Author Topic: Chicago PD is a criminal organization  (Read 3679 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Chicago PD is a criminal organization
« on: November 20, 2013, 01:35:24 AM »
Cop drinks "several beers" before duty, mistakes a man's cell phone for a gun, shoots the man several times. Man falls down, as he's lying facedown on the ground bleeding cop shoots him in the back 3 more times. All of this is clearly caught on video. 

Cop is not tested for alcohol for hours, making it unclear if he was legally drunk at the time of the incident. This was the cop's 3rd shooting in a few month period, the second fatal. He was not charged with a crime for any of them.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-10-22/news/ct-met-police-involved-shootings-1023-20111022_1_three-shootings-flint-farmer-gildardo-sierra

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-12-21/news/ct-met-cop-fatal-shooting-alcohol-20121221_1_officer-gildardo-sierra-flint-farmer-police-officer

Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Chicago PD is a criminal organization
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 03:10:46 AM »
Well, at least he got to go home that night.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 07:05:35 AM »
Obviously what is needed is a law against carrying cell phones in public.  Who needs a cell phone when there is a pay phone on almost every corner?

(The fact that The War on Some Drugs is responsible for almost all open air pay phones being yanked has nothing to do with this.  Stop trying to insert logic into the discussion.)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 08:31:16 AM »
Obviously what is needed is a law against carrying cell phones in public.  Who needs a cell phone when there is a pay phone on almost every corner?

(The fact that The War on Some Drugs is responsible for almost all open air pay phones being yanked has nothing to do with this.  Stop trying to insert logic into the discussion.)

stay safe.

As to pay phones, it's more a money issue. As in there just isn't any in that market anymore. Cell phones have pretty well killed the profit.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 09:07:18 AM »
McCarthy told the Tribune the previous administration failed to recognize a pattern in police shootings and had no mechanism to track if officers were repeatedly involved in shootings.

What frakking kind of mechanism do they need!? How did the newspaper track it? I guess they have a "mechanism".
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 12:34:33 PM »
Sierra fired 16 shots at Farmer, hitting him seven times, autopsy reports show

Gotta love that cop accuracy . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 12:38:15 PM »
Chicago PD is a criminal organization

And this is news  ???

;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 01:00:49 PM »
The only reason they took down Capone is the mayor and police dept. didn't like the competition. :rofl:
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 01:02:59 PM »
Gotta love that cop accuracy . . .

Pretty good for a drunk cop.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 02:32:28 PM »
Expect a gun writer and firearms expert with the initials M.A. will soon be weighing in to justify the cop's actions . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 02:44:32 PM »
I think even CSD would have a hard time justifying "Cop who's been drinking shoots an incapacitated, unarmed man laying facedown on the ground" but I've been wrong before.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 03:19:58 PM »
I think even CSD would have a hard time justifying "Cop who's been drinking shoots an incapacitated, unarmed man laying facedown on the ground" but I've been wrong before.

Even the Gestapo had it's blind supporters.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 03:32:13 PM »

$1 says he easily justifies it.

"He was laying facedown in order to get a superior tactical position, cleverly bleeding out to reduce law enforcement traction and then surprise attack if the cop didn't shoot him first in self-defense."
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 03:39:16 PM »
Expect a gun writer and firearms expert with the initials M.A. will soon be weighing in to justify the cop's actions . . .

hehe.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 09:35:51 PM »

"He was laying facedown in order to get a superior tactical position, cleverly bleeding out to reduce law enforcement traction and then surprise attack if the cop didn't shoot him first in self-defense."

Come on now, guys. Is that the best you can do? I pride myself in knowing my opponent's positions before they can proffer them.

C&SD (should he think this is a good shoot) would begin by saying that we aren't getting the full story. (He's usually right about that. The only part where I sometimes disagree is whether the additional information does justify the officer's actions.)

He would then go on to post one or more other versions of the story from another point of view.

Now, having grown up in Illinois, and being familiar with the Chicago PD, I am fully willing to accept this story as it fits with my impressions of the "professionalism" of the Chicago police.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 10:08:34 PM »

Come on now, guys. Is that the best you can do? I pride myself in knowing my opponent's positions before they can proffer them.

C&SD (should he think this is a good shoot) would begin by saying that we aren't getting the full story. (He's usually right about that. The only part where I sometimes disagree is whether the additional information does justify the officer's actions.)

He would then go on to post one or more other versions of the story from another point of view.

Now, having grown up in Illinois, and being familiar with the Chicago PD, I am fully willing to accept this story as it fits with my impressions of the "professionalism" of the Chicago police.

Sometimes I wonder if he is simply playing devils advocate.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 10:10:08 PM »
Sometimes I wonder if he is simply playing devils advocate.

I think Balog nailed it in one of his posts.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 10:58:55 PM »
>MFW  I  know he will eventually post a bunch of vague theoreticals in defense of this cop.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 09:57:38 AM »

I concur. We're not getting the full story. But if one of us shot someone in the back three ish times while they were laying on the ground, we're spending a hundred thousand easily on the trial. That's kinda one of those things that is hard to handwave away. "Shooting person while they are down and out of action" is generally a no-shoot situation.

I actually know a former Chicago PD officer. He says the perception of corruption is true, but somewhat exaggerated in scope. Not every officer is corrupt, but there are more than a few. Internal Affairs allegedly had the dirtest cops.   :laugh:
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, 10:47:47 AM »
I concur. We're not getting the full story. But if one of us shot someone in the back three ish times while they were laying on the ground, we're spending a hundred thousand easily on the trial. That's kinda one of those things that is hard to handwave away. "Shooting person while they are down and out of action" is generally a no-shoot situation.
This exactly.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2013, 10:50:43 AM »
if you had such a dangerous job as a cop you would drink too

:P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2013, 01:24:37 PM »
The only reason they took down Capone is the mayor and police dept. didn't like the competition. :rofl:

Feds took him down, not the locals.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2013, 01:28:05 PM »
Feds took him down, not the locals.

Yep, locals were on his staff.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought