Author Topic: Hahahah!  (Read 4316 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Hahahah!
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2006, 04:14:37 AM »
Barbara, do you have any better pictures of your feet?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hahahah!
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2006, 05:36:42 AM »
There goes my coffee! Cheesy

Fistful, unless you have a thing for old Polish ladies, the photos of my feet last year would have done nothing for you, I promise.

I'll admit I'm kind of intrigued by the idea of my seeming much older than I am. Why is that?

Perd Hapley

• friend
Hahahah!
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2006, 06:19:46 AM »
A couple of people said they thought I was 45.  I just turned thirty.  

Are you from Poland, or just of Polish descent?

Hahahah!
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2006, 06:44:30 AM »
LOL. Neither. My thyroid quit working and I didn't notice and by the time I did, I was retaining a whole lotta water. I'd wake up in the morning and my eyes would be swollen shut and by evening, my ankles were so swelled up I couldn't get my shoes on.

For those of you who know about these things, my TSH levels were 137. Seriously. 137. They should have been between .3 and 5.0.

I was a little under the weather. Smiley  

Never missed a day of work, though.

Bob F.

• friend
Hahahah!
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2006, 05:47:40 PM »
OK, that does it! Gotta jump back in. Barb: see thread re:6mos to live re: my earlier comments about you. Yeah, meant to be good. About your seeming older that you actually are: It's just your attitude-you seem to have your act together(polish ankles and all!). You're straight forward (or seem to be) and just really not into any BS.

I'm truly an "old fart"--61; I'm an Andy Rooney fan: "The older I get, the fewer things are worth standing in line for..." etc. I really am much less tolerant than in younger years. Not particularly belligerent, though I can be if right button pushed, but not into BS. I'd rather you called me an a$$hole than told me how (insert compliment) I was if you really mean the former. That's OK, you're entitle to an opinion, even of me. Your post seem to exude that same directness; hence, the impression you're "older". Enjoy it! I'm sure you do.

BTW, I'm the nut that e-mailed the joke.

Bob
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
Hahahah!
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2006, 06:42:20 PM »
Quote from: Barbara
I got an email from someone that I think also reads here telling me that my attitude makes people uncomfortable.
Wait a minute Barbara, are you still posting without your uncle's consent?

I thought you'd been warned.... Wink
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Hahahah!
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2006, 03:00:35 AM »
Yep, I'm incorrigible. Smiley

I'm always surprised when people who fully understand an armed uprising over a tea tax don't understand when I'm upfront about expecting to be treated as an adult with a fully functioning brain.

I used to get upset about it. Now I just make fun of them for being dolts. Smiley

Perd Hapley

• friend
Hahahah!
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2006, 03:05:21 AM »
I'm always surprised when people who fully understand an armed uprising over a tea tax don't understand when I'm upfront about expecting to be treated as an adult with a fully functioning brain.
What do you mean?

Hahahah!
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2006, 03:21:12 AM »
Different conversations on another board. People who "let" their wives do this or instruct them on how to behave about that. Bah.

Working together or coming up with mutually acceptable positions = good. Bossing me around under the pretense of protecting me = Ha!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Hahahah!
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2006, 09:03:09 AM »
Different conversations on another board. People who "let" their wives do this or instruct them on how to behave about that. Bah.

Working together or coming up with mutually acceptable positions = good. Bossing me around under the pretense of protecting me = Ha!
I think you might be referring to something I posted ...?

Well, if I am home then how my family answers the door may affect me drastically - the closest I have yet come to drawing a gun on somebody happened when my adult daughter opened the door to a couple of felons who then refused to leave (they finally did).

And even if I'm not there then it is MY home that might get ransacked.  OTOH, I thoroughly endorse the right of anyone to do stupid things and get themselves raped or killed.  I can't protect people who won't take any responsibility for their own safety.

Of course, I am sure Barbara is not a member of the latter category Wink
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Hahahah!
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2006, 09:30:43 AM »
That was the thread where the Burqa was mentioned, but wasn't the one I had in mind. Smiley

Hahahah!
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2006, 09:34:30 AM »
Smiley