Author Topic: Missouri State Fair and Klan rally.  (Read 9527 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Missouri State Fair and Klan rally.
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2013, 07:22:14 PM »
Do you feel that the Bushitler protestors hanging Dubya in effigy were appropriate and a good representation of WA?

Also, "not appropriate or a good representation" isn't the same thing as racist now is it?

I think that all parties of whatever political persuasion should pay proper respect to the office of the POTUS.  Not necessarily the person, but the office.  As I am sure all the veterans here were taught, you salute the position, not the person.  And I am equally as dismayed by people hanging President Bush in effigy.  And such people certainly don't represent me.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2013, 07:32:03 PM »
As I am sure all the veterans here were taught, you salute the position, not the person. 

That's because military personnel are pretty much required to respect the office, the President being the CinC and all.  The rest of us are under no such restrictions.

It is right and good that the President, no matter who it is, be mocked, taunted, and insulted. It reminds him of his place as a public servant, and not a King. Lese majeste has no place in a free society.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2013, 07:41:55 PM »
I think that all parties of whatever political persuasion should pay proper respect to the office of the POTUS.  Not necessarily the person, but the office.  As I am sure all the veterans here were taught, you salute the position, not the person.  And I am equally as dismayed by people hanging President Bush in effigy.  And such people certainly don't represent me.
Politics has been crass and dirty and in the gutter since the founding of this country.  Any illusion you have to the contrary is just an illusion, sort of like the old days of of an honorable media.  I think you should be careful trying to use your standard of behavior to justify these kinds of BS racial standards.  People make fun of white people in a racial or physical context all the time and no one bats an eye.  
Messing with the lips?   I didn't see it, but I'll bet it wasn't what people are claiming.  

Trampled by a bull?  That is only racist in AlSharpton's fantasy land.  Bringing up the past murder in Texas where 2 of the 3 murderers were executed is just foolish.  There were no cattle involved in that incident.  I expect stuff like that from people who see racism everywhere, not from normal people.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2013, 07:42:55 PM »
Lese majeste has no place in a free society.

Well, it has an exalted place, rather than being outlawed or frowned upon.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2013, 07:44:49 PM »
That's funny. None of the stories I've read said the lips were big. You just kind of assume that, based on the President's race?

I've seen pictures of the clown in the mask.  The lips were not grotesquely large, but it's widely reported that one of the other clowns was messing with the lips and acting like they were big and floppy, and IIRC that's one of the things Lt Gov Kinder (a Republican) mentioned specifically when he denounced it.

What I don't understand is why *you* are being so sensitive about it.  ???  Or are you just channeling CSD or DeSelby for the sake of a good argument?  (if so, well, you got me. Good show.)

Quote from: Millcreek
I think that all parties of whatever political persuasion should pay proper respect to the office of the POTUS.  Not necessarily the person, but the office.  As I am sure all the veterans here were taught, you salute the position, not the person.  And I am equally as dismayed by people hanging President Bush in effigy.  And such people certainly don't represent me.
It is particularly appropriate to mock Obama because he has no respect for the office he holds.  But hanging anyone if effigy is crossing the line.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 07:49:31 PM by zxcvbob »
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2013, 07:47:42 PM »
Sensitive? In what way am I being sensitive? If I don't jump to the conclusion that it must have been racist, because someone mocked Obama, is that sensitivity?

???

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2013, 07:55:01 PM »

Well, it has an exalted place, rather than being outlawed or frowned upon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hou0lU8WMgo
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2013, 08:13:04 PM »
Drudge link: http://news.yahoo.com/mo-state-fair-bans-rodeo-clown-mocked-obama-183933790.html

The office of the President of the U.S. has always been subject to lampooning. When JFK was President, someone put out an LP record mocking JFK and his entire imperial presidency. Johnson was mocked. Nixon was mocked. How many of you are old enough to remember that Chevy Chase rose to quasi-stardom initially on the basis of his weekly skits on Saturday Night Live lampooning Gerry Ford and his (alleged) lack of physical coordination?

So a rodeo clown made fun of this president. I don't see how the mere act of poking fun at a president who is at a nadir in popularity automatically equates to RACISM ... unless, of course, one is himself or herself a racist/race baiter and looks for evidence of racism behind every bush (lower case) and under every rock.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2013, 08:17:39 PM »
So I am watching the network news on this story, and how the Missouri Rodeo Clown Association disavows any prior knowledge or approval of this incident.  And this got me to wondering: is being a rodeo clown a paid gig?  Or is it people volunteering their time?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2013, 08:24:23 PM »
Anyone else read the part where they once had a GWB dummy out there that got trampled by a bull?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2013, 08:46:30 PM »
Anyone else read the part where they once had a GWB dummy out there that got trampled by a bull?

Yeah, I could have linked to a lot of news stories on this. I chose Dana's piece, because it had that, as well a link to a film about the assassination of GWB.

Guess I shouldn't have bothered to link to any info, at all.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2013, 09:33:15 AM »
How about this one:  Racist or just funny?

"It's good, though..."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2013, 04:05:57 PM »
I think Michelle is gonna beat him to it.
 =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2013, 08:06:39 PM »
All the hyper-sensitive fools who see Bull Connors under every bed can eat my shorts.  Same goes for those who see racism in a rodeo clown clowning around in a caricature mask of a politician.

"When they got home at night, their fat and
Psychopathic wives race-hustlers would thrash them
Within inches of their lives."
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Levant

• friend
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2013, 08:11:57 PM »
How about this one:  Racist or just funny?

Apparently funny since I sprayed my tablet with Diet Mt. Dew just as soon as the picture came into view. :rofl:

I'm a patriot. I love my country including the fact that we're not subjects of people who pretend to be our betters simply by birth. I spent ten years in the navy defending our right to mock the president. As gun owners, we're painfully aware that rights not exercised are soon lost. I don't want my years to have been for nothing so get out there and mock some presidents, damnit!
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2013, 08:40:23 PM »
I don't want my years to have been for nothing so get out there and mock some presidents, damnit!

http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/08/13/hey-everyone-welcome-to-mock-obama-day

Levant

• friend
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2013, 07:25:11 AM »
So I am watching the network news on this story, and how the Missouri Rodeo Clown Association disavows any prior knowledge or approval of this incident.  And this got me to wondering: is being a rodeo clown a paid gig?  Or is it people volunteering their time?
I don't know if it is paid, but the one article on Drudge indicated they were going after one of the guy's day job with a school district.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2013, 08:45:14 AM »
That's racist!

But seriously, with so many reasons to hate Obama, why would you pick his blackness for mockery?
I wouldn't have done that myself - kind of tacky - but there are several reasons.
1. His blackness got him >95% of the black vote.
2. His blackness got him >95% of the mass media's support.
3. His blackness got him the Democratic nomination with no actual history of political experience
4. His blackness is the reason the mass media steadfastly REFUSES to "vet" him.

Even Clinton ("America's first black President") noted that Obama played the race card in the campaign.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2013, 08:56:37 AM »
I don't know if it is paid, but the one article on Drudge indicated they were going after one of the guy's day job with a school district.

Of course they are. Liberals want to DESTROY their opponents. There is nothing that isn't personal to them.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2013, 04:05:15 PM »
Oh, do read.  Most hilarious.

http://themattwalshblog.com/2013/08/13/an-apology-letter-to-mr-obama/comment-page-1/

=D

The trouble is that Dear Leader will probably think that he's serious  :facepalm:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2013, 04:49:11 PM »
Hmmmm, I wonder what happened to that whole 1st Amendment thing.... Dead as the rest of them I fear. 

Having actually gone to Youtube and watched the 3Minute video, the other clown appears to play with his ears, not his lips.   I will admit there are gaps where the camera is focused on the the chute and not the clowns so I may have missed that part.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2013, 05:14:22 PM »
Hmmmm, I wonder what happened to that whole 1st Amendment thing.... Dead as the rest of them I fear. 

Having actually gone to Youtube and watched the 3Minute video, the other clown appears to play with his ears, not his lips.   I will admit there are gaps where the camera is focused on the the chute and not the clowns so I may have missed that part.

I have not seen the video yet, but playing with his ears is okay IMHO.  (not sure how I ended up the arbiter on this...  maybe *because* I haven't seen it)
"It's good, though..."