Author Topic: Interesting take on 2014  (Read 5182 times)

Waitone

• friend
Re: Interesting take on 2014
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2013, 05:53:59 PM »
Hell, you can't really address what's wrong with the GOP without touching on primaries.  No point in even showing up if the enemy gets to nominate your candidates.
We in SC are facing precisely that situation.  Lindsey Graham has real problems at the state level.  He is simply out of step with Bubba and his Main Squeeze.  Problem is he has $7 million is his war chest and can call on minimum $3 million from progressive enablers.  His strategy appears to be to use SC's open primary system to import democrats and progressives into the republican primary in order to win the primary.  He would then be able to steamroll whatever unfortunate soul democrats throw in his path.  Republicans fielded a number of constitutional oriented candidate which will pay off in the future but not now.  In my humble opinion Graham is headed for re-election unless Trey Gowdy announces.  Something I'm told will not happen since he has a visceral hatred for all things DC. . . . . . just exactly what we need.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2013, 05:57:20 PM »
We in SC are facing precisely that situation.  Lindsey Graham has real problems at the state level.  He is simply out of step with Bubba and his Main Squeeze.  Problem is he has $7 million is his war chest and can call on minimum $3 million from progressive enablers.  His strategy appears to be to use SC's open primary system to import democrats and progressives into the republican primary in order to win the primary.  He would then be able to steamroll whatever unfortunate soul democrats throw in his path.  Republicans fielded a number of constitutional oriented candidate which will pay off in the future but not now.  In my humble opinion Graham is headed for re-election unless Trey Gowdy announces.  Something I'm told will not happen since he has a visceral hatred for all things DC. . . . . . just exactly what we need.

You have my sympathy.  I can count on my senator to suck,  because he's a dem.  You're stuck with that ahole.  Hope Gowdy goes for it. 

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2013, 08:46:05 PM »
It could always be worse.  I have Durbin and Kirk as my Senators.   I can't think of a more reliable D vote then Mark Kirk.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2013, 08:56:03 PM »
It could always be worse.  I have Durbin and Kirk as my Senators.   I can't think of a more reliable D vote then Mark Kirk.

Really? Do I HAVE to bring out the big guns? I'm pretty sure APS CA wins this one. :P
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2013, 10:07:26 PM »
Really? Do I HAVE to bring out the big guns? I'm pretty sure APS CA wins losesthis one. :P

Teeny clarification.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2013, 10:52:57 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2013, 11:42:59 PM »
We're Number 2! We're Number 2!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2013, 01:03:52 AM »
Dear sweet fluffy Vishnu, no GOP majority in Congress and POTUS!  They've already demonstrated they don't want to repeal socialized medicine, they just want to rename it after themselves rather than Obama.  They'll add more Patriot Acts and start more wars, and keep spending high.

[Goes back to work on an asteroid magnet to install in DC during SOTU]

If there must be 546 idiots telling me how to live my life, at least keep them so busy fighting each other that they don't have time to gang up and come after me. ;/

"It is too bad they both can't lose."
----Henry Kissinger on the Iran/Iraq War.

Apt for other situations.

The optimist in me thinks, "If the GOP manages to win House & Senate & POTUS, the right POTUS could lead a roll-back of big gov't to a more manageable size."  The realist in me thinks, "The best we can hope for is gridlock.  The more the MSM uses the term 'ungovernable,' the better for us all."

In happier news, the Australian election was a referendum on who could more effectively stop mass immigration from the third world into Australia.  And nationalist parties are winning bigger across lots of Europe.  Euope/Anglosphere  seems to be having a "I'm not dead yet" moment.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2013, 09:10:50 AM »
Really? Do I HAVE to bring out the big guns? I'm pretty sure APS CA wins this one. :P

I miss the temperate climate...

That said, I don't want California to fall into the ocean, just selected urban areas.

Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2013, 09:43:22 AM »
I miss the temperate climate...

That said, I don't want California to fall into the ocean, just selected urban areas.

If only there was a bomb with a patchouli specific targeting system...

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2013, 09:50:40 AM »
If only there was a bomb with a patchouli specific targeting system...

All I got is... :rofl: :rofl:
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2013, 01:05:38 PM »

Actually, we all lose.  =|
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2013, 01:49:13 PM »

Actually, we all lose.  =|

And sadly, these days, I don't know that we'd be better off with Republicans. Especially any that could win here.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2013, 09:05:57 PM »
And sadly, these days, I don't know that we'd be better off with Republicans. Especially any that could win here.

That's where I'm at.

Being the opposition isn't enough.  Those bastards are proven to be untrustworthy.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2013, 09:21:56 PM »
That's where I'm at.

Being the opposition isn't enough.  Those bastards are proven to be untrustworthy.

Utterly.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2013, 09:57:39 PM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.