Author Topic: Self Defense via SUV  (Read 39339 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Self Defense via SUV
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2013, 05:03:24 PM »
No CCW?  Me?  Gimpy, out-of-shape me?  There's going to be some body damage (sheet metal or protoplasm, does not matter which) once first contact is made.  (No, I do not conside ramming the front of the Range Rover first contact.  Pounding on the vehicle, trying to open a door, trying to smash a window all qualify.)

Apparently we all know to stay on the limited-access road and use all the territory between the guardrails to our advantage.  Heck, if a NASCAR driver can squeeze his opponent up against the wall, think how much fun a crotch-rocket driver* would have being squeezed?

I was a bit surprized to not see NYPD accompanying this "annual event" either to enforce their parade permit privileges or to see they obeyed the traffic laws.  Guess they are still too busy stopping and frisking everybody. :angel:

stay safe.

* - I will not refer to them as bikers".  At least for me that term connotes a certain species of motorcycle rider of which these were not.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2013, 05:42:59 PM »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2013, 06:08:31 PM »
This is the same crowd from earlier in the day. Gotta love all the German novelty helmets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xesQBsbxf_o

And the same group from earlier this year. Today's incident probably started similar to 1:15 in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0ujSkztMRrs#t=60
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 06:13:13 PM by bedlamite »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re:
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2013, 06:18:57 PM »
Now, in an ounce of fairness. From the video, how many bikers do you think clearly saw the white bike essentially try to commit suicide by ramming the front of the SUV? Half a dozen? The entire process was over in 3 seconds. With limited angles of viewing.

My guess is one stupid person did something stupid. Others responded without the necessary information. SUV owner spooked, ran. All of the pack saw the SUV crunch some bikes. Probably without seeing white bike playing stupid games in order to win the stupid prize. So, they pursued as a pack.

Failure of leadership. Hell, no one seemed to be thinking. Doesn't let the bikers off the hook for their crimes. Just saying, it's easy for things to get stupid when there's a LARGE chunk of information missing. If you started the video at the bike crunching, you'd think of things quite differently.

I've seen these types before

They look for excuses to *expletive deleted*ck with people

Even absent the brake checking, to surround him, force him to a stop, and beat on his windows.... They all saw this. Then, he careened through them

They deserved it. Too bad some didn't die
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
Re:
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2013, 06:20:49 PM »
No CCW?  Me?  Gimpy, out-of-shape me?  There's going to be some body damage (sheet metal or protoplasm, does not matter which) once first contact is made.  (No, I do not conside ramming the front of the Range Rover first contact.  Pounding on the vehicle, trying to open a door, trying to smash a window all qualify.)

Apparently we all know to stay on the limited-access road and use all the territory between the guardrails to our advantage.  Heck, if a NASCAR driver can squeeze his opponent up against the wall, think how much fun a crotch-rocket driver* would have being squeezed?

I was a bit surprized to not see NYPD accompanying this "annual event" either to enforce their parade permit privileges or to see they obeyed the traffic laws.  Guess they are still too busy stopping and frisking everybody. :angel:

stay safe.

* - I will not refer to them as bikers".  At least for me that term connotes a certain species of motorcycle rider of which these were not.

I've seen the same, and worse, behavior out of cruiser riders

It's not about the type of bike
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re:
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2013, 06:23:42 PM »
I've seen the same, and worse, behavior out of cruiser riders

It's not about the type of bike

This.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
Re:
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2013, 06:24:09 PM »
Also LOL at my new name
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2013, 07:02:51 PM »
Well Dixie, it is also being discussed on several of the bike boards I visit also, and the consensus is the SUV driver should have gone motorcycle bowling.

And while we are at it, let's give some props to those guys at Range Rover, that 5000lb luxury SUV climbed right over those bikes. Good traction, good obstacle clearance. But then again, the Brits did invent four wheel drive. ;)

Squids, they pull that crap in Seattle once a year now also, blocking traffic, stunting and generally being ... well... squids.

I took a little bit of grief for saying I would shoot the window smasher, but not much.

bob

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2013, 07:59:48 PM »
Well Dixie, it is also being discussed on several of the bike boards I visit also, and the consensus is the SUV driver should have gone motorcycle bowling.

And while we are at it, let's give some props to those guys at Range Rover, that 5000lb luxury SUV climbed right over those bikes. Good traction, good obstacle clearance. But then again, the Brits did invent four wheel drive. ;)

Squids, they pull that crap in Seattle once a year now also, blocking traffic, stunting and generally being ... well... squids.
I took a little bit of grief for saying I would shoot the window smasher, but not much.

bob

If they pay for a parade permit, I have very few complaints.  Most would probably be about the cops not enforcing both the general laws and the parade permit restrictions.

I hear polycarbonate/polyethelene has replaced hickory.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2013, 09:22:10 PM »
Our local fairgrounds is a fairly popular campground for biker events during the summer- BMW owners, HOG, etc. Never any problems even with numbers ranging from 1000-15,000. A few years back a group which had oddly coincidentally similar demographics to those shown in the videos had a camp out weekend at the fairgrounds. Several brawls and a shooting occurred.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2013, 09:24:32 PM »
Suggestions that he should have played ping pong with the rest is not legitimate self defense- that is offensive in nature.

Perfectly legit when they are trying to lynch you...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2013, 09:27:40 PM »
I'm appalled at the lack of motorcycle carnage involved in this incident. Try to kill me & mine, and you become fair game....and my game is Whack-A-Mole....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2013, 10:26:34 PM »
Riders are lucky he wasn't CCW and that they weren't turned into grease spots on the road.  Do that to me and you're not only getting run over but try to open my door someone is getting hurt.  I might get a few bruises but you'll know you were in a fight.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2013, 12:18:58 AM »
I want my next vehicle to have 4 wheel drive, and be one that's compatible with ARB brand bumpers/"brushguards".
I promise not to duck.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2013, 12:23:45 AM »
Suggestions that he should have played ping pong with the rest is not legitimate self defense- that is offensive in nature.

Nope. They were chasing him AFTER having already attempted to assault him. THEY were on the offense, which means anything he might have done to defend himself and his family was defensive.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2013, 12:23:59 AM »
I want my next vehicle to have 4 wheel drive, and be one that's compatible with ARB brand bumpers/"brushguards".

We can redneck engineer you a stout for hell war bumper...maybe with some nice spikes for more death power...

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2013, 12:56:46 AM »
We can redneck engineer you a stout for hell war bumper...maybe with some nice spikes for more death power...

Ya know... I was thinking about that. Although the finished commercial product looks better for when the lights are still on, and you have to get up in the morning and go to work.

But I like the spikes idea. Retractable somehow, kind of make it look like a plausible part of the car, at least to a cursory examination, and the "spikes" shouldn't be spiky at all. Make them somewhat blunt and square-edged, so they don't raise alarm or stand apart from normal "car trauma".  And retracting is also important for not getting hung up on bodies...

In the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE of course... not just some asshat squids.
I promise not to duck.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2013, 04:07:59 AM »
The newest icon to be placed on the RR dash.  ;)

bob

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
Re:
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2013, 06:10:39 AM »
Lol
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2013, 06:28:17 AM »
Despite his later tactical mistakes he started out with the right idea.  Were it me? Once they actively started pursuing me in my get away I would have gone on the offensive. Actively trying to bin them on jersey barriers and knock bikes down.  That large a mob makes for a huge disparity of force.

While I try not to be bloodthirsty, after watching all the linked videos I can't help but think some of that gang need to be killed by "victim" vehicles; pour le encourage les autres.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2013, 10:16:12 AM »
Despite his later tactical mistakes he started out with the right idea.  Were it me? Once they actively started pursuing me in my get away I would have gone on the offensive. Actively trying to bin them on jersey barriers and knock bikes down.  That large a mob makes for a huge disparity of force.

While I try not to be bloodthirsty, after watching all the linked videos I can't help but think some of that gang need to be killed by "victim" vehicles; pour le encourage les autres.

Yeah, there was definitely a need for some varmint culling...

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2013, 10:29:00 AM »
there are true believers who believe the bikers were "done wrong" seek out those comments at your own risk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2013, 07:23:11 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/01/new-york-man-celebrating-first-anniversary-with-wife-child-left-for-dead-after/?intcmp=latestnews

They have found some of the people in the video and charges are being pursued.  One of the bikers is in a coma and more than likely paralyzed from the waist down.  His wife is crying about someone needs to pay.  No charges for the SUV driver.  Apparently the reason for getting off the highway was because his tires had been slashed and he was looking for an escape route.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2013, 07:29:21 PM »
If Obama had a son, would he be a member of a motorcycle gang ?   =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2013, 07:31:30 PM »
One of the bikers is in a coma and more than likely paralyzed from the waist down.  His wife is crying about someone needs to pay

Someone paid alright you stupid twit. Your husband, when he decided to be part of a mob assault on an innocent party...hell I think it's more satisfactory that he's paralyzed instead of dead, nothing like being a walking rolling reminder of what an idiot looks like for the rest of his life.