Author Topic: Where Is Usama, When We Really Need Him?  (Read 1280 times)

Ryoushi

Where Is Usama, When We Really Need Him?
« on: August 25, 2006, 04:55:01 AM »
God if I see one more beauty pageant video of Jon Benet Ramsey or that freak that has confessed to her murder I swear I'll move to Canada.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 04:59:30 AM »
Please explain.  What do we need Usama to do?  And are you speaking of bin Laden?

I am also quite sick of getting hourly updates on what the suspect is eating or wearing.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 05:13:37 AM »
I think what he is saying is we need a good Al-Quada story to put on the news so they have something besides the JonBenet media circus to talk about.

Ryoushi

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 05:24:53 AM »
Well to be honest I was having a bit of a meltdown. You know this damn news just never quits.  Times are tough for alot of people and I'm really sick of some guy with enough spare time and money to be paying for sex with small children and a sex change over in Thailand getting so much attention.

I'm sad to say that America by and large is a self absorbed, gratutitous society and for a minute there  I began to understand why some people hate this country so much.

Then I switched over to Lifetime and did some Yoga with Denise Austin and I feel better.  OK I can go to work now.

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 05:40:49 AM »
ON===>OFF works every time.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

client32

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 05:54:55 AM »
I'm a little sick of the Jon Benet stuff as well.  I might be interested in the results after it is over.  However, the missing now found austrian girl has been interesting to read.  I'm sure I would get sick of it after a week of 15 minute updates though.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 05:59:53 AM »
Blame Ted Turner for starting CNN, 24 hour news needs something to fill in for all the time.

-C
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 08:39:56 AM »
I can blame Ted for some other things, too?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 08:54:22 AM »
I used to feel the same way sometimes.  Then I got rid of my cable and tore out my antenna.  I haven't watched a lick television in over a year.

It was one of the smartest things I've ever done.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 09:06:50 AM »
Quote from: fistful
I can blame Ted for some other things, too?
Sure, and lets get Chuck Norris to kick his ass too.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

BakerMikeRomeo

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 01:55:19 PM »
(Obvious) 24 hour news networks would have something to fill the time with if they reported more than three stories at once.(/Obvious)

As it stands, in a given hour we get fifteen minutes of JonBenet (killin' childrens is bad, but MAN that girl is creepy looking!) killer weirdo guy, fifteen minutes of Teh Middle East Omg, fifteen minutes of commercials, and fifteen minutes of the Celebrity of the Moment. If the news channels actually.. uh.. GAVE THE NEWS, i.e., reported MANY things happening in MANY places around the world, it wouldn't be s'goddamned repetetive.

But most people don't watch the news for news. They pop on CNN with the assurance that some moron will say exactly what they were saying an hour ago about the exact thing they were talking about, so they can get up to date on the latest in News Topics One, Two, and Three and have something to blabber and assume mindlessly about to the morons they live/work with.

~GnSx
*grumble, mumble*