Author Topic: New bank problems?  (Read 1673 times)

HankB

• friend
New bank problems?
« on: October 16, 2013, 03:16:58 PM »
Chase bank is allegedly imposing additional restrictions on business accounts, starting Nov. 17

(Linked story from Drudge - but NOTE THE SOURCE!!!)

http://www.infowars.com/chase-bank-limits-cash-withdrawals-bans-international-wire-transfers/

IF this is true, I think there will be a run on the bank before the mentioned date.

I wouldn't panic unless/until some other news organizations pick this up.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: New bank problems?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 03:22:50 PM »
Just saw this too.

More profit for bitcoiners.   ;)

Ban that, Chase.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 03:33:55 PM »
They just told every business account to go somewhere else- how do you do international business without wires? We would be sunk if we could not wire funds to our overseas suppliers.

Hopefully it is a hoax.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 09:38:50 PM »
There are quite a few European banks that are in trouble.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/16/ecb-banks-test-idUSL6N0I618U20131016

TL/DR(BTL):

There are quite a few problems with several larger European banks that if it came out, would either cause a run or simple failure.

Money Quote:
A crucial question is how banks' holdings of sovereign bonds will be treated, following a push by the German Bundesbank to reflect more adequately the varying degrees of risk attached to bonds issued by different governments.

As banks do not have to hold capital to back their sovereign debt holdings under Basel III, the ECB is unlikely to address the issue in its asset quality review.

So if your bank has got most of your money tied up in Greek, Spanish or Italian bonds, you're all good.  Because they are going to sweep it under the rug. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 10:33:54 PM »
Jesus christ it's *expletive deleted* infowars, the people that see three conspiracies in every bureaucrat's fart. If I want infowars bullshit, I'll go to their site...no need to post it on APS...

Do a google search...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/halahtouryalai/2013/10/17/no-jpm-isnt-banning-international-wire-transfers-no-limits-on-withdrawals-either/

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 09:12:18 AM »
Jesus christ it's *expletive deleted* infowars, the people that see three conspiracies in every bureaucrat's fart. If I want infowars bullshit, I'll go to their site...no need to post it on APS...
Dude . . . relax. Take a deep breath. Go back to my OP and notice the disclaimers . . .  [tinfoil]
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 09:43:10 AM »
They just told every business account to go somewhere else- how do you do international business without wires? We would be sunk if we could not wire funds to our overseas suppliers.

Hopefully it is a hoax.

It is not a hoax.  We have a chase biz account and got the letter.  Doesn't affect how we do business.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I