Author Topic: Yup, democracy works.  (Read 1787 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Yup, democracy works.
« on: October 08, 2013, 11:47:46 PM »
http://nypost.com/2013/10/08/us-adults-are-dumber-than-the-average-human/

Americans have gone dumb, and sure enough, they were able to vote their favored candidate into the White House. Democracy works.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Yup, democracy works.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 05:32:54 AM »
Until we figure out how to use a cellphone to set off and iED we are going to rank behind camel jockeys in technological smarts.

Tangential rant - with all the cellphone blockers available online for under $15, how come troops are not buying them by the caseload?  Is that technology dum, or just plain dum?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 09:55:44 AM »
Until we figure out how to use a cellphone to set off and iED we are going to rank behind camel jockeys in technological smarts.

Tangential rant - with all the cellphone blockers available online for under $15, how come troops are not buying them by the caseload?  Is that technology dum, or just plain dum?

stay safe.

They have big ones on the vehicles. And the cellphone command-detonated ones were always problematic, if the call connection takes a few seconds of a random and varying length based on cell tower conditions, you can't guarantee a hit on a vehicle unless it's a rather large convoy etc.

And the IED'ers have largely moved to simpler buried pressure plate triggers.
I promise not to duck.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 11:28:56 AM »

There are more EEs, chemists, combat engineers, structural engineers, SF, etc in our country than any other- they are just too busy doing productive things right now to play with IEDs.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 12:09:35 PM »
There are more EEs, chemists, combat engineers, structural engineers, SF, etc in our country than any other- they are just too busy doing productive things right now to play with IEDs.

Yes... The efficacy and deadliness if things got that far in America would be astounding.

Not to mention if/when vets versed in strategy and tactics met up with those who have engineering/chemical/technical skills.
I promise not to duck.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 01:08:36 PM »
I still have my copy of FM 5-34.  ;)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 02:36:50 PM »
Yes... The efficacy and deadliness if things got that far in America would be astounding.

Not to mention if/when vets versed in strategy and tactics met up with those who have engineering/chemical/technical skills.
Even without the know how, Americans are very inventive and clever when they need to be.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge