Author Topic: Self Defense via SUV  (Read 39341 times)

Phyphor

• friend
Re: Self Defense via SUV
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2013, 08:35:34 PM »
Someone paid alright you stupid twit. Your husband, when he decided to be part of a mob assault on an innocent party...hell I think it's more satisfactory that he's paralyzed instead of dead, nothing like being a walking rolling reminder of what an idiot looks like for the rest of his life.

Yup.  This smacks of "BUT HE WAS SUCH A GOOD BOY!" to me.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Lee

• friend
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2013, 08:44:54 PM »
I'm thinking that some high speed swerving in all three lanes, and intermittent hard braking, would have discouraged most of them. Make em deal with their wounded.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2013, 08:56:51 PM »
According to TFA, his tires were slashed.

Question: So, in the final analysis, would he have been best off just stopping behind the white bike that brake-checked him? Now I think I understand that the bikers were trying to take over the highway and he was stopping them from doing that. On the other hand, if you stop and let them get in front of you then you lose the benefit of mobility if they turn out NOT to be merely endangering everyone and wasting their time by taking over the highway.

Even though I DO usually have a CCW weapon, things like this make me feel pathetically underarmed with a compact 9mm. 
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2013, 09:17:18 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/01/new-york-man-celebrating-first-anniversary-with-wife-child-left-for-dead-after/?intcmp=latestnews

They have found some of the people in the video and charges are being pursued.  One of the bikers is in a coma and more than likely paralyzed from the waist down.  His wife is crying about someone needs to pay.  No charges for the SUV driver.  Apparently the reason for getting off the highway was because his tires had been slashed and he was looking for an escape route.

“This man needs to know he hurt someone,” Jeremiah Mieses' wife Dayana Mieses told Boston.CBSLocal.com. “That man paralyzed my husband. He needs to pay for what he did.”

Dayana Mieses told the station that her husband has injuries to his heart, lungs and ribs and that he is paralyzed from the waist down.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2013, 09:23:09 PM »
Question: So, in the final analysis, would he have been best off just stopping behind the white bike that brake-checked him? Now I think I understand that the bikers were trying to take over the highway and he was stopping them from doing that. On the other hand, if you stop and let them get in front of you then you lose the benefit of mobility if they turn out NOT to be merely endangering everyone and wasting their time by taking over the highway.

I'm not understanding this. After the initial collision with the bike that purposefully caused the wreck the range rover driver stopped (expecting to exchange insurance information and call for emergency assistance per normal traffic accident procedures). The bikers had a different idea once the rover was stopped and started attacking the family in the rover.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

zahc

• friend
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2013, 10:24:12 PM »
Ok. I didn't see it that way. I only saw any attacking after the SUV driver refused (justifiably) to stop as fast as the bikers wanted him to. Which may have lead to the brake-checking in the first place. We don't know what happened before the video that I saw, which started right before the brake-check.

Note: the SUV driver had every right to keep going. I'm only asking, if this ever happens, is it a safer bet to let the riders have their  fun and block off the highway, or is it as safer bet to keep moving. Because if you keep moving, then you might need to be prepared to "greeze" some bikers, even if they get in front of you and try to brake-check you. Because stopping for the brake-checking-bike is what lead to this guy's tires getting slashed.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2013, 10:38:07 PM »
is it as safer bet to keep moving.

A stopped vehicle is a lot more vulnerable than a moving vehicle. Who says they weren't intending to stop the vehicle with the intention of assaulting it in the first place? After all members of the group had apparently committed other attacks and were wanted. The more I think about it the more it seems to me that they may have boxed him in and stopped the SUV in order to assault the occupants...look at how coordinated the stop was and how everybody jumped off their bikes quickly...no confusion as to what happened there, plus no hesitation on mounting back up when the SUV fled the initial assault. Sure as hell looked planned and coordinated to me.

The way I see it a group of unknown individuals boxing you in like that and stopping you can only mean bad things are about to happen.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 10:55:48 PM by Boomhauer »

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2013, 11:10:08 PM »
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but for zach's sake, this is my understanding of the sequence of events.

Dude and his family go for a drive, not knowing asshats are staging a spectacle.  One biker deliberatly cuts him off and brake checks causing a non-injury fender bender.  Other bikers start pounding the car and slashing the tires.  Fearing for his and his family's life he guns it and escapes seriously injuring one biker in the process.  Some bikes tend the wounded, others give chase.  Eventually the surround the SUV drag the dude out, beat and slash him and leave him for dead.  Cops finally catch up, transport him to the hospital, and and that's the end.

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2013, 11:28:43 PM »
Dude and his family go for a drive, not knowing asshats are staging a spectacle.  One biker deliberatly cuts him off and brake checks causing a non-injury fender bender.  Other bikers start pounding the car and slashing the tires.  Fearing for his and his family's life he guns it and escapes seriously injuring one biker in the process.  Some bikes tend the wounded, others give chase.  Eventually the surround the SUV drag the dude out, beat and slash him and leave him for dead.  Cops finally catch up, transport him to the hospital, and and that's the end.

I think the biker that brake checked got an injured leg for his genius idea, and I've heard it was broken, but essentially you have it.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2013, 07:59:52 AM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2013, 08:25:24 AM »
The way I see it a group of unknown individuals boxing you in like that and stopping you can only mean bad things are about to happen.

Like I said before, if the boxing vehicles don't have flashing red and blues, its game on.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Self Defense via SUV
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2013, 08:29:36 AM »
Those clowns had gotten used to getting away with breaking bad. Bet a search will yield other incidents. Cue whining of " why do the cops pick at us?"

damn phone
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2013, 10:19:42 AM »
Pretty good example of the "herd" mentality. To me, stopping or impeding someone on the road for no other reason than "we can" is akin to kidnapping.  The Rover driver had good reason to fear for his life and it's just a pity he couldn't take out more of those imbeciles. :mad:
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2013, 10:26:05 AM »
A stopped vehicle is a lot more vulnerable than a moving vehicle. Who says they weren't intending to stop the vehicle with the intention of assaulting it in the first place? After all members of the group had apparently committed other attacks and were wanted. The more I think about it the more it seems to me that they may have boxed him in and stopped the SUV in order to assault the occupants...look at how coordinated the stop was and how everybody jumped off their bikes quickly...no confusion as to what happened there, plus no hesitation on mounting back up when the SUV fled the initial assault. Sure as hell looked planned and coordinated to me.

IMHO They were trying to squirt the SUV out the back of the formation.  I had a group of some riders here in Texas try to do that to me when I was hauling ass to a wedding in Austin.  They were doing 55 in a 65 and when I began trying to thread my way through them they closed ranks and slowed down.  I just put my redneck hat on and passed on the shoulder.  Of course, I had 3 guns in reach and 6,000 pounds of truck at my disposal. [ar15]
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2013, 10:28:52 AM »
if it were me and my family, i'd have done the same thing as the suv driver.  i'm curious what the law states regarding a self defense incident like this?  gun laws are fairly clear about how and when defensive shootings may occur, but i've never read anything regarding vehicular uses of force.  i'm surprised there is no whining from the anti "stand your ground" contingent.  perhaps they will bring in some prosecuters from florida to make the charges (against the suv driver) in another week or so.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2013, 10:29:38 AM »
Well, from now on I'm going to have not so sanguine thoughts about groups of murdercyclists  ;)

You ride with outlaws, you die with outlaws.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2013, 11:58:16 AM »
Those clowns had gotten used to getting away with breaking bad. Bet a search will yield other incidents. Cue whining of " why do the cops pick at us?"

damn phone

Nope. Nearly every motorcyclist I know, and almost all the ones on my sportbike board, are thinking the SUV driver did the right thing, and that the motorcyclists are in the wrong.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

• friends
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2013, 12:38:23 PM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/10/01/bikers-suv-nyc/2906385/

i am pretty used to a lotta of crying when guys on crotch rockets get pulled over and the cops act like they are gonna flee or be lawless. [popcorn]

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re:
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2013, 12:56:18 PM »

i am pretty used to a lotta of crying when guys on crotch rockets get pulled over and the cops act like they are gonna flee or be lawless. [popcorn]

Just like gun owners get riled at unfair persecution.

The activity and the tool are separate.

Just because one rides a sportbike does not make one a criminal any more than owning a Glock fowty does
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2013, 01:09:20 PM »
Nope. Nearly every motorcyclist I know, and almost all the ones on my sportbike board, are thinking the SUV driver did the right thing, and that the motorcyclists are in the wrong.

Sorry if I've asked before, but what board do you frequent? Most of the ones I've seen have been low traffic low quality.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2013, 01:20:18 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/01/new-york-man-celebrating-first-anniversary-with-wife-child-left-for-dead-after/?intcmp=latestnews

They have found some of the people in the video and charges are being pursued.  One of the bikers is in a coma and more than likely paralyzed from the waist down.  His wife is crying about someone needs to pay.  No charges for the SUV driver.  Apparently the reason for getting off the highway was because his tires had been slashed and he was looking for an escape route.

Still should have stayed on the highway. Even at 10 mph. It'll sure as hell gets the cops attention.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2013, 01:24:26 PM »
Still should have stayed on the highway. Even at 10 mph. It'll sure as hell gets the cops attention.

Double-plus ditto.

It was only a matter of blocks, stoplights and chance until he was compelled to come to a stop due to traffic obstacles.  Staying on the freeway and leaving a pile of horizontal bikes and riders with broken bones will bring police plenty quick if the RR occupants didn't have a cell phone for whatever reason.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2013, 01:37:58 PM »
Sorry if I've asked before, but what board do you frequent? Most of the ones I've seen have been low traffic low quality.

Have you tried www.pnwriders.com ? Kind of like Arfcom, but for bikers in the PNW. A lot of good people and therads, and then some squids and their posts. But all in all, it works out.

I also hang out at http://www.triumphrat.net/ at times, well more than I should, but they have a fairly large thrad going on this right now.

bob

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2013, 01:46:29 PM »

according to the above story, the hospitalized biker was helping another injured biker when he was hit.  does that mean he was hit after the suv left?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2