Author Topic: fluffeh kitteh  (Read 19132 times)

Bigjake

• friend
Re: fluffeh kitteh
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2013, 09:21:48 PM »
Our most interesting pets are predators.

It's good to be the king/and or top of the food chain!

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2013, 09:36:08 PM »
+1

The plus side to dogs is that they usually clean up their own vomit. :P
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2013, 10:21:34 PM »
I'm curious. Why do dog folks think it's funny to torture or kill cats, but cat people rarely think it's funny to torture or kill dogs?

In my case, it's to try to get a rise out of overly sensitive humorless "catties".

We support a bunch of cat, and house a few.  We've just brought inside one that looks like a two year old version of stand_waite's little black and white.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2013, 12:13:03 PM »
Cats are citizens.

Dogs are subjects.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2013, 02:00:36 PM »
Cats are citizens.overlords

Dogs humans are subjects.

FIFY.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2013, 07:45:59 PM »
I like him - glad to see he adopted you guys!  ;)
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2013, 07:52:49 PM »
I am simply amazed. I think this fight comes up once a year.

Dear overly sensitive cat people,

Get over your BS.

Sincerly,

A dog person with three cats, one of whom is the devils reject and I havn't actually killed him yet (in fact, I nursed him back to health and punished the dog that tried to kill him)

P.S - also, I find it hystarical that the one who brings this up everytime has an infamous quote floating around this very board about killing hippies.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 08:11:40 PM by bluestarlizzard »
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2013, 09:08:19 PM »
The biggest thing I can see between dogs and cats,  is that I catch cats all year round on the farm with live traps.  Roaming,  killing, and shitting in my flowerbeds like it's cool.  The very rare occasion I see a dog running loose, the poor bugger just seems to be lost and needs taken home.   ( aggressive ones get the same treatment as the cats,  don't pass go,  don't collect $200)

YMMV,  but those are the numbers I have to work with.   

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2013, 09:46:35 PM »
P.S - also, I find it hystarical that the one who brings this up everytime has an infamous quote floating around this very board about killing hippies.

To be fair, one cat is worth like, three hippies.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2013, 09:49:09 PM »
To be fair, one cat is worth like, three hippies.

No amount of hippies has the worth of my big black cat!

Now, the little noisy one that gets kicked out of hell regularly might be worth only two hippies...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2013, 09:50:02 PM »
No amount of hippies has the worth of my big black cat!

Now, the little noisy one that gets kicked out of hell regularly might be worth only two hippies...

Well, I'm not a cat person, so my rate of exchange might be a little lower than others.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2013, 09:52:41 PM »
Well, I'm not a cat person, so my rate of exchange might be a little lower than others.

It depends on the cat.

The little one is definatly more annoying then three hippies, but he definatly smells much better then one hippie... So, you know, I balanced it out.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2013, 10:04:13 PM »
The little one is definatly more annoying then three hippies, but he definatly smells much better then one hippie... So, you know, I balanced it out.

Hippie cat math.  We have come to the point of hippie cat math.  We are well and truly doomed.

FTR, though I own dogs and have never owned a cat, I have co-habited with some really neat cats and like them.  I especially like it when friends & neighbors have a nice cat, as I can pet it and enjoy its company occasionally and not have to sift its poop from the litter box.  More of a peer to peer relationship, rather than client/server relationship.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2013, 10:08:27 PM »
Hippie cat math.  We have come to the point of hippie cat math.  We are well and truly doomed.

FTR, though I own dogs and have never owned a cat, I have co-habited with some really neat cats and like them.  I especially like it when friends & neighbors have a nice cat, as I can pet it and enjoy its company occasionally and not have to sift its poop from the litter box.  More of a peer to peer relationship, rather than client/server relationship.

Considering how well our school systems teach math, cat hippie math is probably the only thing that will save us.

Also, my cats (all of them) poop and piddle outside. Hell, they are better then the dogs about not going in the house. We havn't had a litter box in over a decade.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2013, 10:46:09 PM »
A cat on your lap warms the whole house.

Seems that way anyhow.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2013, 11:26:51 PM »
I am simply amazed. I think this fight comes up once a year.

Dear overly sensitive cat people,

Get over your BS.
:-*
Sincerly,

A dog person with three cats, one of whom is the devils reject and I havn't actually killed him yet (in fact, I nursed him back to health and punished the dog that tried to kill him)

Cats are independant.
Dogs are the four-legged version of sheeple.   >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2013, 11:27:50 PM »
A cat on your lap warms the whole house.

Seems that way anyhow.
=D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2013, 10:20:08 PM »
http://distractify.com/people/personal/agonizing-struggles-that-prove-cat-owners-are-the-best-people-ever/

This belongs here.

I still don't like cats BTW, but I don't hate 'em anymore either.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2013, 04:33:05 AM »
Egalitarian.

Had both.

Many.

Like both.

Despite the ruined drapes, the cats baiting the dogs,  the dogs baiting the cats (a bit noisier), the occasional "What the hell is that on the floor?" from both species,  the dog-walking in the rain and snow and sleet and hail, the putting the bag full of cat litter in the trash in the rain and snow and sleet and hail, the occasional visits to the vets (bring bandaids if it's the cat, and a choke collar if the dog's big)....

Because the purrs and tail-waggings make it worthwhile.

Terry
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 04:40:26 AM by 230RN »

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2013, 10:59:10 AM »
Egalitarian.

Had both.

Many.

Like both.

Despite the ruined drapes, the cats baiting the dogs,  the dogs baiting the cats (a bit noisier), the occasional "What the hell is that on the floor?" from both species,  the dog-walking in the rain and snow and sleet and hail, the putting the bag full of cat litter in the trash in the rain and snow and sleet and hail, the occasional visits to the vets (bring bandaids if it's the cat, and a choke collar if the dog's big)....

Terry

Much truth in this.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2013, 01:01:37 PM »
Egalitarian.

Had both.

Many.

Like both.

Despite the ruined drapes, the cats baiting the dogs,  the dogs baiting the cats (a bit noisier), the occasional "What the hell is that on the floor?" from both species,  the dog-walking in the rain and snow and sleet and hail, the putting the bag full of cat litter in the trash in the rain and snow and sleet and hail, the occasional visits to the vets (bring bandaids if it's the cat, and a choke collar if the dog's big)....

Terry

In the future, take duck tape and some safety sissors. Kittie booties are much more awesome then claws inserted into body.
If, for some reason, you think putting duck tape on cats is cruel or disturbing, you can get brightly colored duck tape.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2013, 03:08:05 PM »
In the future, take duck tape and some safety sissors. Kittie booties are much more awesome then claws inserted into body.
If, for some reason, you think putting duck tape on cats is cruel or disturbing, you can get brightly colored duck tape.
:facepalm:   Duct tape.   

:angel:

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2013, 03:12:43 PM »
No, duck tape. It was designed for ducks, and it can be applied to cats. A special version was designed for cats, but because it was ordered by the feds for a "black cat " project, it is 97 times as expensive. So most ordinary folks just use the duck tape instead. In certain circles pussy tape is used, but it is not for family friendly forums. (no XXX in FFF).

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2013, 03:45:21 PM »
:facepalm:   Duct tape.  

:angel:

But you don't use it on ducts, so why not call it duck tape? Calling it duct tape is just confusing.

and the defense rests.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 03:49:17 PM by bluestarlizzard »

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2013, 06:47:32 PM »
Sure you use it on ducts.   Ducts come in sections and have to be attached.  Thus we have "duct tape."  Your photo actually proves my point since that stuff is made by a manufacturer that took that name to poke fun at people who call duct tape "duck" tape.

Tokugawa,  :facepalm:    you're on your own.