Author Topic: What could possibly go wrong?  (Read 4758 times)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
What could possibly go wrong?
« on: October 07, 2013, 04:32:26 PM »
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/10/07/truckers-for-the-constitution-plan-to-slow-dc-beltway-arrest-congressmen

I'm sure the truckers will all have their demands met, and then some.

I feel so relieved they're doing this, and our long national nightmare is soon to be over.

:rofl:

Although, I suppose if they actually do have enough trucks to grind I-495 to a halt for awhile, I support it, if only for the lulz, and it'll make a bunch of leftists freak out to see their type of tactics finally turned on them. And it will be fun to watch them screaming about "being held hostage", and "critical infrastructure" etc.

Real-world prediction, maybe 4-5 trucks(ers) have enough stones to actually try it. Although maybe if there's some crossover with the Teamsters P.O.'ed about Obamacare...
I promise not to duck.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: What could possibly go wrong?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 05:11:15 PM »
This has high entertainment value.

Plus, if they pull off closing down the beltway for a day or so it will be a nice little rasberry in the face of the liberal elite of this country about what PO'd blue coller can do.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 05:12:15 PM »
We are not going to ask for impeachment," Conlon said. "We are coming whether they like it or not. We're not asking for impeachment, we're asking for the arrest of everyone in government who has violated their oath of office."

Conlon cited the idea of a citizens grand jury – meaning a pool of jurors convened without court approval – as the mechanism for indicting the officials.

"We want these people arrested, and we're coming in with the grand jury to do it," he said. "We are going to ask the law enforcement to uphold their constitutional oath and make these arrests. If they refuse to do it, by the power of the people of the United States and the people's grand jury, they don't want to do it, we will. ... We the people will find a way."

Didn't various left-tard groups do something like this during the French Revolution?
It doesn't sound like the truckers have a concrete plan or mission, more like a (l)ibertarian version of OWS protests.
At first I thought "Chaos, anger being vented, this is going to be awesome!" Now I'm not so sure.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 05:16:09 PM »
We are not going to ask for impeachment," Conlon said. "We are coming whether they like it or not. We're not asking for impeachment, we're asking for the arrest of everyone in government who has violated their oath of office."

Conlon cited the idea of a citizens grand jury – meaning a pool of jurors convened without court approval – as the mechanism for indicting the officials.

"We want these people arrested, and we're coming in with the grand jury to do it," he said. "We are going to ask the law enforcement to uphold their constitutional oath and make these arrests. If they refuse to do it, by the power of the people of the United States and the people's grand jury, they don't want to do it, we will. ... We the people will find a way."

This is not something you do with your half-million dollar big rig and commercial cargo.

This is something you do with a $500 beater you bought just for the occasion, or a rental car.

Feds will make an effort to ruin these truckers as badly as they can if they execute this plan.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 05:19:26 PM »
Didn't various left-tard groups do something like this during the French Revolution?
It doesn't sound like the truckers have a concrete plan or mission, more like a (l)ibertarian version of OWS protests.
At first I thought "Chaos, anger being vented, this is going to be awesome!" Now I'm not so sure.

DC Beltway vs. community parks.
Truckers vs. dirty hippies
Fed government officials vs.  ... I still don't know who they wanted arrested or punished or whatever... Bush?

In all fairness though, it doesn't take much to be better orginized the OWS.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 05:22:14 PM »
This is not something you do with your half-million dollar big rig and commercial cargo.

This is something you do with a $500 beater you bought just for the occasion, or a rental car.

Feds will make an effort to ruin these truckers as badly as they can if they execute this plan.

Well, I suppose there's the potential for prosecution by traffic cams etc. Although were they to all find some POS trailer with an "unclear" chain of custody with it's tags, or VIN's or whatever it is the trailers have, and is on it's last legs, filled with rubble or a lot of dirt, and just left them on the freeway, and took off for home with their expensive rig-part...

Even better if they were all the run down unsafe Mexican trailers that have to be allowed in because of NAFTA.  :rofl:
I promise not to duck.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 05:55:12 PM »
Even better if they were all the run down unsafe Mexican trailers that have to be allowed in because of NAFTA.  :rofl:

Still waiting to see my first one of those.  It's been what 15-18 years now since NAFTA?  Another unfulfilled union promise.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 06:39:49 PM »
I hope they pull off a significant showing for the potest. Civil disobedience en mass warms my heart.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 09:58:41 PM »
I hope they pull off a significant showing for the potest. Civil disobedience en mass warms my heart.

Same here, as it would be supremely entertaining.  But I'm not getting my hopes up.  Like AJ mentioned, I'm betting on four or five trucks, tops.
Truckers have too much to lose, and too many ways to lose it, at the hands of the Feds.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 05:32:38 AM »
Don't be too sure this will fizzle.

It may not pop like a fireworks extravaganza, but they might give a better show than the farmers tractorcade of a few ( :O) years ago.  http://www.nebraskastudies.org/1000/frameset_reset.html?http://www.nebraskastudies.org/1000/stories/1001_0102.html

The thing is, if they come in from the Maryland side nobody will notice anything.  Maryland State Police are famous for pulling 7-lane rolling blockades (all 5 travel lanes + the breakdown lane on each side).

As for "arresting" anybody - good luck with that.

Folks are frustrated, and looking for ways to vent that frustration without having to go to the reset button.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 10:26:25 AM »
Same here, as it would be supremely entertaining.  But I'm not getting my hopes up.  Like AJ mentioned, I'm betting on four or five trucks, tops.
Truckers have too much to lose, and too many ways to lose it, at the hands of the Feds.

I've been out of the game for a few years but, I wouldn't be betting against you. I used to hear about this kind of stuff quite a bit. Strikes, protests, boycotting selected cities, etc.

Nothing ever came of it. "Most" truckers are company drivers and can't afford to lose their jobs (which most would if they participated). Trucking companies do not want the negative (to them) publicity generated, as well as the expense of the driver participating in such an action, and would likely replace them. Most drivers do not want to take the risk, real or perceived. Unless the majority played, they are easily replaced, H1B visas and unemployment being so high and such.

Most owner/operators (that I've known) would not play as it is expensive to operate a truck especially with no freight in the box) and as most don't own their own trailers, would still be readily identifiable by the logo on the trailer. They would also be in trouble with the carrier and their livelihoods would still be in jeopardy.

Maybe a few would show up but, without large numbers it will just be a few drivers getting their arses handed to them.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

griz

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 10:47:21 AM »
After the speed limit thread I think it's interesting that they plan to protest by obeying the 55 MPH limit.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 10:52:49 AM »
After the speed limit thread I think it's interesting that they plan to protest by obeying the 55 MPH limit.

Well, that would be interesting ... what would they prosecute them for - driving through town at the speed limit ???   :facepalm:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 01:16:41 PM »
Well, that would be interesting ... what would they prosecute them for - driving through town at the speed limit ???   :facepalm:

Well, in VA there are a few traffic laws that are specific to tractor trailers and might be applicable if they do this.
I don't know them, exactly, nor am I familar with the proper terms, but it prevents them from blocking in passenger vehicals or driving side by side unless activly passing each other.

Whatever, even if a few have the stones to pull this stunt off, I still think it's funny.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 01:34:00 PM »
Well, in VA there are a few traffic laws that are specific to tractor trailers and might be applicable if they do this.
I don't know them, exactly, nor am I familar with the proper terms, but it prevents them from blocking in passenger vehicals or driving side by side unless activly passing each other.

Whatever, even if a few have the stones to pull this stunt off, I still think it's funny.

Some of them will have to drive 50mph then  >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 03:47:55 PM »
left lane is off limits in some places
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 04:26:48 PM »
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 05:54:42 PM »
I've been out of the game for a few years but, I wouldn't be betting against you. I used to hear about this kind of stuff quite a bit. Strikes, protests, boycotting selected cities, etc.

Nothing ever came of it. "Most" truckers are company drivers and can't afford to lose their jobs (which most would if they participated). Trucking companies do not want the negative (to them) publicity generated, as well as the expense of the driver participating in such an action, and would likely replace them. Most drivers do not want to take the risk, real or perceived. Unless the majority played, they are easily replaced, H1B visas and unemployment being so high and such.

Most owner/operators (that I've known) would not play as it is expensive to operate a truck especially with no freight in the box) and as most don't own their own trailers, would still be readily identifiable by the logo on the trailer. They would also be in trouble with the carrier and their livelihoods would still be in jeopardy.

Maybe a few would show up but, without large numbers it will just be a few drivers getting their arses handed to them.
Add to this that a lot of truckers are not, how shall we say, natives.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 09:38:40 PM »
Add to this that a lot of truckers are not, how shall we say, natives.

Indeed that is true. That's why I mentioned H1B visas. I used to run into a lot of drivers who could barely speak English.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 09:44:10 PM »
Indeed that is true. That's why I mentioned H1B visas. I used to run into a lot of drivers who could barely speak English.
Just remember, all those driving from Russia videos are right here in the US.

Driving 80k lb big rigs...
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2013, 09:24:54 PM »
I just saw something about the trucker's action on the Kelly File on Fox News. They are saying it happens tomorrow.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2013, 09:29:30 PM »
if they get 500 trucks i'll be shocked. 
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2013, 09:51:08 PM »
if they get 500 trucks i'll be shocked.  

Me too. I used to hear about trucker's strikes on the CB all the time and nothing ever came of it.

The guys on Fox tonight seemed pretty serious though, so there'll probably be at least two trucks!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2013, 10:29:32 PM »
I am betting four, maybe even five trucks.  A truly big deal.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.