Author Topic: She'd better never rent Super Troopers...  (Read 3331 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
She'd better never rent Super Troopers...
« on: August 24, 2006, 07:27:00 AM »
Judge to rule if 'meowing' is harassment

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

JEANNETTE, Pa. -- Meow. A district judge has been asked to decide whether that word is a harmless taunt or grounds for misdemeanor harassment. Jeannette police charged a 14-year-old boy for "meowing" whenever he sees his neighbor, 78-year-old Alexandria Carasia.

The boy's family and Carasia do not get along. The boy's mother said the family got rid of their cat after Carasia complained to police that it used her flower garden as a litter box.

The boy testified Tuesday that he only meowed at the woman twice. Carasia testified, "Every time he sees me, he meows."

The boy's defense attorney, David Martin Jr., argued that the charge should be dismissed.

"This should never have been filed," Martin said. "This is not something that police should be wasting their time with or wasting the court's time."

Jeannette District Judge Joseph DeMarchis decided to wait 90 days before ruling. DeMarchis said his decision will be based on how the boy and his neighbor get along in the meantime.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 09:53:16 AM »
Quote from: Mike Irwin
Jeannette District Judge Joseph DeMarchis decided to wait 90 days before ruling. DeMarchis said his decision will be based on how the boy and his neighbor get along in the meantime.
NO.  It should be based on whether he actually did anything wrong.  Which can be determined right now.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 10:21:30 AM »
Uhm...

Shouldn't that be right meow?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

SpookyPistolero

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 10:26:32 AM »
Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
"She could not have reached this white serenity except as the sum of all the colors, of all the violence she had known." - The Fountainhead
"Smoke your pipe and be silent; there's only wind and smoke in the world"  - Irish Proverb

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 10:39:47 AM »
So, neighbor-lady makes the boy get rid of his pet cat.  Boy meows at neighbor-lady to make her feel bad for having done it.

I think I'm on the boy's side here.  If you take my pet away from me, you'll be lucky if all I do is meow at you.

Quote from: Phantom Warrior
Quote from: Mike Irwin
NO.  It should be based on whether he actually did anything wrong.  Which can be determined right now.
No kidding.  The ONLY thing the court should be concerned with is the question of whether or not the boy's meowing is a crime.  Touchy-feely bullshit like how well the he and she get along these days is ABSOLUTELY IRRELEVANT.

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 10:45:02 AM »
Ive had neighbors like that. THey have the non-emergency police number on speed dial and call it 5 days a week to complain about everything they see in their neighborhood. Retirement suits some people better than others. I suspect they are trying to turn their neiborhood into some fantasty "leave it to beaver" type place that never even existed in their lives.

ONE-SHOT-ONE

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 10:57:18 AM »
no the boy didn't break the law.
but neither did the lady by complaining about the cat craping in her property.
if you like cats, great. want one as a pet, fine.
let it roam on my property and tell me nothing can be done about it because
there is no law to stop it and i will be deal with it as any other nussance animal.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 11:32:31 AM »
Hmmm, I am torn.  While I am all for neighborhood improvement, e.g. making hillbillies get rid of their animals (or their stuffed sharks that they put in their windows), he is a 14 year boy and this is a total and complete waste of judicial economy.

This is a protective order?  A protective order for "meowing"?  Man, sometimes I wish I were a judge.Cheesy
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 02:46:59 PM »
Littering and...
Littering and...
Littering and...

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 02:22:26 AM »
Smoking the reefer.

JonnyB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 07:53:59 AM »
Quote from: wingnutx
Littering and...
Littering and...
Littering and...
Resisting arrest!

And they all moved back...

Thread drift warning!

jb
Jon has a long mustache. No, really; he does. Look at that thing!

Stickjockey

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 07:49:11 AM »
Resisting arrest!

And they all moved back...
Wasn't it, "...And creating a public nuisance"?
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 09:30:53 AM »
JonnyB,  off to the Group W bench.  Now, son!
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 11:44:24 AM »
Quote from: Fly320s
JonnyB,  off to the Group W bench.  Now, son!
Shouldn't that be "Meow, son!"?
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Stickjockey

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2006, 04:40:33 AM »
Now now, CB; no need to be catty.
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2006, 05:17:47 AM »
Topic drift. One word: Beerfest.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2006, 06:24:59 AM »
Quote from: BenW
Unless it turns out to be better than Club Dread, I won't be looking forward to it.

Chris

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2006, 06:30:46 AM »
lets all make video copies of the meow mix comercial and send it to her in a mass mailing

that'll teach her
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2006, 08:57:12 AM »
Quote from: mtnbkr
Quote from: BenW
Unless it turns out to be better than Club Dread, I won't be looking forward to it.

Chris
Well, the odds are good it can't be worse... :p
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2006, 09:03:38 AM »
Yeah, it had a few funny parts, but sure didn't live up to Super Troopers. At least with Beerfest, even if it's crummy, there will be big breasted topless beermaids (hopefully not like the real-life ones with arms bigger than my legs) Cheesy
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."