Author Topic: Man Walks With a Robotic Leg Controlled by His Brain  (Read 1579 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Man Walks With a Robotic Leg Controlled by His Brain
« on: October 01, 2013, 02:25:47 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3YgoYNgiMQ

A team led by biomedical engineer Levi Hargrove at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago in Illinois reported the breakthrough last week in the New England Journal of Medicine1, including a video that shows the man using the bionic leg to walk up stairs and down a ramp, and to kick a football.

The major advance is that the man does not have to use a remote-control switch or exaggerated muscle movements to tell the robotic leg to switch between types of movements, and he does not have to reposition the leg with his hands when seated, Hargrove says. Source

Read more at http://www.geeksaresexy.net/#VXa6pzXHDZhvoMrp.99
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Man Walks With a Robotic Leg Controlled by His Brain
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 06:15:44 PM »
And closer and closer we get .... and with Obamacare it WILL cost $6,000,000!!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 06:17:04 PM »

Dr. Evil: "Six BILLION Dollars..."
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 07:14:09 PM »

Wow, you must be old! Now how did I know that? ;) [ar15]
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 12:13:08 AM »
Wow, you must be old! Now how did I know that? ;) [ar15]

Yeah ... I'm so old I also squeek when I walk.  :P ;/
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

freakazoid

• friend
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 12:53:27 AM »
Getting pretty cool with stuff like that. I wonder at what we have now, what will 20 more years bring us? (assuming Obamacare doesn't stifle research too much)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams