Author Topic: Using Calibre to convert multiple text files into one ebook?  (Read 1339 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Using Calibre to convert multiple text files into one ebook?
« on: October 21, 2013, 04:58:45 PM »
I want to copy my recipe files to my Kindle, but it doesn't recognize RTF format, and more importantly each TXT file takes up a slot in my books list, (or document list) which is already getting cluttered from all the free books I've been downloading. 

Not sure what I was expecting when I created a folder on the Kindle and copied a bunch of files into it...   ;/

I downloaded Calibre and used it to convert "Animal Farm" from HTML to MOBI and it did a good job.  I wonder if it can take a list of files and combine them into a single book file with a table of contents?
"It's good, though..."

Marnoot

• friend
Re: Using Calibre to convert multiple text files into one ebook?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 08:38:53 PM »
Might try "printing" the RTFs to a single PDF, and putting that on the Kindle. Downside to that being no table of contents (unless you have PDF authoring software), and you wouldn't be able to change the font size. I use Calibre for converting formats, but I've never tried to use it for what you're doing, so I'm not sure how well it would work off hand.

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Using Calibre to convert multiple text files into one ebook?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 08:59:43 PM »
I found this after I posted the question: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq.html#how-do-i-convert-a-collection-of-html-files-in-a-specific-order

I don't know if it'll convert text and rtf files or if I need to convert them all to html first... or at least convert them all into the same thing.  Doesn't cost anything to try...

"It's good, though..."