Author Topic: Who Knew SyFy did good Sci-Fi?  (Read 3981 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Who Knew SyFy did good Sci-Fi?
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2014, 06:30:03 PM »
The funny thing is, in this dystopia, St Louis is actually a much better place to live.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2014, 06:38:28 PM »
The funny thing is, in this dystopia, St Louis is actually a much better place to live.

:rofl:

Seriously, though, it's fun sci-fi.  Earth isn't the same place it used to be.  Solid 1-2 generations of those who have been born on the new earth.  Also, at the beginning of the war, the alien races tried terra-forming earth to their liking, which is why it's all *expletive deleted*ed up.  Oh, and as a result of getting their alien asses kicked, there is an epic amount of trash in orbit that comes down from time to time.  And nasty alien critters and *expletive deleted*it that have been brought to earth, too.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2014, 06:49:56 PM »
It's a horrible movie.  But my wife and I were both entertained for two hours by Sharknado.  Kind of like our own little private MST3K.  Cuddle up on the couch and laugh at the movie.

I'm probably going to have to get Sharktopus vs Pteracuda on DVD.  I figure if a date can make that truly entertaining, nothing will ever be too much for us to handle together.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2014, 06:51:48 PM »
SWMBO and I will be cracking some beer and/or cider and watching Sharknado 2.  It's comedy gold.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2014, 06:26:11 AM »
Defiance Season 1 is available for free to Amazon Prime members.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2014, 09:49:45 AM »
A peace is reached in the mid-21st century, and everyone is trying to get by on what's left of Earth. I'm seeing elements of Babylon 5 (aliens) and Firefly (old/new tech mix, and an over-reaching govt body called the Earth Republic).

You forgot "whore that would be worth some serious money."

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2014, 03:12:58 PM »
So, being a Prime member, I thought I'd check out Defiance.  Within the first fifteen minutes, the main character has to shoot some wild alien animals.  He shot 14 times.  He drew the handgun with his left hand, the first eight shots were with his right hand, the next two with his left, the rest with his right.  Apparently, which hand he used was determined by which camera he was facing.  These are the kinds of things that bug me.  Hopefully there aren't too many more of them . . .

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2014, 03:54:28 PM »
So, being a Prime member, I thought I'd check out Defiance.  Within the first fifteen minutes, the main character has to shoot some wild alien animals.  He shot 14 times.  He drew the handgun with his left hand, the first eight shots were with his right hand, the next two with his left, the rest with his right.  Apparently, which hand he used was determined by which camera he was facing.  These are the kinds of things that bug me.  Hopefully there aren't too many more of them . . .

Mirror images?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2014, 04:06:22 PM »
Mirror images?

Definite possibility.  In shots like that, it can be hard to tell unless the character has some significant asymmetry, and it's an annoyingly common cop-out on continuity issues even when it's fairly obvious. (On the occasions anybody bothers to give a crap about continuity anymore.)