Author Topic: Iraq War II surpasses World War II  (Read 10726 times)

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
Iraq War II surpasses World War II
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2006, 10:00:25 AM »
Quote from: BayouBlogger
Quote from: rih young
A Pentagon report listed 42 American soldiers "killed as a result of enemy action" between June and December 1945. In 1946, there were three.
Which report would that be?
Every major command has to account for everything isssued to it, including people.  When soldiers can no longer soldier, due to death, injury, or sickness, that is reported, and each category is tabulated.  For example, if a soldier slipped in the shower, broke his neck, and died, his death would be recoreded as "death, non-combat (accident).  A survey of records by the U.S. Army Center of Military History shows that at least 39 combat deaths occurred in the first few months of the occupation of Germany.
General N.E. Berzarin, who was rumoured to have been waylaid in Charlottenburg during an incident in June 1945.
Repeating rumors does not constitute scholarship.
Its not a rumor - the Sovs tried to play down the incident, to avoid giving the Werwolves a proaganda victory - but modern researchers harbor no doubt that he, like Montgomery's liason officer, was the victim of a Werwolf assasination.

Who wrote Minutemen of the Third Reich?
What - your "google" broke?  Perry Biddiscombe.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

Lee

• friend
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2006, 03:38:22 PM »
"What if it was YOU inthe oval office?  What would you do differently as President?  What's you're alternate plan, President Lee?"

I would set a deadline for withdrawal...perhaps two years. I don't think it would have a great practical effect on the strategic planning of the bad guys...but it would have a profound effect on the hearts, minds, and actions of those left to deal with THEIR problem. Additionally it would take the steam out of the widely held belief that we have moved in to take the oil rich, holy land for ourselves....which I'm beginning to wonder about myself (not really...but they do).  The rest of the key western countries would be forced to consider the future of the area and contribute far more than they currently are.  Embarrassing for the US...an admission of failure?  Yeah I guess.  Most people admire people who admit they tried their best, but were wrong, and want to make it right.  

As I said earlier, I thought we were right initially...but I think it's become pretty bizarre that me might end up killing more Iraqis than Saddam did, while making Iran the strongest state in the Arab world.

I'm a simple guy and have to look at things simply.  What if we were in their shoes?  Regardless of how corrupt or brutal our leadership might be, would we want Pakistani troops (for example) destoying our army, bombing our capitol, patrolling our steets with tanks and helicoptors, kicking in out doors to confiscate our weapons, ets, etc, for years -especially as a civil war looms anyway?

Regardless of what we do, much of the middle east and Iraq in particular, are going to be bloody, brutal places until the end.  For G*ds sake- the Sunnis and Shia kill each other over thousand year old arguments over Ali's bloodline.  Do you think we can fix that with MTV and Mickey D's?  

130,000 troops would be of much better use HERE, on the borders, in the airports and ports.  Hell...have them round up the million or so potenital terrorists living right here and boot heir butts back to Nirvana in the desert.  

As Lee the President, I would establish the biggest base in the world in the newly formed and US backed state of Kurdistan, and let the rest of the Iraq sort out theie own problems...even if it kills half of them. It'll happen anyway.

LAK

• friend
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2006, 02:53:31 AM »
Rosen, Weissman, Feith, Eitan, Ben-Menashe and Pollard are all Jews? Or rather are they simply citizens or agents of the State or Israel?

--------------------------------------------------

http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2006, 06:10:11 AM »
Quote from: LAK
Rosen, Weissman, Feith, Eitan, Ben-Menashe and Pollard are all Jews? Or rather are they simply citizens or agents of the State or Israel?
Eitan and Ben Menashe are Jews and citizens of Israel.  Feith is a US citizen.  Pollard is a US citizen but I dont remember whether he has Israeli citizenship as well.  He was a secret agent for Israel while working for the U.S. and is now sitting in jail.
But you knew all that, so why ask?
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

LAK

• friend
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2006, 04:32:54 AM »
Actually, no I didn't. That is why I asked.

------------------------------------------

http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

BayouBlogger

« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2006, 11:26:13 AM »
Quote from: richyoung
A survey of records by the U.S. Army Center of Military History shows that at least 39 combat deaths occurred in the first few months of the occupation of Germany.
And which report would that be?

What - your "google" broke?  Perry Biddiscombe.
Yeah, never heard of him. Who the hell is he?

Quote from: The Rabbi
Yeah.  Them Jews be trying to overthrow the gov't and establish the Zionist World Conspiracy.
That is not at all what I wrote.  Insinuating that I am an anti-Semite is a lame attempt to avoid the issue.

A few months ago I found myself debating Holocaust deniers on a different board, and I was of course wiping the floor with them.   You know how a Holocaust denier inevitably deals with facts and arguments?  "He's a Jew! He's a Jew!"  And so I got banned.

Neo-Nazis aren't the only ones willing to smear their critics. AIPAC similarly smears ctitics of Israel.  And so does The Rabbi.

Check out this link to a discussion of the Israel Lobby.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2006, 11:29:41 AM »
I think BayouBlogger is one of them Jews.  Ban him now!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BayouBlogger

« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2006, 02:21:58 PM »
I have Jewish ancestors and I "look Jewish."  Sometimes in college when I would walk across campus, guys in the local Jewish groups who were out recruiting for their groups would often accost me.  "Are you Jewish?"  Always kinda tickled me.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2006, 03:49:15 PM »
And look how we fought WW2

We commited damn near our entire industrial capacity to the war effort.  The European theater had how many troops on the ground and how many in the air?  And we fought a total no holds bared type of warfair.  We invaded and took it over completly and totaly and before that we bombed their cities to the ground.  Specific targets?  Sure sometimes those targets were just the city in general.

If we fought the war identical to how we fought WW2 we probably would have broken the spirit of the Muslims and had them submit by now.  

Now I for one wouldn't mind leveling half of the middle east and fighting the war in a way that would have it over in no time, but then some have called me a cold heartless bastard.  IMO thats about the only way to really end a war for good without future "flare ups".  But there are a lot of people that would mind and I don't want to go explaining and defending the political fallout.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2006, 04:49:29 PM »
What lupinus saud.

Nothing says "Hey, we lost!" quite like a city bombed to rubble and most the young males rotting along the major avenues of assault.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Lee

• friend
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2006, 04:53:13 PM »
I didn't realize we declared war on Iraq...I thought we were there to depose an evil dictator and free the people so that they could enjoy democracy.  Is that you Rummy?

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2006, 04:34:54 AM »
Quote from: BayouBlogger
Quote from: richyoung
A survey of records by the U.S. Army Center of Military History shows that at least 39 combat deaths occurred in the first few months of the occupation of Germany.
And which report would that be?
The one quoted by senior research fellow for defense and homeland security at the Heritage Foundation, James Jay Carafano, (author of "Waltzing into the Cold War:The Struggle For Occupied Austria"),  in his Heritage Foundation column of September 23, entitled, "A Phony "Phony History" ", which, if you could work a search engine, you would know can be found at http://www.heritage.org/Press/Commentary/ed092303d.cfm

I presume that will be the end of your questioning of the veracity of what I report?
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2006, 06:38:03 AM »
I didn't realize we declared war on Iraq...I thought we were there to depose an evil dictator and free the people so that they could enjoy democracy.  Is that you Rummy?
We also went in to boot the Germans out of France but that didn't stop us from bombing things that needed to be bombed.  Caution yes, restraint no.  Now we did however demolish Germany and not France so how bout this.

A lot of what we are fighting is coming out of Iran and select parts of Iraq.  So how bout we just level those select parts of Iraq that we need to and we turn Iran into a something that looks like the surface of the moon.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2006, 08:04:15 AM »
"A lot of what we are fighting is coming out of Iran and select parts of Iraq.  So how bout we just level those select parts of Iraq that we need to and we turn Iran into a something that looks like the surface of the moon."

Are you kidding?  Have you ever been around young Iranian women.  They don't call them Purrrrrsians for nothing.  It would be a real waste of natural beauty.

Seriously though...we weren't fighting Frenchmen in the streets of Paris two years after their Liberation.  I would guess that Paris (and likely Berlin) had electric power and water restored within 3 years of the liberation as well.

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2006, 09:07:57 AM »
No, we weren't but how many Frenchmen were Nazi's?  A lot more Iraqis are terrorists then French were Nazis.  If the Nazis wanted to fight a war the same way the terrorists do we could very well have fought them for just as long.

As to the electricity there are several factors.  One, they had a grid before the war.  The infastructure in Iraq was a total wreck and they are at levels above what they had before the war.  Also, the things weren't constantly being blown up by opposition.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2006, 10:40:33 AM »
"If the Nazis wanted to fight a war the same way the terrorists do we could very well have fought them for just as long."

That statement itself begs us to ask WHY the Iraqi "terrorists" are doing what they are doing.  There were numerous Nazi collaborators in France.  They didn't have time to fight us, they were too busy trying to stay alive after the liberation.

I've read numerous interviews with the so called Iraqi terrorists, and they all say they simply want us out of their country.  There is no ranting and raving about Allah, Jihad or any other BS.  Most say they like Americans but hate the Bush administration's decision to stay there.  They may hate some of their own countrymen more than us, and probably for good reason (Saddam collaborators), but that's their business.  I hope the latest estimate for substantial withdrawal is accurate.  Hopefully, we will be out of that hell hole in two years.

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2006, 06:12:15 PM »
They didn't because there were not enough hard core Nazis left alive.  They were either killed in the conventional war, captured and sent to a military prison (and no one even complained cause they still had common sense), or relized rather fast that we were pissed off and weren't going to take any nonsense cause we wanted to go home and we were more then willing ready and able to kick ass and take names on a large brutal scale to do it.  We haven't killed or captured enough of them because there really was no conventonal war to speak off.  Sure there was some conventunal resistance but for the most part they skipped it in favor of a different style of warfare.  Plus, we haven't demonstrated the willingness to do what it takes to break their will and kill the bastards and we haven't done so since WW2.  

How many wars since WW2 have been decisivly won?  Since then how many wars have been fought with a style of total no holds barred warfare?  Answer, very very few.  Korea, Nam, and Iraq.  The first was a stalemate that we still have troops involved on the border to keep them from getting ideas, the second was a waste of time effort and lives that we were unwilling to go all the way with, and the third while we won the first time we didn't want to finish the job and it came back several years later to bite us in the ass with this mess.  We now expect the military to be a big bad scary looking dog in the hopes no one will mess with it but when it comes time for it to attack we expect it to do so while we hold the leash tight and keeping it from doing all that it is capable of.  And as a result that dog can be as big and mean as it wants to look but eventually the other dogs on the block are going to know their owners wont hold them back.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2006, 10:51:36 AM »
"We haven't killed or captured enough of them because there really was no conventonal war to speak off.  Sure there was some conventunal resistance but for the most part they skipped it in favor of a different style of warfare."

I'm not sure who "they" are.  I suppose "they" are the Sunni's, who we are protecting from the Shiites with American lives and billions of our dollars.  There are just far too many ironies in this clusterf8ck.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2006, 11:13:20 AM »
The President said yesterday -

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,211506,00.html
In Utah, the president said despite reports in the media, Iraq is not descending into civil war and will not.

The Pentagon say's today -

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,211709,00.html
Iraq Security Report Warns Civil War Possible
Friday, September 01, 2006

STORIES
WASHINGTON  A surge in Iraqi sectarian violence and insurgent attacks  fueled by Syria and Iran  has combined to make the security situation in the country the most complex since the U.S.-led invasion more than three years ago, according to a Pentagon report released Friday.

The report warned that conditions exist that could lead to civil war, and that there is an increasing concern about that among the Iraqi people.

Life has taught me that if the pentagon says to expect light rain -prepare for a hurricane.