Author Topic: Arnold wants to be POTUS  (Read 3105 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Arnold wants to be POTUS
« on: October 18, 2013, 06:03:29 PM »
http://pagesix.com/2013/10/18/schwarzenegger-mounting-legal-challenge-to-run-for-president/

One source said: “Schwarzenegger has been talking openly about working on getting the constitutional rules changed so he can run for president in 2016. He is ready to file legal paperwork to challenge the rules.”

Um... those aren't "rules."  Those aren't even "laws."  That's the Constitution.  You're talking about creating a new amendment.  Just for Ahnuld.

Arnie was born in Austria, and the US Constitution prevents foreign-born citizens from holding the nation’s top job. Any amendment to the Constitution must be approved by two-thirds majority in the House and the Senate.

Bad nooz.  Bad!  [swats nooz's nose with rolled up noozpaper].  It's also got to be ratified by 3/4 of the several States.

Sorry, Arnie.  You're not special enough for your own amendment.  

Don't worry though, folks: He's got money, so he's used to getting his way.  "He'll be back."  Like a recurring tumor.

Edit:  Thought it was 2/3 of States for ratifying an amendment.  Nope, it's 3/4.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 06:14:56 PM by AZRedhawk44 »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

SADShooter

• friend
Re: Arnold wants to be POTUS
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 06:21:04 PM »
Um, no.

Even if I thought the idea of an amendment to alter that requirement was acceptable, which I don't, I wouldn't support it for him as the first horse out the gate. His experience in CA suggests to me he would be just as ineffectual in D.C.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 07:53:52 PM »
Arnold wants to be POTUS

Uh ......  NO! :mad:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 09:40:00 PM »
Even if it wasn't against the constitution, it would still be no.  He alienated many Republicans. Unless he plans to run as a Democrat.  He would probably get less Repub votes than Romney. 

Sheesh, we elect one incompetent Indonesian guy and everyone thinks they can be President. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 09:49:52 PM »
*expletive deleted*ck NO!
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 09:54:00 PM »
Why do we need to change the Constitution in order to elect another foreign born president  ???

=D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 10:00:36 PM »
Why do we need to change the Constitution in order to elect another foreign born president  ???

=D

Touche   :lol:

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 10:50:38 PM »
Back when he was first elected Governor there was chatter about changing the Constitution so that he could run for President.

No thanks.

Just like no thanks on the desire to change the term limit on the presidency so that Obama can run again like the Dems chatter about.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 11:15:34 PM »
Is the world TRYING to create Demolition Man?

WTF?
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 11:19:00 PM »
Arnie can "want" in one hand, crap in the other, and see which one fills up first.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 11:30:32 PM »
Meh. Arnold. Ted Nugent. The Gaga. Couldn't be worse than what we have now.  ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 05:20:35 AM »
Ain't gonna happen. Both ends of the political spectrum agree on this subject.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 05:55:28 AM »
He could lobby Levin to include a new amendment in his update package.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2013, 06:28:57 AM »
Don't worry though, folks: He's got money, so he's used to getting his way.  "He'll be back."  Like a recurring tumor.

It's not a tumor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaTO8_KNcuo
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 09:49:13 AM »
He could lobby Levin to include a new amendment in his update package.

Levin would probably try it if he thought it would help the unions or further gun control.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2013, 11:23:26 AM »
Back when he was first elected Governor there was chatter about changing the Constitution so that he could run for President.

No thanks.

Just like no thanks on the desire to change the term limit on the presidency so that Obama can run again like the Dems chatter about.

I don't think Obama wants to run for president a third time  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2013, 01:38:58 PM »

IDK, he seems pretty whipped, and I think Michelle likes her cushy first lady gig.

She gets to waggle her wide rear end and tell other people to work out more.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2013, 01:42:05 PM »
IDK, he seems pretty whipped, and I think Michelle likes her cushy first lady gig.

She gets to waggle her wide rear end and tell other people to work out more.

I didn't expect too many people to get my meaning.  But I'm a little surprised that you didn't.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2013, 02:43:37 PM »
I didn't expect too many people to get my meaning.  But I'm a little surprised that you didn't.

well, now get it. :P
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2013, 04:27:16 PM »

The operative word here being "run". 
 I think there is at least a 50% chance he is going to create a national emergency and suspend elections.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2013, 05:42:18 PM »

I'm waiting for some idjit to claim the 22nd Amendment is racist.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2013, 06:22:45 PM »
The operative word here being "run". 
 I think there is at least a 50% chance he is going to create a national emergency and suspend elections.

I think your tin foil hat is too tight!  [tinfoil]
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2013, 06:24:33 PM »
I'm waiting for some idjit to claim the 22nd Amendment is racist.

I figured that must already be out there, so I went looking for it. I didn't find it, but I did find this:

http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2005/06/319395.shtml

The above is a loony-left web page from 2005, warning that the Republicans have "officially started the campaign" to repeal the 22nd amendment. The bill they link to is this one:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:H.J.RES.24.IH:

Sponsored by none other than Democrat Steny Hoyer.   :laugh:  :rofl:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2013, 07:48:43 PM »
I think your tin foil hat is too tight!  [tinfoil]

You're probably right.  More likely he will just burn down the White House on the way out the door  ;/

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2013, 07:57:47 PM »
You're probably right.  More likely he will just burn down the White House on the way out the door  ;/

He could pull an Andy Jackson and invite his political supporters to come visit the White House just before he leaves. :P
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com