Author Topic: found a fun fact  (Read 853 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
found a fun fact
« on: September 14, 2013, 09:08:33 PM »
Looking at the FBI data in table 1 on page 64, the violent crime rate in the US was 504.4 per 100,000 inhabitants, while property crime ran at 3656.1 per 100,000 inhabitants. The Dutch Central Bureau for Statistics has crime numbers online, but not the crime rate. The table shows 101,143 violent crimes and 919,262 property crimes in 2001. With a population of 16,171,520 (September 2002), this works out as 625.4 violent crimes per 100,000 people and 5684.4 proprety crimes. Or, to put it differently, the violent crime rate in the Netherlands in 24% higher than in the US, and the property crime rate is 55% higher.
http://qsi.cc/blog/archives/000144.html
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

SADShooter

• friend
Re: found a fun fact
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 09:25:57 PM »
B-b-b-but--civilized Europe! Wild West America with bloody streets!
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 09:28:04 PM »
Not really surprised.

The UK is much the same. And violence and property crimes aside, the actual murder rate there is the same if not higher. The U.S. really takes it on the chin with our honesty in reporting statistics, such as counting every unnatural non-accidental death as a "murder" vs. other countries that only list convicted murders, leaving out manslaughter, plea deals, and ones that simply went unsolved.
I promise not to duck.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 09:42:23 PM »
IIRC Britain only counts as Murders/Homicides those that are actually sentenced for the crime.   (That's one way to keep the numbers down).
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 10:18:27 PM »
Also need to separate out crime by race. Its highly correlated, and therefore statistically cannot be ignored regardless of what is culturally palatable today.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I