Author Topic: Dallas PD lied about shooting of mentally ill man (On Video) Title Edited  (Read 32452 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Dallas PD lied about shooting of mentally ill man (On Video) Title Edited
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2013, 04:37:36 PM »
Well, I finally watched the video, expecting some type of epiphany, but instead I saw a time stamp over a very important part of the video. A car roll up, a chair with half a person in it rolling backwards, who then stood up as the chair continued backwards. The cops are now behind the time stamp (about 15-20 feet away from the person standing), I sure hope they can remove that. The shootee is standing there, not moving forward, or backwards as far as I can tell, and appx 4 seconds later he bends at the middle and drops to the ground.

I am sure that the investigation will show there was probable cause to shoot him, knife, <21ft away, aggressive posture, etc. They can come up with a ton of reasons. If it is anything like Spokane, they don't even get interviewed about it for at least 48 hours. Lots of time to "replay" it in their heads to solidify their story. After all, you don't want them telling one story one day, and another the next.  ;/

But as someone has already said, the trouble won't come from shooting the guy, it will be from the lies about it in the first place.

bob

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2013, 05:05:59 PM »
Try shooting them on that basis and see how it works out for you  =|

Just as a note: I can sorta see why some people want to ban guns just based on how armed  cops (re)act to slight provocation.  ;/

in virginia it would work fine
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Looks Like Murder By Cops (On Video)
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2013, 05:10:38 PM »
You shoot someone and see what you get charged with, odds are it would be 1st or 2nd degree murder.  Just because a cop does it, doesn't make it man slaughter, the gun didn't jump into his hand and pull its own trigger. 

very interesting points
one point you overlook is that someone called and we(society) sent them. i have choices not to engage

they will not be charged for many of the same reason docs and nurses who screw up aren't charged

i would love to see the actual statements as well as hear more about why they were called what was said.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2013, 05:12:44 PM »
very interesting points
one point you overlook is that someone called and we(society) sent them. i have choices not to engage

they will not be charged for many of the same reason docs and nurses who screw up aren't charged

i would love to see the actual statements as well as hear more about why they were called what was said.

Hello, 911?  Some guy is sitting out in the middle of the street in a chair.

???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2013, 05:24:33 PM »
Hello, 911?  Some guy is sitting out in the middle of the street in a chair.

???

don't forget the knife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2013, 05:40:34 PM »
RM, you have a point, I watched that vid several times, and when the first cop went over to the guy after the shooting, all he did was look at him. Didn't remove anything I could make out. Later, I am not so sure, so it could very well have been imaginary. I would think the first thing you would do is to disarm the guy, shot or not, or maybe I have been watching too many COPS shows.

bob

• friends
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2013, 06:06:20 PM »
The imaginary knife?

didn't see the video?  hear what the nice lil old lady said?
its interesting how stuff gets overlooked like that

• friends

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2013, 06:39:13 PM »
didn't see the video?  hear what the nice lil old lady said?
its interesting how stuff gets overlooked like that

Never quit masturbating in the back yard?  Don't know what the crazy neighbors say about you?
Interesting how pulling questions out yer hindquarters can make a false impression.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

• friends
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2013, 07:01:23 PM »
Never quit masturbating in the back yard?  Don't know what the crazy neighbors say about you?
Interesting how pulling questions out yer hindquarters can make a false impression.

I am unclear. Did you hear what the nice folks said about the knife? Or even read about it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2013, 07:23:43 PM »
I am unclear. Did you hear what the nice folks said about the knife? Or even read about it?

Quote from: vague police accounts and unnamed authorities
According to police accounts, Spencer and Watson responded to the 9400 block of Crimnson Court on Monday afternoon after Bennett’s mother, Joyce Jackson, called police for help in dealing with her son.
Authorities have said that she told the 911 operator that Bennett was violent, had a knife and was throwing things at a garage door.

Knife?  Alleged knife, according to a caller who might be lying/mistaken/vengeful/crazy?

Quote from: Bill Wirskye, a former high-ranking Dallas County prosecutor
The videotape just cries out for an independent investigation,” said Bill Wirskye, a former high-ranking Dallas County prosecutor. Wirskye is currently one of the special prosecutors in the Kaufman County district attorney slayings.
“Maybe there’s something that’s not in the video that would justify the officer’s actions, but at least based on the videotape and the documentation that I’ve seen, it’s not a justified shooting,

I saw what Bill Wirskye saw on the video.  The crime of unaggressive standing up, followed by being casually put down a few seconds later by 2 cops whose level of interest did not even rise to the level of reading the McDonalds breakfast menu.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

• friends
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2013, 07:26:49 PM »
Knife?

I saw what Bill Wirskye saw on the video.  The crime of unaggressive standing up, followed by being casually put down a few seconds later by 2 cops whose level of interest did not even rise to the level of reading the McDonalds breakfast menu.
And then I assume you agree also with " maybe there's something not seen in the video"?
And alleged knife ?! You did not trouble yourself with looking at the article? See the statement of the man with the video?

I don't blame ya a bit

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2013, 07:28:17 PM »
And then I assume you agree also with " maybe there's something not seen in the video"?

Probably what we don't see is him raising his hands.  So they shot him.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2013, 07:41:15 PM »
C&SD, there is clearly no knife in the video.  Nothing drops from his hands as he is shot.  The cops do not remove anything from him after he was shot.
A 911 call is purely hypothetical information, it does not become factual until there is ground truth.  Ground truth supporting the cops version of the story is clearly lacking here.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 07:44:22 PM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

• friends
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2013, 07:44:26 PM »
There is clearly no knife in the video.  Nothing drops from his hands as he is shot.  The cops do not remove anything from him after he was shot.  What a little old lady said in the 911 call does not much apply when the victims hands were clearly empty.

what size is your monitor? i can't see it that clearly. and why would a knife have to drop?   you don't believe the older mans narration?  why?  he was there and all

check again om the cops removing the knife the olderman even comments on it.
his statement presents ground truth that does not agree with your video assesment
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 07:53:51 PM by cassandra and sara's daddy »

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2013, 07:46:55 PM »
what size is your monitor? i can't see it that clearly. and why would a knife have to drop?   you don't believe the older mans narration?  why?  he was there and all

Chair guy dropped something in the street when he rolled back.  Cops don't seem much interested in it.  It's pretty fuzzy - maybe it's the landing gear from Amelia Earhart's plane  =|

• friends
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2013, 07:49:45 PM »
Probably what we don't see is him raising his hands.  So they shot him.
I can only see his right hand and arm. Is there video I am unaware of?
Is this like the video of the lady killed in dc where the lady was outa sight and folks were still able to reach conclusions about what happened during that 4 seconds?
If I recall it was the bullets holes in the back of the car that some used to see where no camera was. In that case remarkably enough folks overlooked the car having a forward and reverse gear and the idea that she was shot while in reverse escaped them.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2013, 07:53:26 PM »
Try shooting them on that basis and see how it works out for you  =|
You did read the rest if my post, right?
Chair guy dropped something in the street when he rolled back.  Cops don't seem much interested in it.  It's pretty fuzzy - maybe it's the landing gear from Amelia Earhart's plane  =|
CSD's article implies it may be a pouch of tobacco. And the neighbor says he may have had the knife (which his mother initially told police about) in his hand when he was shot.

• friends
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2013, 07:56:28 PM »
You did read the rest if my post, right?CSD's article implies it may be a pouch of tobacco. And the neighbor says he may have had the knife (which his mother initially told police about) in his hand when he was shot.

that articles not getting much play  odd since it has the older mans statements in there.  but its not what they wanna read either.
if the knife was in his left hand he might not be fibbing  hard to say yet

• friends
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2013, 07:59:08 PM »
and vis a vis that "try that see what happens"   a real life example
http://jonathanturley.org/2007/08/18/john-frederick-ames-and-the-laws-misuse-in-a-fatal-fued/

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2013, 08:00:26 PM »
And alleged knife ?! You did not trouble yourself with looking at the article? See the statement of the man with the video?

Yes, I did "trouble myself" to read the linked article.  Saw no such "statement of the man with the video".
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

• friends
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2013, 08:15:40 PM »
Yes, I did "trouble myself" to read the linked article.  Saw no such "statement of the man with the video".
Really? Which article? What part of "I believe he may have had the knife in his hand when the police shot him, I am not 100percent certain" did you find ambiguous or confusing?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2013, 08:17:56 PM »
Really? Which article? What part of "I believe he may have had the knife in his hand when the police shot him, I am not 100 percent certain" did you find ambiguous or confusing?

Yep, no doubt at all the perp had a knife.  They should have shot him six or eight times more for good measure.

• friends
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2013, 08:37:57 PM »
Yep, no doubt at all the perp had a knife.  They should have shot him six or eight times more for good measure.
see that's progress. We went from clearly there is no knife to this. And all you had to do was listen to what the man said.