Author Topic: VA Sen stabbed, son shot and killed  (Read 1622 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
VA Sen stabbed, son shot and killed
« on: November 20, 2013, 01:15:39 AM »
http://tinyurl.com/lczrptw

Any of our VA folks have insight on this? Most likely a domestic thing but never know with politicians.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: VA Sen stabbed, son shot and killed
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 01:31:31 AM »
It looks like a tragic domestic thing, but the part about self-inflicted gunshot sounds fishy.  Why would crazy son use a knife to attack Deeds and then a gun on himself -- that makes no sense.  He might been crazy, but probably not stupid.  More likely scenario: the senator shot his son in self-defense after being attack with a knife, and the cops are calling it "self-inflicted" to shield him from an investigation.  I wonder if they would do the same thing if he weren't a high-ranking pol.
"It's good, though..."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 01:39:09 AM »
that makes no sense

Crazy people do crazy things for no rhyme or reason...it's really that simple. Could easily have been a spur of the moment thing where son grabs a kitchen knife and gets all stabby, then when his target is down or fled he runs and grabs a handgun out of his parents bedroom and kills himself. We don't know the details...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 02:28:51 AM »
Saw a headline that the family tried to have the son committed to a psych ward but were turned away for lack of space.  This was just a day or two prior to the stabbing.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 02:56:46 AM »
Crazy people do crazy things for no rhyme or reason...it's really that simple.

No, actually they don't tend to do that.  It's not a logical 'rhyme or reason' from a sensible standpoint, but there's generally logic behind their actions that you can figure out if you spend the effort to understand what's going on.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 06:03:19 AM »
20 miles down the road from me. Didn't vote for Creigh when he ran for statewide offices but he's a decent guy. Last I heard on local radio the staties were still working on establishing the sequence of events so everything else is speculation and some really trolly and churlish comments on the bottom of some news pages. To be expected, if you have faith in humanity read CNN comment sections, that will fix you right up. Sounds like he has tried to help his son for a long time, very sad situation.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: VA Sen stabbed, son shot and killed
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 06:39:40 AM »
yea deeds is a real decent guy. damn shame
crazy folk do crazy things

damn phone
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 07:01:46 AM »
Saw a headline that the family tried to have the son committed to a psych ward but were turned away for lack of space.  This was just a day or two prior to the stabbing.

That "lack of space" is bovine scat.  The Sheriff could transport him to any hospital with a secure ward, or to any of the 3 state MH hospitals.  What we probably have is a judge who was told the local hospital did not have a bed and therefore declined to issue the Green Warrant (psych exam warrant).

This is a failure of the MH system, the judicial system, and the family.  If someone is in need of a secure setting to be evaluated to determine if they are in fact an ongoing threat to themself or others they should not be released to wait for an "available bed" to a home where there are hammers, knives, circular saws, or any other dangerous implements.  And if they are, steps ought to be taken to secure said dangerous implements.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 08:09:40 AM »
It looks like a tragic domestic thing, but the part about self-inflicted gunshot sounds fishy.  Why would crazy son use a knife to attack Deeds and then a gun on himself -- that makes no sense.  He might been crazy, but probably not stupid.  More likely scenario: the senator shot his son in self-defense after being attack with a knife, and the cops are calling it "self-inflicted" to shield him from an investigation.  I wonder if they would do the same thing if he weren't a high-ranking pol.

Of course, you are assuming the events happened immediately one right after the other.

Plausible scenario: Son, in a fit of rage or paranoia or whathaveyou, flips out and stabs father (multiple times from the report). Comes somewhat back to his senses, realizes what he's done, gets a gun and shoots himself. (Or, another possible motivation, realizes that having done this means he will DEFINITELY be going to an institution, and gets a gun and shoots himself.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought