Author Topic: Shots fired at LAX Terminal  (Read 5772 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: WTF? Timing is WAY too soon for this story.
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2013, 05:05:22 PM »
Wouldn't be the first time.  We've pretty much heard that every shooter was a tea party republican nut. Until they aren't.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamisjockey

• friend
Re: Shots fired at LAX Terminal
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2013, 05:07:36 PM »
Topix merged
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2013, 05:12:20 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/01/us/lax-gunfire/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2013, 05:30:41 PM »
He added that no database indicates that Ciancia was on a watch list and the shooters home has not been searched.

Does the news have a list of everybody that is on these databases or something?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2013, 06:06:34 PM »

They probably compiled the list in the first place.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2013, 06:10:02 PM »
Only the right ones
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2013, 07:25:52 PM »
He added that no database indicates that Ciancia was on a watch list and the shooters home has not been searched.

Note to self: encrypted file systems, offsite backup.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2013, 08:18:38 PM »
A man carrying a note that said he wanted to "kill TSA" pulled a semi-automatic rifle from a bag and shot his way past a security checkpoint at Los Angeles International Airport on Friday, cutting down one Transportation Security Administration officer and wounding at least three others, authorities said.

Been wondering when this sort of thing would happen.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2013, 10:35:51 PM »
Wonder if the shooter had a bad experience with the TSA at some point.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2013, 04:13:35 AM »
^^the tsa agent smiled a bit too much during his strip search?

the talking heads are reporting that even those who have had no exposure to guns "knew" that it was a "big" gun by the sound.   :facepalm:    seriously, you might as well say my source is an idiot but i'm quoting them anyway.

Isn't this the same place where they were getting dry ice bombs?

it would be interesting if video surfaced of him watching the response from that day. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 04:17:31 AM by geronimotwo »
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2013, 08:21:05 AM »
Nooz reported he was texting his family long, rambling texts right before the incident.  My money is on him being diagnosed mentally ill.
JD

• friends
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2013, 08:40:43 AM »
Nooz reported he was texting his family long, rambling texts right before the incident.  My money is on him being diagnosed mentally ill.

thats a very good bet
interesting that roomates said he seemed fine.  some folks are very aware that somethings wrong and conceal it from other folks well
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2013, 11:39:05 AM »
Wonder if the shooter had a bad experience with the TSA at some point.

Only if he had ever flown in the last ten years.

Are all the terminals at LAX similar?  The one(s) that I have been through, unless you are one of those platinum gold super priviledged flyer folks, you have to go down a long zig zagging underground tunnel to get to the security check.  It's like going into a dungeon prison ("abandon all hope...") and ALL of the TSA agents were fat and black.

I guess he could have shot his way through the upper floor security, but they have a bunch of folks screening out all the peasant flyers before you can even get in the line  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2013, 05:54:50 PM »
thats a very good bet
interesting that roomates said he seemed fine.  some folks are very aware that somethings wrong and conceal it from other folks well

On meds.  Then off meds.  Then pew pew pew the voices told me to do it.
Only if he had ever flown in the last ten years.

Are all the terminals at LAX similar?  The one(s) that I have been through, unless you are one of those platinum gold super priviledged flyer folks, you have to go down a long zig zagging underground tunnel to get to the security check.  It's like going into a dungeon prison ("abandon all hope...") and ALL of the TSA agents were fat and black.

I guess he could have shot his way through the upper floor security, but they have a bunch of folks screening out all the peasant flyers before you can even get in the line  =|

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure they are not all the same.  The terminal he attacked had pretty much no setback from the street.  Nooz says a dozen steps from the doors to the security line.
JD

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2013, 08:30:21 PM »
On meds.  Then off meds.  Then pew pew pew the voices told me to do it.
It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure they are not all the same.  The terminal he attacked had pretty much no setback from the street.  Nooz says a dozen steps from the doors to the security line.

I don't think any of them have more than a wide sidewalk setback from the street area.

I don't remember the nightmare terminal number where I was, but it served Delta (  =( ) I think.

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2013, 06:56:25 AM »
From linked article at Fox News below.

Ciancia, 23, remained hospitalized Saturday after being hit four times and wounded in the mouth and leg. The FBI said he was unresponsive and they had not been able to interview him.

The announcement of charges came after authorities say they have found a note handwritten by Ciancia in which he describes his intent to kill TSA employees and “pigs,” a law enforcement official told The Associated Press. The handwritten note found in Ciancia's duffel bag and signed by him stated that he had "made the conscious decision to try to kill" multiple TSA employees and that he wanted to stir fear in them, FBI agent in charge David L. Bowdich said.

"Black, white, yellow, brown, I don't discriminate," the note read, according to a law enforcement official who spoke to the Associated Press.

The suspect's screed reportedly also mentioned "fiat currency" and "NWO," possible references to the New World Order, a conspiracy theory that foresees a totalitarian one-world government.

A law enforcement official who was not authorized to discuss the investigation publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity, said the note referred to how the gunman believed his constitutional rights were being violated by TSA searches and that he was a “pissed-off patriot” upset at former Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano.

Emphasis added.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/03/suspect-in-lax-shooting-apparently-had-suicidal-thoughts/

How convenient.  [tinfoil]

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2013, 01:28:16 PM »
Ugh.

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/lax-shooting-not-a-random-event-110113

The amount of idiocy in the article makes my head hurt, and reading through some of the comments didn't help things either.
 [barf]

• friends
Re: Re: Shots fired at LAX Terminal
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2013, 01:34:03 PM »
at least he said he was leaving
hold him to it

damn phone

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2013, 07:26:27 PM »
Ugh.

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/lax-shooting-not-a-random-event-110113
the stupid hurts.

And it particularly hurts when I can't respond on the article with just how stupid it was.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2013, 08:27:36 PM »
He says he's leaving. I hope he means, leaving the country.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2013, 09:49:12 PM »
My opinion on Bad Things happening to TSA minions would get me TJIC'd.

That said,  I don't have a lot of sympathy for willing participants of what the TSA does.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2013, 10:24:47 PM »
My opinion on Bad Things happening to TSA minions would get me TJIC'd.

That said,  I don't have a lot of sympathy for willing participants of what the TSA does.

+ censored. >:D
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!