Author Topic: Dallas PD lied about shooting of mentally ill man (On Video) Title Edited  (Read 32448 times)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Dallas PD lied about shooting of mentally ill man (On Video) Title Edited
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2013, 08:54:45 PM »
[sarcasm]see that's progress. We went from clearly there is no knife to this. And all you had to do was listen to what the man said.[/sarcasm]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FTFY!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
FTFY!
i have to admit its amazing how some of the subtle nuancing gets overlooked in the articles.

damn phone
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2013, 10:12:48 PM »
see that's progress. We went from clearly there is no knife to this. And all you had to do was listen to what the man said.

That's what you were going on about?!  You mentioned seeing a statement in the article.  I didn't see one.  When someone refers to an article, I tend to think they mean the written part.  I did hear that bit in the video, but there was no way I thought that was what you were referring to.  A WAG is not what I would base exculpation of those fine officers on.  Not when the video evidence is all but damning.

Sorry, my mistake.  I won't expect as much from you in the future.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

• friends
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2013, 10:31:20 PM »
That's what you were going on about?!  You mentioned seeing a statement in the article.  I didn't see one.  When someone refers to an article, I tend to think they mean the written part.  I did hear that bit in the video, but there was no way I thought that was what you were referring to.  A WAG is not what I would base exculpation of those fine officers on.  Not when the video evidence is all but damning.

Sorry, my mistake.  I won't expect as much from you in the future.

It's in the written part as well. So you only read the op article? Try the real news source

Video evidence can be a funny thing
Bet you see what happened here

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SeYRvxP-BRo&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DSeYRvxP-BRo

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2013, 10:41:49 PM »
Video evidence can be a funny thing

And unfounded speculation within a video is downright hilarious.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

• friends
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2013, 10:49:05 PM »
And unfounded speculation within a video is downright hilarious.
ironic that

Levant

• friend
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2013, 12:29:05 AM »
Not that it was aggressive behavior but how does aggressive behavior give the cops the right to shoot someone?  I thought the standard was fear for their life?  I guess that standard has gone out the window.
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2013, 06:47:29 AM »
Police are held to really low standards. Spoiled brats is what they have become. I wonder, in what form should the spanking come?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

• friends
i see now why some of you can't see any evidence of a knife or the cops removing it. the op's "journalist" accidentally edited his video. by some strange fluke it cuts out just in time. try the slightly longer onethat the real reporter used see if that helps. damn funny how he lost just that part
but hey its the internet and you gottactell the mark what he wants to hear
damn phone

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2013, 07:58:44 AM »
the suspect “took several steps toward them with the knife raised in an aggressive manner.”, is the part that makes the po's statement lose credibility.  if an average citizen had a video come forward that showed something contradictory to their sworn statement, i'm reasonably sure that they would face indictment.

in the mothers 911 call, do you think the mentioning of a weapon was used to guarantee a speedy response?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

• friends
Not that it was aggressive behavior but how does aggressive behavior give the cops the right to shoot someone?  I thought the standard was fear for their life?  I guess that standard has gone out the window.

aggressive behavior with a knifw always makes me nervous. i guess some of you are ballsier but a knife hurts

damn phone

• friends
the suspect “took several steps toward them with the knife raised in an aggressive manner.”, is the part that makes the po's statement lose credibility.  if an average citizen had a video come forward that showed something contradictory to their sworn statement, i'm reasonably sure that they would face indictment.

in the mothers 911 call, do you think the mentioning of a weapon was used to guarantee a speedy response?

i agree
credibility is like virginity
i would really like to see/know how/who the lie evolved

my choices ramge from a deliberate decision tocover up what could be a bad shoot by the 2 cops on scene to that same decision being made in the food chain above em. to the cop just being scared and in his mind he really imagines the guy took steps at him. folks get a might flustered and their post event recollections are often off.

if it was a coverup charges are good
there is a school of thought that says once a cop.has had to pull thw trigger once he should be off the street. cases like this might be worth looking at but the jurys out.

i think they can charge directly on false report.

i think mom said there was a knife cause there was a knife and unmedicated schizo with a weapon is part of the cops job description. been there done that its exciting. things happen real fast even if its someone you know.
the comment about special cops trained to handle disturbed folks makes me wonder. most cops do ojt on that very limited real training.

taser on a guy like that?
might work. i will let you try it them folks are crazy strong and you migjt make him mad. i know i gave real consideration to shooting my own brother a couple times . mighta once except i promised mom i'd look after him. he threw 3 of us off him combined weight about 500 pounds. at the time he was 99 pounds. another time i put a hold on him that woulda broke his neck and mighta if he hadn't dropped the knife

damn phone

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2013, 10:36:10 AM »
People need to take personal responsiblity.

If the mother wanted her mentally ill son shot in the stomach, she should have done it herself.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2013, 11:40:43 AM »
A man with a knife can be a very serious threat to a man with a firearm.  The Tueller drill regularly shows knife-wielders getting the better of folk with holstered guns at 21' or less.  In this case, though, they had guns drawn & aimed.  If dude charged, they had the drop on him and could have quickly shot him to pieces.

I wonder what would happen to me if I shot a mentally ill man with a knife who had retreated from me and stood up, but not advanced on me?  And then video showed I lied about what occurred.

I think I would be facing some damned serious charges.

FTR, Dallas PD does not get the cream of the LEO crop.  Less pay and lower standards heavily influenced by racial hiring quotas, relative to surrounding municipalities.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2013, 02:04:43 PM »
People need to take personal responsiblity.

If the mother wanted her mentally ill son shot in the stomach, she should have done it herself.

Sadly, there is much truth there even tho' you were probably being sarcastic.  When you call the cops on a mentally ill person, you should expect them to shoot somebody (and maybe your dog) because that's what they do.
"It's good, though..."

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2013, 03:17:59 PM »
We need to do it the way the Brits do.  Keep firearms out of the hands of police officers, obviously they can't control themselves.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2013, 03:35:53 PM »
just as an aside,  4 shots with only 1 hit on a stationary target........ :facepalm:
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

• friends
just as an aside,  4 shots with only 1 hit on a stationary target........ :facepalm:
thats what made me think either scared or n/d or combination

damn phone

• friends
A man with a knife can be a very serious threat to a man with a firearm.  The Tueller drill regularly shows knife-wielders getting the better of folk with holstered guns at 21' or less.  In this case, though, they had guns drawn & aimed.  If dude charged, they had the drop on him and could have quickly shot him to pieces.

I wonder what would happen to me if I shot a mentally ill man with a knife who had retreated from me and stood up, but not advanced on me?  And then video showed I lied about what occurred.

FTR, Dallas PD does not get the cream of the LEO crop.  Less pay and lower standards heavily influenced by racial hiring quotas, relative to surrounding municipalities.

in va you could  call it a good shoot
i think i posted a link to a local case

damn phone

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2013, 06:32:12 PM »
Let's see what's going on in this thread.

Bad shoot by cops.  Check.
Video evidence of bad shoot.  Check.
Cops caught in lie about bad shoot.  Check.
C&SD making up exculpatory evidence, not based on what is in the video, but what isn't.  Check.

Typically normal day on APS.  Cops shooting, non-tried, non-convicted folk, but because the police were called "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS !!"  or in the case their intestinal track.   Welcome to C&SD's world of "Shoot First and don't ask any questions.*"

*Applicable only to LEO's.  Lesser forms of life not include although may be subject to being shot by LEO's on sight to ensure "Officer Safety".

Never wrestle with a pig.  It wastes your time and the pig enjoys it.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

• friends
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2013, 06:41:20 PM »
If you can help me out with those things you imagine aren't supported let me know. A hint? Don't use the ops edited video
There's the whole tape available but you won't like it
Do any of the texas folk know would there be a dash cam? And is a two man car normal?

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2013, 06:53:01 PM »
If you can help me out with those things you imagine aren't supported let me know. A hint? Don't use the ops edited video
There's the whole tape available but you won't like it
Do any of the texans folk know would there be a dash cam? And us a two man car normal?

I'm really not trying to be a smartass, but having never met F2F I have to ask: "second language?"
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

• friends
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2013, 06:54:36 PM »
I'm really not trying to be a smartass, but having never met F2F I have to ask: "second language?"

Damn auto nonsense on iPad

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2013, 10:21:29 PM »

Sure seems like a case of shooting first and asking questions later.  Assuming the timing is accurate and assuming he had a knife, there was no attempt to talk him down or just wait.  What about a taser?  There were two cops so one could maintain a weapon on the guy regardless of the reaction.  I wouldn't call this an active threat that required immediate shooting.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge