Author Topic: Outbreak of acute Common Sense in a local school  (Read 577 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Outbreak of acute Common Sense in a local school
« on: August 20, 2013, 10:09:01 AM »
Paving the way for chronic Bad Guys Think Twice syndrome...

http://www.kcbd.com/story/23175885/levelland-isd-school-board-to-vote-on-concealed-carry

The link says "...to vote on..." but it's actually been approved.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Outbreak of acute Common Sense in a local school
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 02:36:26 PM »
Who is that Brad Johnson charcter whose comment muddied up the whole thing by being on point, focusing on facts, and exposing the stupidity of the other commenters?  Even worse, he suggests that the kiddies be taught personal responsibility.  Somebody needs to hunt him down and silence him before those ideas spread.

SB1857 puts in place a certification for handgun instructors to teach school safety.  I guess that implies that school personnel can be instructed in school safety, and will stipulate that teachers are school personnel.  I could not find anything that says schools can allow teachers to carry at school,  (I'm guessing that the plan is that once they get their gun inside the various laws on self defense, defense of others, and protection of property come into play.)  But there's got to be authorization for them to bring their guns to work if for no other reason that getting past the federal GFSZ shinola.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 02:43:21 PM »
Ohio law allows the individual school district to decide if they want to arm staff and several have done that.  Buckeye Firearms Association is helping with the training (3 day class at Tactical Defense Institute). http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8967
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Levant

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 04:03:48 PM »
Superintendent Baggett says he will hand-pick the teachers that will carry firearms and they will go through a six step process:

And the rest of the teachers and their students can just die?  Who is Baggett that he gets to decide who can defend themselves and their classes and who cannot?  This might be a step in the right direction but it's a dangerous step. 
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 05:27:42 PM »
NY law allowed for the superintendant of each district to give written permission for any citizen to carry on school grounds.  i say allowed, as i am not sure if that was changed with the newly enacted "safe act".
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 08:48:19 PM »
Who is that Brad Johnson charcter whose comment muddied up the whole thing by being on point, focusing on facts, and exposing the stupidity of the other commenters?  Even worse, he suggests that the kiddies be taught personal responsibility.  Somebody needs to hunt him down and silence him before those ideas spread.

It's okay now.  Some guy named Fitzer got on there and straightened him out.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.