Author Topic: What did you do this morning?  (Read 7695 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: What did you do this morning?
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2013, 12:50:52 PM »
Sitting in a cramped waiting room, waiting to pee in a cup for a job, with other people being borderline abusive to their children who are also probably here to pee in cups, but I'll wager not for jobs...

Activating the Thread Drift feature of APS:

Reminds me of a time in Colorado Springs when my employer sent me to pee in a cup.  It was an annual arsenic exposure test (I was an engineer at a gallium arsenide foundry), but it was done at a local facility where druggy pee tests were a regular thing.
The attendant was going to follow me into the rest room to ensure I didn't substitute non-drug-laced pee for my sample.
The conversation that followed his declaration was interesting as it was assumed I was just trying to skate on a drug test.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2013, 12:51:33 PM »
Went on a hike with the dog, came across a leg trap with a live coyote in it next to a well used trail in the national forest that looked like it had been there a while.  Shot the coyote.  Put the dog on the leash, left a message with the local ranger station regarding the trap.

Levant

• friend
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2013, 11:18:13 AM »
Went shooting with Mtnbkr.

Best answer yet.
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2013, 01:44:04 PM »
Went to bed at 3 am. Couldn't fall asleep until about 4 am. Woke up at 5:45, went to check on an operation that was running on my computer. Worked on that until 7:45. Went back to bed, and got up at 11. Now it's almost 1 pm and I have little to show for the day.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2013, 09:22:56 PM »
Got a call from my boss, which woke me up, asking me if I would please go to her farm and take care of her dogs.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2013, 10:33:16 PM »
This was Saturday morning

I came in from the lake yesterday afternoon, ate a samich and drank about 2 quarts of gatordade, went to bed about 8:00pm got up at 1:00am, went back to bed at about 4:30 am and slept till 6:00pm. I was tired.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2013, 11:32:54 PM »
In between bouts of telling the white cat to get the frak away from me and let me sleep... cleaned out a basement with a red headed ranch girl from Saguache County I used to know.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2013, 10:13:44 AM »
In between bouts of telling the white cat to get the frak away from me and let me sleep... cleaned out a basement with a red headed ranch girl from Saguache County I used to know.

But her parents didn't like you cause you rode the rodeo?   ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2013, 10:42:45 AM »
Niiiiiice pic, Road King Larry.

Envy.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2013, 10:53:29 AM »

so that's what they're calling it these days..........

rkl,  i'm envious of your ride.  i was planning on some sailing this summer, but my fall delayed that for a while.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2