Author Topic: van crash causes MWG panic at LAX  (Read 1276 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
van crash causes MWG panic at LAX
« on: November 23, 2013, 01:30:30 PM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/11/22/van-lax-crash-terminal/3683881/

Terminal 4, which was evacuated as a precaution, has been deemed safe. Travelers must go through security again, Castles said.  Some 2,000 people were evacuated from the terminals, hundreds more were affected, dozens of flights were delayed and a few were diverted Friday night, airport officials said.

If I have already passed the "security" checkpoint there is no reason to evacuate - I'm already in the extra ultra-safe zone, right?

Or do they really have some ulterior motive for putting me out there in the danger zone?

stay safe.

Mods - go ahead and move tp Poly-Ticks if you reallly want to.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Phyphor

• friend
Re: van crash causes MWG panic at LAX
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 01:40:59 PM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/11/22/van-lax-crash-terminal/3683881/

If I have already passed the "security" checkpoint there is no reason to evacuate - I'm already in the extra ultra-safe zone, right?

Or do they really have some ulterior motive for putting me out there in the danger zone?

Somebody's gotta be the bullet soak, and the TSA agents ain't gonna do it!
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 03:35:47 PM »
I guess the bad guys don't even have to do anything any more other than make a phone call.......

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 05:26:14 PM »
I guess the bad guys don't even have to do anything any more other than make a phone call.......

LOL  Some friends did this in Jr. High.  Went to a local phone booth, called the school and said "This is a bomb threat." 

Much consternation and school evacuation resulted.  The guys ended up going to a Scared Straight program to set them on the right path.  Not that it worked...

Kinda sad when the National Psyche has come to resemble a Benny Hill sketch.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 05:27:40 PM »
Kinda sad when the National Psyche has come to resemble a Benny Hill sketch.

Pretty much. Are we really that panicky?  :facepalm:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 05:29:23 PM »

No need to waste a car bomb in location #1 to draw assets off of location #2, or to draw more assets to location #1.

My dream, after they return carry of handguns to airports/airplanes, is a crowd of armed LACs figuring out which one has the "right of way" to take the shot.  Or better yet, shifting out of the Circular Firing Squad formation into 2 or 3 ranks with the BG backed up against a halfway decent backstop.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.