheld firing people for having bumper stickers the boss doesn’t like! When I hear that I think go unions! People in America get fired because the boss doesn’t like their religion workers need protection from the likes of Sara Palin e. al. everybody needs a union if you’re a good boss you don’t need to fear a union!

Here, here!
February 20, 2011 at 4:13pm

This says it so well I can't improve it so!

Hear, hear!

TryCommonSense-2821193

This whole scenario is appalling. There was NO budget deficit problem until the Republican President and Congress gave huge tax cuts to their wealthy Masters and started an unnecessary war to benefit the defense industry at taxpayer expense. When Clinton left office there was a surplus. That's a fact. Now the Republicans continue to try to insist on paying for their tax breaks for the wealthy by attempting to eliminate the Unions and by slashing programs to feed, shelter, and provide care to the poor and disabled. I applaud the Democrats use of any tactic necessary to prevent these from happening. Nothing they do can be worse than the Republicans' attempts to let old people die by eliminating Medicare and Social Security. Let Grandma and Grandpa die in poverty to protect Corporate profits and billionaires from paying their fair share of taxes? Oh, and while we’re at it, let’s sneak in some provisions that allow business to continue to pollute our air and water and leave taxpayers the cost of cleaning it up when we start to lose the ability to breathe! Good job guys!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 02:39:57 PM »
And once again it's a raving leftie that goes on a shooting spree, yet the Media paints those of us on the right as the "Gun totin' child killers."

;/ ;/ ;/
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:21:15 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 04:12:29 PM »
Well, you see, Tim McVeigh was a GOP precinct boss, a Southern Baptist, and he founded the Appleseed Project and the Tea Party. So all y'all's crazy.