Author Topic: Shots fired on Capitol Hill  (Read 29235 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Shots fired on Capitol Hill
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2013, 12:34:09 PM »
Many moons ago we had a fight in one of the off-post clubs that was notorious for drunken brawls.  MP's and GP's go charging in and pretty much in front of G-d, MP's, GP's and everyone else, Subject 1 stabs Victim 1 with a good sized knife and then attempts to Exit Stage Left out a side door.

MP 1 pulls her sidearm and shoots Subject 1 right as he's exiting the door.

MP 1 is now in a world of *expletive deleted*it.   Fleeing Felon rule.  Even though he had just stabbed a person in cold blood in front of a metric buttload of witnesses, by attempting to flee he was no longer a threat to the MP's, GP's or the remaining drunken revelers.

Charges were filed against the MP and it goes to courts martial.   Things look really bad for MP 1. 

Fortunately she has a very good, very smart JAG officer.

During Courts Martial, said JAG officer points out that there were people outside the Exit Stage Left door, and that having just stabbed a person inside, it could be presumed that he posed a threat to those outside the door as he still had knife in hand (which he only dropped upon being shot).

MP 1 got very, very, very lucky that the court bought that defense, as she had no way of knowing that people were outside the door.  (As pointed out by the prosecution.)           

So what does that have to do with the situation here.  Once miss crazy lady, backs out of the box and attempts to run, she is NO LONGER a threat to those officers.  Yet, they fire at the fleeing vehicle.  From back when I was taught/trained, this is VERY BAD KARMA.  One simply does not shoot at fleeing vehicles.  I'll point out again, that it's very, very, very hard to outrun Motorola. Especially in an urban area with as much Police presence as DC. 

This was a public execution, pure and simple. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2013, 04:36:29 PM »
Am I the only one to notice that more than one official has made it a point to state that this was an isolated incident, with no "nexus to terrorism"?

Yet all across the country, sumdoods speak angry words at ex-girlfriends or soon-to-be ex in-laws, and THEY get charged with "terroristic threatening."

The inmates are running the asylum. (But we knew that.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2013, 05:10:59 PM »
One simply does not shoot at fleeing vehicles.

Apparently, D.C. police do and it's all okay.  =|

no "nexus to terrorism"

But was there a lexus to terrism?  This thread may go on to infiniti.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2013, 05:30:51 PM »
But was there a lexus to terrism?  This thread may go on to infiniti.

It can't. The Infiniti driver is a KIA.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

brimic

• friends
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2013, 09:08:03 PM »
 :facepalm:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2013, 01:00:42 AM »
Now this is interesting; in the "back up and take off" video, as she goes around the traffic circle, you can clearly see the taillights of the car, still red and functional, but in the aftermath photo the right taillight is pretty well smashed.  Considering that's all the obvious body damage other than bullet holes, I'd really like to see all the dashcam footage that I'm sure exists and is being carefully kept from public scrutiny.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Shots fired on Capitol Hill
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2013, 04:07:09 AM »
It might take a while but the linked articles gave witness statements about that

damn phone
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2013, 09:35:04 AM »
Many moons ago we had a fight in one of the off-post clubs that was notorious for drunken brawls.  MP's and GP's go charging in and pretty much in front of G-d, MP's, GP's and everyone else, Subject 1 stabs Victim 1 with a good sized knife and then attempts to Exit Stage Left out a side door.

MP 1 pulls her sidearm and shoots Subject 1 right as he's exiting the door.

MP 1 is now in a world of *expletive deleted*.   Fleeing Felon rule.  Even though he had just stabbed a person in cold blood in front of a metric buttload of witnesses, by attempting to flee he was no longer a threat to the MP's, GP's or the remaining drunken revelers.

Charges were filed against the MP and it goes to courts martial.   Things look really bad for MP 1. 

Fortunately she has a very good, very smart JAG officer.

During Courts Martial, said JAG officer points out that there were people outside the Exit Stage Left door, and that having just stabbed a person inside, it could be presumed that he posed a threat to those outside the door as he still had knife in hand (which he only dropped upon being shot).

MP 1 got very, very, very lucky that the court bought that defense, as she had no way of knowing that people were outside the door.  (As pointed out by the prosecution.)           

So what does that have to do with the situation here.  Once miss crazy lady, backs out of the box and attempts to run, she is NO LONGER a threat to those officers.  Yet, they fire at the fleeing vehicle.  From back when I was taught/trained, this is VERY BAD KARMA.  One simply does not shoot at fleeing vehicles.  I'll point out again, that it's very, very, very hard to outrun Motorola. Especially in an urban area with as much Police presence as DC. 

This was a public execution, pure and simple. 

But they shoot at fleeing cars on TV ALL THE TIME!!!!!!   :facepalm:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

• friends
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2013, 10:13:34 AM »
But they shoot at fleeing cars on TV ALL THE TIME!!!!!!   :facepalm:
In real life they shoot at cars that drive towards folk
Like you know.  This lady

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2013, 10:34:05 AM »
Like you know.  This lady

Watch the video again.  They only open fire once she is headed away from them.  She wasn't on the sidewalk mowing down pedestrians. 

Now, what exactly are your law enforcement training credentials again?   

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2013, 10:36:35 AM »
Like you know.  This lady

Herp derp.
They shot at fleeing car after she drove towards them.
If anything, the police have proven her fears correct, and have just ratcheted up the danger in traffic stops across the country.

Barack Obama

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2013, 10:53:52 AM »
Hmm, looking at that video and reading the accounts, I suspect that if I were the one firing those shots I would be facing some purty serious charges.  (Discounting the charges WRT having a pistol on the DC streets.)

My standard nowadays is: "If Joe Citizen would get burned doing it, the LEO ought to get burned too."

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2013, 11:01:14 AM »
My standard nowadays is: "If Joe Citizen would get burned doing it, the LEO ought to get burned too."

But, but, but the police get to wear all the tactical gear. What good is tactical gear if they don't get to use it? (BTW- did you see the ones with the NVGs?) Tactical gear makes them = !!!!!soldiers!!!!! which makes them more pwofeshunal than Joe Citizen which means that only they are skilled enough to execute motorists at contact distance.

Barack Obama

• friends
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2013, 11:16:38 AM »
Watch the video again.  They only open fire once she is headed away from them.  She wasn't on the sidewalk mowing down pedestrians. 

Now, what exactly are your law enforcement training credentials again?
Try again with that video. You can do better

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2013, 11:46:20 AM »

I watched it too with the same conclusion as scout.  Maybe you should try again  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2013, 11:49:11 AM »
I watched it too with the same conclusion as scout.  Maybe you should try again  ;/
Really. Where is the car when the shots start? And where is the secret service agent hurt.?   Not the cop that hit the barricade but the one injured by the car.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2013, 11:54:25 AM »
Really. Where is the car when the shots start? And where is the secret service agent hurt.?   Not the cop that hit the barricade but the one injured by the car.

Where was all of this in relation to where the woman was executed in her disabled car?
Sorry but officers getting hurt is not justification for retaliatory murder.

Barack Obama

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2013, 11:55:16 AM »
<---- Military Police Officer Basic Course 14 weeks.
Military Police Officer Advanced Course 26 Weeks.
Military Police Investigations  5 weeks.
Traffic Accident Investigations  3 weeks.
Along with 4 years of OJT on Active Duty.  7 years in the Reserves.

Your turn.

I have.  First shots aren't fired until the :10 second mark.  AFTER she has driven around the "box" and past the officers.  That's a definite "NO SHOOT" in every school and class I've gone to.   Had it been in any other jurisdiction, the officers that pulled triggers would and should be facing some serious discipline, if not criminal charges.

See I hold LE to a higher standard than the average citizen.  Simply because the have been and are trained in the law and sworn to uphold it.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2013, 11:58:35 AM »
Really. Where is the car when the shots start? And where is the secret service agent hurt.?   Not the cop that hit the barricade but the one injured by the car.

Speeding away to the left temporarily out of sight, after evading several officers with guns drawn.  The car then appears heading backing to the right towards the traffic circle after apparently having driven around a 180 deg curve.  This all happens fast enough that there couldn't have been another encounter.  If there was someone in danger of being run over, the officers would have been firing directly towards them as well as the car.

• friends
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2013, 12:01:58 PM »
Are you using the video in post 72? As far as I know that's the only video out that shows, well not exactly shows, the shots. And since you cannot actually see the car as the shots are fired it makes scouts pronouncement a bit questionable.

There are 4 seconds where she's outa sight and the shots happen. And unless you have another vid....

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2013, 12:29:25 PM »
And when the shots are fired, she is driving AWAY from the officers, not toward them.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

• friends
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2013, 01:09:54 PM »
And when the shots are fired, she is driving AWAY from the officers, not toward them.

you've been to dc right? how many cops do you think were there? or is it your belief that the 6 or seven that surround the car were the only ones there and the only ones who fired?
in that area no matter what way you drive you likely will be heading towards a cop

but i am most impressed in your ability to make those conclusions based on what you cannot possibly have seen.  must be that police training
oh and your earlier "many moons ago" story?  the same rationale could apply to the situation here.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2013, 01:16:21 PM »
you've been to dc right? how many cops do you think were there? or is it your belief that the 6 or seven that surround the car were the only ones there and the only ones who fired?
in that area no matter what way you drive you likely will be heading towards a cop

but i am most impressed in your ability to make those conclusions based on what you cannot possibly have seen.  must be that police training
oh and your earlier "many moons ago" story?  the same rationale could apply to the situation here.

So you're basing your assumption on the cops that you can't see firing at her car?   ;/

• friends
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2013, 01:26:05 PM »
Nope , unlike you and scout , I can't tell who pulled the trigger.
I can barely say there were 7 shots could be more.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2013, 06:30:44 PM »
Those bullets came from somebody's gun and went somewhere, in the middle of crowded DC.   ;/

Could have been a bunch a gangbangers just happening to do a drive by right then  :lol: