Author Topic: Chuck Norris wears Sheriff Clarke jammies at night  (Read 663 times)

brimic

• friends
Chuck Norris wears Sheriff Clarke jammies at night
« on: August 26, 2013, 12:45:22 PM »
http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/sheriff-clarke-touts-concertina-owner-calls-for-quick-return-of-guns-b9983353z1-221015121.html

What's not to like?

-Sheriff gives tavern owner an attaboy for shooting robber.
-Sheriff states that the owner should get his gun back immediately after he's been cleared from the shooting.
-A CCW class held at a tavern attended by hundreds.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Chuck Norris wears Sheriff Clarke jammies at night
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 01:25:37 PM »
http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/sheriff-clarke-touts-concertina-owner-calls-for-quick-return-of-guns-b9983353z1-221015121.html

What's not to like?

Only that there was no mention of the option for Open Carry.  Made it sound like CC was the only game in town.  Or the paper was afraid to let folks know they could strap up without any training.

I am in favor of getting as much training as possible - both practical application of tactics and knowlege of the laws.  But I'm willing to bet that most folks who go get a gun and strap up are not Heidi Yewman clones, even if they never get trained how to unload.  The research is incomplete and inconclusive but seems to point towards most handun owners not getting CC permission slips because they never take the thing out of the house/workplace, and therefore most of those who use a handgun in self defense (refer to it, display it, brandish it, or shoot it) had no training.  The problem is that except for the last category there is no consistent reporting on useage.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 01:46:24 PM »
Only that there was no mention of the option for Open Carry.  Made it sound like CC was the only game in town.  Or the paper was afraid to let folks know they could strap up without any training.

I am in favor of getting as much training as possible - both practical application of tactics and knowlege of the laws.  But I'm willing to bet that most folks who go get a gun and strap up are not Heidi Yewman clones, even if they never get trained how to unload.  The research is incomplete and inconclusive but seems to point towards most handun owners not getting CC permission slips because they never take the thing out of the house/workplace, and therefore most of those who use a handgun in self defense (refer to it, display it, brandish it, or shoot it) had no training.  The problem is that except for the last category there is no consistent reporting on useage.

Ah man, can't you shelve the cynicism for one day and bask in the knowledge that lefties everywhere in my state are wetting themselves after reading that article today?   >:D

But yeah, if the paper printed a positive story about open carry, it certainly would be better....
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 02:03:55 PM »
I'll shelve it when the press and law enforcement bring it up on their own initiative.  Something about inches and camels' noses.  (I have seen the press make a point of noting that on one occassion no complaint was made and suggesting that because of that one instance the pro-rights/pro-OC side must not be sincere.  Lesson learned.)

But yes, the wetting is to be enjoyed.  Perhaps basked in - figuratively, to be sure.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.