Author Topic: Video editing software  (Read 620 times)

cosine

• Administrator
Video editing software
« on: September 03, 2006, 06:56:58 PM »
I need some sort of video editing software, preferably freeware or shareware. My needs are basic, I just need to flip a video around (it was taken on it's side) and shorten it. The file format I'm working with is .mov.

Any recommendations? I don't think there's anything that came with Windows that edits videos, and these videos were taken with our digital still camera so no software came with it or anything.
Andy

Marnoot

• friend
Video editing software
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 07:30:41 PM »
Windows (XP) does come with some very light video editing software called Movie Maker. If it's not in your installation you can download it from the Windows Update page. It may be installed but not in your Programs menu. If so, look in \Program Files\Movie Maker for it.
It will rotate video and do cutting like you need and is very easy to use. Granted it's not feature-rich and isn't suitable for serious editing, but for your purposes it's the cheapest (read free) and easiest to use. I do have Adobe Premier Elements (Elements = cheaper, cut-down version); but find even it's overkill for most of my simple video editing purposes and find myself going back to Windows' Movie Maker for the simple stuff.

InfidelSerf

• friend
Video editing software
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 07:44:32 PM »
Videohelp

All the info and links you need.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76