Author Topic: Krokodil is here  (Read 9444 times)

erictank

• friends
Re: Krokodil is here
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2013, 03:41:28 PM »
"It's morphine Mr. Suprynowicz.  It's for my Mom."  

(obscure sf-nal reference that AZR might actually get.)

I get that one too. Only reason I'd slow down if a broach opened would be to get my family.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2013, 04:22:34 PM »
There is a fledgling program (was, is, IDK if it's still going on) in a big city in Canada where a free shelter type place was offered for junkies to shoot up. Nurses on staff, clean needles and rehab services where all provided.

I actually would be ok paying for something like that. It cuts down on the spread of transmutable deases, keeps the junkies from doping up or dieing in the streets and provides rehab services (always good)

It basically worked as save who they can and have a central location and collection point for those intent on killing themselves.

And it's probably cheaper then the War on Drugs, too.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re:
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2013, 04:29:23 PM »
There is a fledgling program (was, is, IDK if it's still going on) in a big city in Canada where a free shelter type place was offered for junkies to shoot up. Nurses on staff, clean needles and rehab services where all provided.

I actually would be ok paying for something like that. It cuts down on the spread of transmutable deases, keeps the junkies from doping up or dieing in the streets and provides rehab services (always good)

It basically worked as save who they can and have a central location and collection point for those intent on killing themselves.

And it's probably cheaper then the War on Drugs, too.

I recently read a follow up about that. They've seen an impressive reduction in overdose deaths and other issues in that city
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
Re:
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2013, 04:41:50 PM »

I recently read a follow up about that. They've seen an impressive reduction in overdose deaths and other issues in that city

I belive it.

I hope the other libertarian types don't kill me for saying this, but I don't mind a certain number of social programs as long as the *expletive deleted*ing WORK.
Something like this, that could work and benifit society as a whole, there for, is a reasonable expense.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re:
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2013, 04:44:24 PM »
I belive it.

I hope the other libertarian types don't kill me for saying this, but I don't mind a certain number of social programs as long as the *expletive deleted* WORK.
Something like this, that could work and benifit society as a whole, there for, is a reasonable expense.

I'd never kill you for saying anything.

However, will you send men with guns to take money from me against my will as long as 51% of you decide it's the right thing (i.e. your social programs)?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
Re:
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2013, 04:50:27 PM »
I'd never kill you for saying anything.

However, will you send men with guns to take money from me against my will as long as 51% of you decide it's the right thing (i.e. your social programs)?

You're like a heat seeking missle. Do you have a red light that flashes and a siren that goes off in your batcave to inform you when someone is having a statist moment or something?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re:
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2013, 04:54:12 PM »
I belive it.

I hope the other libertarian types don't kill me for saying this, but I don't mind a certain number of social programs as long as the *expletive deleted* WORK.

That kind of a thing doesn't bother me if it's part of a general realignment and draw-down of govt services - like vastly cutting the war on drugs and using some of the money on a center like this - for a while. The hope would be that it would eventually turn into private charity. I don't care how many methadone clinics or rehab centers there are (to a point) if I'm not paying for them.

I'm also fine without 100% eliminating govt "social assistance". I would just want to see it severely restricted. I have no problem with some govt money going to help people whose homes have been wiped out by a hurricane. I also wouldn't have problems with some money helping people get a leg up if they had a personal catastrophe. For a short time only. Generally, helping of those who might otherwise go on welfare is best left to organizations like the Salvation Army, especially for longer periods and for things like retraining. If so many of my tax dollars didn't go to govt social programs that I have no say about, much more of my money would go to charitable organizations.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re:
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2013, 04:57:57 PM »

You're like a heat seeking missle. Do you have a red light that flashes and a siren that goes off in your batcave to inform you when someone is having a statist moment or something?

My own little NSA supercluster.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2013, 04:58:06 PM »

He has a sixth sense statism detector.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re:
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2013, 05:02:15 PM »

This is Vancouver BC.  The concept is 'harm reduction': you probably can't get them to quit drugs, but you can provide measures to minimize the risk of them contracting Hep C, HIV and other issues, which ends up saving you healthcare dollars.  The same concept as the needle exchanges, although Vancouver takes it a step further.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2013, 05:02:28 PM »
a consumer in a lower place in life than meth users.

There's lower than a meth user? How is that even *expletive deleted*ing possible?

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2013, 05:02:39 PM »
Well, the obvious solution to meet all needs would be provide (or not provide) social welfare programs on a local level, rather then a State or Federal level. ;)

That way the vote demigraphic would be more accurate to the needs of those people and if you don't like it, moving is a real option.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2013, 05:04:29 PM »
There's lower than a meth user? How is that even *expletive deleted* possible?

Well, you mix codine with gas and swish it around in a bucket and then inject it under your skin...

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re:
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2013, 05:06:11 PM »
Sounds like a party

APS meet up ?
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2013, 05:10:16 PM »
So do you get Krokodil hookers, like you do with the meth hookers?  Only with the former, pieces fall off once you really get going?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
Re:
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2013, 05:10:37 PM »
Sounds like a party

APS meet up ?

what? And find out if krokidile addicts are flamable?

Because it's not an APS meetup if something doesn't go boom.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2013, 05:12:30 PM »
So do you get Krokodil hookers, like you do with the meth hookers?  Only with the former, pieces fall off once you really get going?
Well if you like when they fall all over you...
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2013, 05:15:08 PM »
Well, the obvious solution to meet all needs would be provide (or not provide) social welfare programs on a local level, rather then a State or Federal level. ;)

That way the vote demigraphic would be more accurate to the needs of those people and if you don't like it, moving is a real option.

This idea, I like it. That way in the hippy trippy areas they can have their druggie love-ins and out here in 'Murica we'll kill 'em for stealing our A/C units.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2013, 06:13:59 PM »
been needle exchanges for decades.
good idea too
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2013, 06:28:26 PM »
I've got agree with Ben.  Let the problem solve itself.   The sad fact is that there are many, many people that would willingly adopt the children, who currently go to Russia, China, Africa etc, because attempting to adopt here is a complete and total joke.

Were I king, if you end up in an emergency room with heroin, meth, PCP or similar drugs in your system, your parental rights are instantly terminated and your children put-up for adoption in Scout26's "Pretty Much Like The Orphan Trains" adoption policy. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2013, 01:51:42 AM »
On the optimistic front, if this stuff leaves meth in the dust, does this mean they'll put the freakin' Sudafed back in the aisle with the other cold and allergy meds?

Doubt it.  The PSE  that people  buy from me and my crew behind the counter is not even an eensy weensy fraction of the PSE that the big meth operations use.

That stuff comes in truckloads from India.   There is *no* oversight in India... well... regarding any drug,  and the stranglehold that the FDA has on American medicine is laughable.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2013, 02:12:42 AM »
Not going to link them here, but a google image search on krokodil is very disturbing.

Holy Crap!!! [barf]